Happy New Year -sorry it's late

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year -sorry it's late

It's quite a while since I posted on here but i do 'pop in' from time to time. it's practically 4 years to the day that I sat in CC with my son in the dock,nerves in tatters, hoping and praying that justice would be don. I can remember just how horrendous the ordeal was, what a sad Christmas we had, just how much stress and anxiety and sadness was in the air.

Several people on this forum were of incredible help and support to me, for which I will always be grateful. Just knowing we weren't alone and realising that is wasn't a nightmare, but a very real situation that had to be faced head on with all the ammunition we had made things possible.
    One of the most important things I learnt in a previous battle (a health one) was how fear can be the most destruction of emotions but it can be controlled, even if you have to keep doing it.

Here's an example : I've always been terrified of going over bridges, driving over flyovers has got me in quite a state in the past. These days, most times I'm OK but sometimes the fear creeps into me and takes hold. I know that there's nothing wrong with my driving, and apart from someone else doing something silly, poor road or climatic conditions, the only thing that could be a real danger in that situation is the fear itself.

So if you've (or a loved one has) been falsely accused and are going through this dreadful situation, please don't lose your means to fear - don't let it paralyse you into inaction. Whatever's thrown at you, fight to prove your innocence.

I wish everybody on here, particularly the 'old 'nes ' a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hey WGO
    Thanks for this.
    There's so many hoping for a happy new year, and it's good to be reminded that there's life after allegations!
    That's a very important point - don't let the fear cause inaction!!
    It's very very easy to let this happen.
    Fighting it is the only option.
    Life is never the same again but there's a lot to be said about positive mental attitude!
    From all those on the long slow road to recovery - thanks very much!
    YoH

Comment

It great to hear from you and I'm pleased that you've not forgotten the forum.

Happy New Year to you and onwards and upwards(the last comment being tongue in cheek in view of your mention of flyovers)
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Bless ya WGO and the same to you!!
        People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

happy new year everyone, just like to echo the thoughts , there is always life after the false allegations, hope every one in the dreadful situation are keeping well , and stay positive

Comment

Working...
          X