Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 19 days

Hello all,
    I know I don’t post much on here but I do always keep checking and offer what I can when I can. Exactly 2 years ago since I was first arrested and my trial is n 19 days I am beyond scared this month is so hard I am working all the way up until the trial so should the worst happen I have left my partner and son some money. Ive been over and over my case and struggle to see how anyone in their right mind has thought ye she is telling the truth. I pray the jury see that too.

Hello Farmer

I don't post much on here either unless I feel I can help or add to the great advice usually already given.

The countdown to the trial is every bit as agonising as the long slow process before it. You are doing the best thing by keeping going to work and earning the money and also retaining a sense of normality.

Obviously the uncertainty of the outcome of the trial is awful to contemplate and sadly you must be prepared for the worst. However, there is every hope that if you present yourself well and throw enough doubt in front of the jury they will make the right decision. There have been more than a few good results recently, my own included, so you must not allow being prepared for the worst to prevent you from thinking rationally.

In my own trial, I believe (although without speaking a juror I won't know) that they had made up their mind before the prosecution had finished their case, such was the ridiculous evidence they had. Hopefully this will be the case in your trial also.

My last thought is that I quite liked going to court in a way. It was my chance to have my say. It was only the possible result that was frightening and that was out of my hands after the jury had been sent out. The important bit is what the jury hear and see when you have the chance.

Good luck friend. I will be hoping you come back soon for some dancing bananas.
    For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
    https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Hi Farmer
      Feeling your pain with you!
      You're doing the right thing by working, as this will keep you busy.
      Keep positive.
      The lies haven't been questioned before - now they will!
      Draw on the strength given to you on here.
      Sending it in bucket loads!
      YoH

Comment

Hi Farmer.

It Is a very stressful,time for you but hang on in there The trial is when you will finally have your say. As frightening as it is you can get through this. You Sound very well prepared so that is good. Make sure you have given evey bit of evidence no matter how small to defence barrister. Make sure you have done timeline and hold your head up high. You can do no more. After the 1st day it did get easier at trial and wasnt as bad as we expected. I hope you have support at Court. You are as ready as you can be. The FA Wont be expecting to have her story challenged and questioned to,date this wont have happened so keep strong and you can get Through this and get your life back x

Comment

I'll be thinking of you on a daily basis. These days leading up to the trial are the worst of all, I think. Hopefully, once you get into the courtroom, it will be evident what a weak case they have, and you will get the correct verdict. There are a couple of really good 'stickies' on here where people have outlined there experience of court for the benefit of others. I'm sure, if you read them, you'll find encouragement.

Try not to let nerves get the better of you, keep a smart and respectful demeanour, and there is every chance that the lies will be exposed for what they are. As others have said, this is the first time that your accuser has been asked to account for herself. Find those stickies and draw strength from them and from the support that we are all sending through the virtual world.

Please keep us updated here if you can. We will be rooting for you, your partner and your son. Sending positive thoughts and vibes so that you will be able to start putting this behind you within the month.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. Kind of weird when I drive anywhere now I look around wondering is this it is the last few times I’ll be free I am 27 and could end up being sent down for something I am completely and utterly innocent off, then I get times where I’m so confident I think to myself no way can she successfully lie to a whole court room its different when it’s just her and a policewomen she’s relaxed enough to spin a tale. I have never been before the Crown court other than for plea where as she was giving evidence at another of her rape trial a year ago against her husband which makes me feel as if she is experienced on how to handle the whole thing.

Comment

Haven't read much about your back story farmer, but hearing that she was in court a year ago saying the same thing - I don't know about anyone else, but if I was a member of a jury I would immediately be suspicious of that. Seems a bit convenient to me.

Comment

The one a year ago was against her husband who was found not guilty 2 counts and she is now back living with him, as they rekindled straight after the trial. He is also going to be her support at my trial such c**p

Comment

Originally posted by farmer42 View Post
                  The one a year ago was against her husband who was found not guilty 2 counts and she is now back living with him, as they rekindled straight after the trial. He is also going to be her support at my trial such c**p
                  That beggars belief! You must make sure that is referred to in court and make sure it's like signposted to the jury. That is the weirdest thing I've heard so far about any of the cases I've read about - the complainant ends up back with the defendant? 'Sorry love it was just a mistake'. What!?! I think that would annoy the jury to be honest. Do the CPS have evidence against you that is very strong? I think you'd need unequivocal evidence once you'd heard something like that wouldn't you?! I am no expert, but it all sounds very, very odd.

Comment

Good grief!!! How these cases get to court is a mystery - except that it's possible that the prosecution doesn't know the full story. Hopefully, your barrister will make sure that they and the jury end up fully informed, one way or another.

Take comfort, if you can, from the fact that her husband was found not guilty. To my mind, the whole thing brings her current story into doubt.
                    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi Farmer

I have every faith that the right outcome will be NG for you and you will be putting it behind you soon. I will be sending positive vibes to you during trial. I too am amazed its gone to tria but unfortunately not suprised its the current climate. Im sure your barrister will put to good use her previous FA. Hold your bead up high and soeak the truth Im sutpre the Jjry will see through this. They certainly did in OHs trial, Jury went from glaring as charges read out day one to some in tears during defence evidence and verdict so keep,positive. X
                      Last edited by Staystrong1; 11 January 2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

It's quite difficult to imagine what he can say in cross-examination to persuade the jury that the allegation against you is valid...."Yes my wife did accuse me of rape"...."No, she wouldn't make these accusations up"...."Er, well no I wasn't guilty of raping her, errrm..."
                        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you again every one for the support it is helping more than you know. It is just a case of one word against the other as she is saying it happened a few years ago, I myself have picked through the statement which has not been hard as it really is such rubbish. As for her husband the last accused he will be in court with her but his evidence and the other alleged person she disclosed to her Mum the prosecution have sent through as unused materiel. In her statement, she says yes I’m back with my husband but he has shown remorse for what he has done. Thank you again all praying my life is where it should be in 3 weeks.

Comment

Farmer42 I can really relate to what you have said (supporting OH through fa at the moment) and he's said the same things to me.

Remember how strong you have been so far to get through this. We'll be thinking of you. Please remember you're not alone. The whole process is scary and intimidating but people do make it through to the other side as you will too.

Comment

Thank you again every one for the support it is helping more than you know. It is just a case of one word against the other as she is saying it happened a few years ago, I myself have picked through the statement which has not been hard as it really is such rubbish. As for her husband the last accused he will be in court with her but his evidence and the other alleged person she disclosed to her Mum the prosecution have sent through as unused materiel. In her statement, she says yes I’m back with my husband but he has shown remorse for what he has done. Thank you again all praying my life is where it should be in 3 weeks.
                              Shown remorse for what he has done when he pled and was found not guilty? No wonder they didn't want to use that. Hopefully your barrister can make use of it. The system is appalling - and they want to change things so that the 'victims' drive the investigation. Madness heaped on madness!!

Comment

Working...
                              X