Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Sexual assault accusation in the USA-need advice

Good day to everyone.

I would like to tell you my side of the story of an unpleasant event which i have had in the USA four years ago, and i would value your opinion.

I do not live in the US, but i was a participant in an exchange program.
    Couple of days after my arrival to my new home (the house was big with 3-4 rooms and with 11 of us living there at the time) for the next few months, and meeting my new roommates-friends we decided to have a night out and go to an american bar.
    At the bar we met a girl which was all over us, saying how sexy our accent is and so on, chit-chat...when it was the time of the (as they call it) last call, we decided to go home.She insisted on going home with us for an "after party", her friends did not want to come, so she came with us by cab. While we were waiting for the cab, a couple of meters from us she was showing her tattoo on her butt cheack to some random people.

At our place we talked and the house was full of people.At one point we started talking about sex, she said that she would like to, but she is on her period.I said i do not mind.After this i showed her where the bathroom is- where she took out her tampon, and i waited for her.And after that i showed her where my room is.Although this part is blurry to me as it probably is to her, the facts will be clearer after the story.

So, in the room she orally satisfied me and two of my friends who came into the room when they saw that i went in with her.And after giving oral we had sex and the whole time she was on top! (i honestly think this is relevant).By the way the two guys came in one by one.
    I am not sure how long it lasted, but i would say less than an hour.
    After this, she sat in the living room saying-repeating "oh my god i am such a slut" (i was told this i did not see it) and went home on her own.

We went to sleep, and a few hours later (less than 10) the police busted in our room with guns and told us to go to the living room and lay on the floor.They read us our rights and said that we are charged with sexual assault.We were not handcuffed at any time.They took our pictures, and we sat in a car one by one to give our statements which were voice recorded.At least 8 people gave statements of the events of that night.
    After a couple of days i was called to take a polygraph test to which i have agreed.For some reason i was the only one called to do the test.
    I do not remember the questions, just two of them which were did you threaten her with a weapon? Did anyone else threaten her with a weapon?
    The man who questioned me said after the testing. i quote "i knew you did not do it the moment i saw you".I cried after he told me i have passed.
    I have never been to court regarding this case.I only spoke to the police in the car, and with the detective giving the lie detector test.

I have lived my next three months in fear of ending up in prison and in the upcoming months i did as much reading as i could on cases like mine- drunk sex after meeting in a bar and sexual assault claims.
    I have left the US after three months due to my Visa expiration, and did not have any trouble at the border.

So the facts in short are: We were all drunk, i passed the polygraph test, and the whitneses gave statements from their perspective of the whole situation.

I never received any information regarding this case.So there is no case? (there was no case to make it even to court) or they did not file the case in the three months i was there, and there may be a case now?

I am asking because i would like to come back to the US and do an internship, i am afraid since this whole incident.I do not feel i did anything wrong.
    Drunk sex happens everyday between couples and by law that is rape.That is idiotic.
    Its like, someone robes you, and if you do not "feel" robed you weren't.
    And the phrase in the law says "drunk people cannot give consent" is this phrase as simple as its sounds?You sleep with someone drunk and that's it- you're a rapist if that person says so?

I had my loses regarding this situation, i had to move to a new city and i lost my job.I do not seek revenge i just want to feel like a free man!

If I was in your position I'd contact the authorities in the USA maybe through the British embassy - I don't know how these things work. I know one thing though, I wouldn't return under any circumstances unless I had a written undertaking from the powers that be that there was no case or they wouldn't pursue you legally. The sentences over there are positively Victorian compared to ours and the way in which some of the treatment of sexual offenders (guilty or not) in prisons is barbaric. I would be very, very careful in your position.

Comment

Working...
    X