Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• false rape accusation blackmail at crown court

http://www.kentonline.co.uk/sevenoak...toring-118386/

.....And yet the sentence is to be relatively short. Fair?

I read this article earlier.

It's outrageous the lengths this girl has gone through in order to try to gain £250. Although at least she admits she was in a very bad place.

The commitment by the plod to pursue her is a positive. Perhaps the 'believe the victim' culture is waning?

Regarding whether the sentence was fair - I thought it was interesting that the judge commented "Use of this material would have resulted, had it gone any further, in at least suspension and an investigation. So it is, this case is particularly serious".

He acknowledges this case is serious but what about the many many others who are falsely accused who get suspended from work or far worse.

I shall stop there before I go off on another rant!!

Comment

I know! There is a total imbalance in the system. I doubt an 18 year old male would have got the same treatment.

Comment

Would not surprise me she is part of a group of scammers, blackmailing people into handing over money.Not realising initially that this guy was a policeman. I see she's all apologetic making pathetic excuses just trying to cover her tracks..

Comment

This reminds me of something that happened to my parents. Just under three years ago, I was falsely accused by a family member of attempted rape. However, about 2-3 years before this my parents received letters from my accuser from a bogus solicitor making demands for money due to claims of abuse. There was no truth to the allegations but my parents never reported the matter. It was only when i was interviewed by the police over the allegations made against me that I told the Police about the letters he sent. I eventually got copies of the letters and emailed them to the investigating officer. Well a few weeks later, I received a phone call from a senior detective stating they now believed the allegations made against me were malicious and informing me the accuser had also made allegations agsinst my father and these letters undermined his complaint. The whole case was dropped against me and my Dad but we made a complaint about my accuser. Him and his partner got arrested and my accuser admitted sending the letters. He was charged with fraud and attempting to extort money but to my horror only received a caution. What justice is that after all the distress he caused? 18 months nearly of hell for me.

Comment

Slowdown, that's just awful for you guys to go through.
            In my opinion the b...h in the article & your accuser's are the "tip of a fraudulent iceberg",our (my Oh accuser)also goes by many aliases,
            The proof is that in recent studies it has been demonstrated that when countries took away the "compensation" element there was a drop of "70%" of claimants with recent & historical accusations!!

Comment

Maybe that's what we should cam campaign for. It would be more effective than changes to the law as it goes right to he crux of many cases - personal greed.

Comment

Just to add this research probably highlights that unfortunately "genuine" victims are seldom seeking justice...and that the issue of sexual abuse has not dramatically increased by 200 % over the past decade it is just the fraudulent claims that have!!

Comment

sqounk,am not sure where to start, but if people agree then perhaps yes the compensation culture should be the first issues to address.

Comment

Ha ha I wasn't suggesting you should campaign. It would have to be a collective movement. It would hit at the very heart of one of the primary FA motIves.

Comment

Working...
                    X