Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on how to present myself during interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
    I took everyone's advice and was open and honest when interviewed today. One thing was clear the police officers only asked me about things that they thought made me look guilty rather than asking questions which where balanced and objective. It was interesting to get to see what my FA said. Nothing that surprising but one time I wanted to say "that is ********" but I paused and said "that is bunkum" but they all knew what I meant.

The funny thing now as the investigation process is over reference me and the file is being sent to the CPS, I am no longer on bail and there are no longer any bail conditions. This means I can go with 0.25 of FA's address, move house if and I want to and if I bumped into her in the street I can speak to her if I wish. The things is I cannot understand the logic of this at all. I don't understand why they don't keep the bail conditions on while the CPS is deliberating. I actually they did as it gave me a clear boundary.

Anyway my solicitor feels that the interview went well and that it will indeed come across go at trial. btw I did pull the police up about things and said hang on a minute.

Well can anyone lend me £2000 for a holiday in Tenerife?
    Glad you survived the interview and it went well. I really wouldn't accidently on purpose bump into her on the street if I were you, not sure if that's what you were sort of implying - bail conditions are over but if you are seen to be interfering with a witness or the police suspect it, it could look very bad for you (and it could mean you go on remand or they reintroduce bail maybe - I would have thought anyway). If I were in your position I would steer very clear of her.

I was interested in what you saying about the kinds of questions you were asked - they have interview strategies and they have a challenge phase which is designed to put you under pressure, usually at the end - I saw this on a TV programme about police. I was wondering what examples of questions were asked and did they allow you time to explain as you wanted to in your answers? There are protocols for interviews these days.

Comment

The questions I was asked where specific to my case. They advise me of what the FA said and I responded to what she said. There are no global questions asked really just specific to my case. Did you on this date do..... Did you ..... They questioned me about texts between me and the FA but I pointed out that they where picking and choosing the texts that made me look guilty and did not question me about the texts which talked about football and random conversation etc. I actually pulled them up on it and said that they did not ask me about the texts which showed me in a positive light. I have learn't that THE POLICE ARE NOT UNBIASED OR INDEPENDENT as they should be but they looking just for convictions.

Comment

I took everyone's advice and was open and honest when interviewed today. One thing was clear the police officers only asked me about things that they thought made me look guilty rather than asking questions which where balanced and objective. It was interesting to get to see what my FA said. Nothing that surprising but one time I wanted to say "that is ********" but I paused and said "that is bunkum" but they all knew what I meant.

The funny thing now as the investigation process is over reference me and the file is being sent to the CPS, I am no longer on bail and there are no longer any bail conditions. This means I can go with 0.25 of FA's address, move house if and I want to and if I bumped into her in the street I can speak to her if I wish. The things is I cannot understand the logic of this at all. I don't understand why they don't keep the bail conditions on while the CPS is deliberating. I actually they did as it gave me a clear boundary.

Anyway my solicitor feels that the interview went well and that it will indeed come across go at trial. btw I did pull the police up about things and said hang on a minute.

Well can anyone lend me £2000 for a holiday in Tenerife?
        Squonk is dead right about not bumping into the FA and certainly do not speak to her. Do not go anywhere near the address either. No messages, phonecalls or facebook.The bail conditions were as much to protect you as her. I would have thought the police or your solicitor would have warned you about this being witness intimidation. You would be wise to avoid the accuser as much as possible and try to leave a trail of crumbs as to your whereabouts in case she decides to lie about you speaking to her or threatening her. You really could be hauled in and possibly held on remand.The offence of witness intimidation continues to apply for a year after a NFA and the burden of proof would be on you to prove there was no intention to intimidate, even if all you said was hello.. So if you do accidentally bump into her, get your phone out and record it.
        For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
        https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

I have discovered that as my FA has mental health issues that there is a "vulnerable adult" team including police, social worker and mental health staff working with her. It appears that the police liaison officer has revealed details of the investigation to this team. Someone on the team then informed my employer. I was wondering are details of police investigations not confidential? Is this information sharing not illegal or a crime. The worst bit as I work for the same health trust they then passed on the information to my management. This is directly dodgy but I need to know if it is illegal.

Comment

I don't think anything is actionably confidential tbh.
            Someone I know published a photo of someone's witness statement on social media for all to see.
            They were told that it wasn't illegal!
            I sometimes think that once you're in the system, anything goes as to your confidentiality!
            Only my opinion though!!
            I'm no legal mind.
            YoH

Comment

Pond I worked for a health trust to,nowdays this information sharing is all legal, under the safe guarding interventions
              .Now my OH worked in health care,he is answerable to a governing board ,however fortunately they have let him keep his current registration as he has not been charged yet...

Yoh,I agree nothing seems to be confidential, am very concerned about the press coverage should OH be charged and I don't think you can stop that unless one gets an injection against the media, which I think costs thousands!

Comment

OK another fecking question. I know if you are charged you got to magistrates court first then it is kicked up to crown court. I was wondering does the FA have to turn up to the magistrates court and if she does not do they drop the case?

Comment

OK another fecking question. I know if you are charged you got to magistrates court first then it is kicked up to crown court. I was wondering does the FA have to turn up to the magistrates court and if she does not do they drop the case?

No, she doesn't need to turn up to magistrates. And no, they don't dismiss the case if the FA doesn't attend there. Mostly, they don't.
                  'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

You know what is so frustrating is that I have evidence at hand that will blow my FA out of the water if the case goes to court. I wish I could simply give it to the police because if they did their job right it would cause them to drop the case. Unfortunately I know if I give them the evidence they will just go back to the FA and give her the chance to excuse it. So I am going threw months of hell for this. Can I take a private prosecution ask the FA afterwards if there is a NFA or not guilty verdict?

Comment

Private prosecutions are hugely expensive and pointless for the most part. One of the hardest things to deal with in all of this is the idea that false allegations ruin lives, but the accuser walks away scot-free almost 100% of the time.
                      Last edited by Franticwithworry; 4 February 2017, 10:25 PM. Reason: To correct autocorrect
                      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I know I will hear the tutting all the way from England for what I am about to say. I confess that I have been protective of my FA's feelings so far in my case just because of the slight glimmer of a possible future with her. I have come to realise now that there is no hope and I must put myself first. I can blow her case out of the water but that means hurting her but that is the result of her actions not mine. I now realised that I have to do what I need to do in order to get where I need to go. I so wish I could simply supply the police with my evidence because I know it would blow the case out of the water but as others have said on her they would just take it to her so she can change her story.

I am in Northern Ireland and as you may know there is a up and coming election in March for our Local Assembly. Well I bumped into one of the candidates in the street the other day and discussed the fact that conviction rate should not be used as a metric for success or a police force or individual police offer as this means they seek evidence for conviction rather than performing an unbiased investigation. Well it took a while for the politician to understand where I was coming from but she agreed that I had a point. After the election I shall be writing to the Justice Minister and Policing Board to argue the case.

THERE ALSO HAS BEEN A NEWS ITEM ABOUT THE POLICE ARRESTING TWO PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR A PRIVATE FIRM DOING POLICE FORENSIC WORK. IT APPEARS THEY WERE FALSIFYING DATA IT IS A NEW STORY SO DOES NOT APPEAR ON ANY NEWS SITES AS YET. THIS MEANS THAT POLICE FORESENICS CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

Comment

THERE ALSO HAS BEEN A NEWS ITEM ABOUT THE POLICE ARRESTING TWO PEOPLE WHO WORK FOR A PRIVATE FIRM DOING POLICE FORENSIC WORK. IT APPEARS THEY WERE FALSIFYING DATA IT IS A NEW STORY SO DOES NOT APPEAR ON ANY NEWS SITES AS YET. THIS MEANS THAT POLICE FORESENICS CANNOT BE TRUSTED.

Here's the story - if it's the same one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-39020384

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs Forgetful View Post
                            Here's the story - if it's the same one

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-39020384

Ha it was Randox Labs over here in Northern Ireland. The fact that results cannot be trusted is enough for reasonable doubt in my view.

Comment

And here's an update http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...sults-500-lab/
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Wow!
                                I thought this country was above corruption like this.
                                I stand corrected!
                                YoH

Comment

Working...
                                X