Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice on how to present myself during interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    After being charged with a several sexual offences against one individual which I feel sololy relies on one indictment that has supporting forensic evidence where the victim was treated at a certain rape centre hospital within the Manchester area; this article is very interesting. Wonder how much weight this article would have if used as evidence in court? Bearing in mind it states that the tampered evidence was involved drink driving offences.

Comment

Originally posted by WronglyAccused View Post
      After being charged with a several sexual offences against one individual which I feel sololy relies on one indictment that has supporting forensic evidence where the victim was treated at a certain rape centre hospital within the Manchester area; this article is very interesting. Wonder how much weight this article would have if used as evidence in court? Bearing in mind it states that the tampered evidence was involved drink driving offences.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....re_Click_Other

An update, charges are being dropped and convictions overturned.

Comment

It has been about 5 weeks since my police interview. I am not sure I can cope with waiting like this for much longer. I wish so much that the PPS and Police would understand what effect false allegations have on someone. I suspect my file is just sitting on a desk somewhere holding someones coffee cup.

Comment

For a lot of people the 4-8 week period seems to be the most difficult. You WILL cope even though it doesn't feel like it right now.

Please try to think of it this way - being falsely accused is such a severe shock that it causes brain trauma. Your brain is as damaged at the moment as if you had broken a bone and it needs time to recover. You need to allow this healing process to happen by being kind to and gentle with yourself. Expecting too much of yourself right now will just do more damage and hold back your recovery.

It's something you will never entirely recover from as it's an experience which will change your whole outlook on life, but you will be able to deal with it given time. Let your brain heal, just as you would a broken bone. A doctor can help if need be and keeping busy with work, hobbies and friends will help too.

Its possible that this will all end quite quickly but it's as well to be prepared for the long haul. I thought that I could never deal with the uncertainty, but I am, and you will too.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
            Why on earth would you want to do that to yourself? There are advantages and disadvantages to both NFA and a trial, but you cannot guarantee the verdict. Just, no!

Unfortunately we don't have a 'no crime' conclusion in this country, but NFA is the nearest you will get to it. You are innocent in the eyes of the law, with both NFA and not guilty, but there will always be those who say that there just wasn't enough evidence to convict. With NFA there was not even enough evidence to take the matter to trial.

Don't ask them to say that there was, or give a jury to bring in the wrong verdict.

Edited to add - the police won't let you record your interview in addition to their own recording. Having a solicitor with you is your opportunity to have extra ears. Agonising over your answers and responses won't help you in the long run anyway.
            That is actually not true Frantic, there is indeed a mechanism for the police to "no crime" things and this was used much more aggressively in the past. It has now been made MUCH more difficult for the police to do this and so they do not bother. The theory being that the police were no criming things to massage the crime statistics. Now senior officers have to make presentations to a panel to get something no crimed and no senior officer in their right mind will do it.

This is in fact a source of angst to me, since I have been falsely accused 3 times of sexual assault by the same person I have to try and get these "no-crimed" or a prosecution for the false accuser for PCJ (WPT has of course timed out).

One of the things that forum members must do (in my view) if they can is to try and get more convictions / no crimes since false accusations are statistically invisible.

I know that I am in for a fight and I will update the forums as news arrives, though it is worth bearing in mind that my case is more black and white than most (because there is no question of consent).

Comment

Originally posted by experience3 View Post
              ..............The theory being that the police were no criming things to massage the crime statistics. Now senior officers have to make presentations to a panel to get something no crimed and no senior officer in their right mind will do it.

Not sure where you got that from. No-Crimes are happening all the time and I've not heard of them having to be put before a panel or that senior officers have to be involved.

A case I recently reviewed for appeal was No-Crimed but then was resurrected. No-Crime no longer means "no crime". Because they can be resurrected they are basically no different to NFA nowadays.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Interesting you disagree RF but I deffo read it. I will see if I can find it again.

Comment

Well it sounds that "No Crime" is a no go. I WANT to go to court because I want the words "NOT GUILTY" on my file. I am so strongly looking into suing my accuser after the case. I don't think she has any money but I want to make an example of someone who is a FA.

Comment

Apologies, but I was talking about verdicts from a jury. So far as I was aware, the only options for a jury were 'guilty' or 'not guilty'.

Our recent experience in a Scottish court was that the Sheriff, prosecution and defence agreed that no crime had been committed, but this was before the case was called. The end result is that 'no crime' for my man isn't an official judgement, the case simply didn't get called and everything remains in limbo with no decision, no paperwork, no nothing. It's not satisfactory to say the least.
                    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
                      Well it sounds that "No Crime" is a no go. I WANT to go to court because I want the words "NOT GUILTY" on my file. I am so strongly looking into suing my accuser after the case. I don't think she has any money but I want to make an example of someone who is a FA.
                      I think you'll find that the cost of doing that will be prohibitive for you. Unless she admits to lying and is prosecuted for wasting police time or some-such, there's little anyone can do about this epidemic at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                        I think you'll find that the cost of doing that will be prohibitive for you. Unless she admits to lying and is prosecuted for wasting police time or some-such, there's little anyone can do about this epidemic at the moment.
                        I shall do the paper work and represent myself. FA should not be allowed to walk away.

Comment

Your reaction is extremely common but as FWW mentions, it will be difficult. I know of only one member who was successful in a prosecution and money wasn't an issue for him.

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...pe-allegations
                          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Is it unusual to want to be charged? I am sitting here lost everyday and waiting for the post to see if I get a NFA letter but I also wish they would come an arrest me again to take to the station and charge me. I know I have evidence to prove I am innocent and if I was charged then I know the end would be getting closer. This is just torture and I know that even when it is all over there is no recompense for all my suffering.

Comment

For God's sake do not give the police evidence that might help your case without serious legal advice. Often they will "lose" it or pretend you never gave it to them in the first place.

If it is something that differs with the complaint's account she will be asked about it and she will then change her version of events to fit.

Please be VERY careful.
                              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                                Your reaction is extremely common but as FWW mentions, it will be difficult. I know of only one member who was successful in a prosecution and money wasn't an issue for him.

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...pe-allegations
                                That link is most excellent, as I have been thinking of taking that route myself eventually. A family member has offered to fund it though I am still reluctant as it is such a vast amount of money.

Like a lot of people I dream of winning the Euromillions, but whilst most people dream of their new Yachts, Ferraris and Country Estates I dream of having a full time team of Lawyers, progressing these claims on behalf of the wrongfully accused.

I think over and above that there is even more that can be done actually. People often get confused between the "law" and the "guidance", and it is often the guidance that causes so many problems rather than the law itself.

So for example if I understand it correctly, the Law states that crimes should be investigated fairly (ie quickly, properly and in-the-round), it is in fact the guidance that states "complainants have to be believed". I think this is legally challengable. The Police THINK that following the guidance gives them protection, and it does but only in so much as because they have followed the guidance they would not lose their job. However, that is not the same as acting lawfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X