Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Police Policy of automatically believing rape victims be ending?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could Police Policy of automatically believing rape victims be ending?

Hi.

The following BBC article reports 300 policemen have used their position of authority to sexual exploit victims -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38240524

Could this be away of the Police saying they do not want anymore rapes cases?

I have calculated in England and Wales in 2015 that a rape was reported every 15 seconds based on 34,500 reported rapes.

This must be surely overwhelming the Police and costing the tax payer a fortune.

However, only 1 in 30 reported rapes ended in a criminal conviction.

It is also the case that in Surrey the CPS lost more rape cases then it won.

This makes the CPS a persecution and not prosecution service.

Unhappy

Originally posted by Unhappy View Post
    Hi.

The following BBC article reports 300 policemen have used their position of authority to sexual exploit victims -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38240524

Could this be away of the Police saying they do not want anymore rapes cases?

I have calculated in England and Wales in 2015 that a rape was reported every 15 seconds based on 34,500 reported rapes.

This must be surely overwhelming the Police and costing the tax payer a fortune.

However, only 1 in 30 reported rapes ended in a criminal conviction.

It is also the case that in Surrey the CPS lost more rape cases then it won.
    unhappy.

This makes the CPS a persecution and not prosecution service.

Unhappy
    I hope the tide is starting to turn,
    Particularly with historical cases.

For it seems to me that it is the" Jeremy Kyles" of this world that are jumping on the "band wagon", for their "lump sum pay outs", and it is the CPS that is starting to look very silly in all this.

As like the insurance fraud "whip lash claimants" these "historic sexual abuse claimants"seem to be the latest initiative, for these people know that they will be taken seriously, unfortunately leaving the most vulnerable victims out !.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post
      I hope the tide is starting to turn,
      Particularly with historical cases.

For it seems to me that it is the" Jeremy Kyles" of this world that are jumping on the "band wagon", for their "lump sum pay outs", and it is the CPS that is starting to look very silly in all this.

As like the insurance fraud "whip lash claimants" these "historic sexual abuse claimants"seem to be the latest initiative, for these people know that they will be taken seriously, unfortunately leaving the most vulnerable victims out !.
      However this article that you posted Unhappy is about sexual exploitation within the police force, I cannot see where their attitudes are changing regarding their automatic belief on rape cases!(perhaps I have missed read the article???)

Comment

Working...
      X