Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scared and suicidal - Somebody help (FA sexual assault)

In a bid to lighten the tone, but not make light of the situation my ex-wife, the FA, looked at me like filth. So do not take it to heart.

The Police do get it wrong - as the Police Community Liaison resource found out in Bristol this week, he was Tasered by the the local constabulary....

So expect the worst & plan for it. You will then be well prepared for the surprises along the route. Not all of them will be nasty.

You are not alone.

Mr B

Thank you MrB
    I was having a rather bad day and I too felt that I was being more negative than necessary!
    The tone needs to be lightened!!
    There is every chance that this will all be dropped and then you can move on with your life.
    You must be prepared to fight through it though.
    It's not easy but be strong and you WILL get through it.
    You must be strong and take whatever happens.
    You won't feel strong all the time and that's fine.
    But take the rough with the smooth and know there is a future after these things and it will be whatever you make it.
    Sending strength to help you through.
    Big big hugs
    YoH

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sorry too that you were treated so poorly. There does seem to be the thinking in the police force - and the general population- that anyone accused is guilty and anyone charged is REALLY guilty.

That said, there are exceptions and I have to say that when my man went back to the police station with permission to have his bail conditions altered, he was treated with nothing but courtesy and respect, and called 'Sir' or 'Mr .... ' throughout, from the officer at reception, to the Custody Sergeant. In a way, it makes the rude behaviour all the more reprehensible and unnecessary, but my point is that any further contact with the police may be different. They are not all horrible.

Don't forget too, that this is your chance for the accuser to be challenged. There are pros and cons to both NFA and charge. We don't get a choice, but you and a good legal team can take this opportunity to metaphorically take the case by the scruff of the neck, give it a good shake and make all the lies fall out. Not all charges get to trial, but if they do, be fully prepared and there is a good chance that a jury will see things for what they really are.

Default Hearing tomorrow

Hi again everybody

Just an update: I have my hearing at the Magistrates tomorrow! I believe it's where I plead guilty or not guilty (will be pleading NG obviously)

Can anybody tell me what happens tomorrow and what I should expect, also what happens after this? I have heard something about crown court in 18 days....?

Quote Originally Posted by Fusiondoe View Post
    Hi again everybody

Just an update: I have my hearing at the Magistrates tomorrow! I believe it's where I plead guilty or not guilty (will be pleading NG obviously)

Can anybody tell me what happens tomorrow and what I should expect, also what happens after this? I have heard something about crown court in 18 days....?
    Hi,

Tomorrow you can expect a lot of waiting around before you are called. You should hopefully find your Sol and have time for a chat before you go into the courtroom. It will take no more than 10 minutes. It's known as a mode of trial hearing at the magistrates if I remember right and you will just have to confirm your name and you may enter a plea, you may not. For serious offences (indictable only) you are not allowed to enter a plea at this stage.

There will be up to 3 magistrates and they will hear the charges, look at the sentencing guidelines and decide whether or not it needs to be heard in crown court and give you a date to reappear. This will be within 2-3 weeks generally. You should be rebailed on the same conditions as the police bail and be free to go and get your suit ready for the plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH) at the crown court.

There may be a journalist from the local rag in the courtroom. You will empty your pockets, pass through metal detectors and have handbags searched each time you go in to the building so leave your swiss army knife at home or it will be confiscated. Depending on the court, taking some change for vending machines is a good idea. Don't forget change for the car park.

The magistrates court will be full of local riff raff so watch your valuables. Take a newspaper or something. I was there 3 hours before I was called.

Good luck