Trial starts a week on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by terrifieddad View Post
    I now know that prosecution counsel was called to the Bar in 1975 and has won many rape cases on both sides of the courtroom. Whereas my barrister was called in 1993 and doesn't appear to have had much success in such cases as defence counsel. I really believe I don't have a chance now
    So your barrister has 23 years of experience. That's a long time. They don't all post up a list of their notable cases. Hold on in there
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

We will be thinking on you.

Focus your good energy in the verdict and give your side as natural and short and clear as you can.

GOOD LUCK

Comment

Another point to ponder - how you felt when meeting the man is much more important than anything you read on the web.

As RightsFighter says, they don't all post things publicly. Some of them are too busy winning cases.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

The nerves are starting to get to me. I'm a born pessimist so always see the worst before I arrive at a more balanced view. I'm aware that looking like I've lost is a sure fire way to alienate the jury. By the same token, so is Overconfidence which could be seen as arrogance. I'm sure on the day I will be much more measured than that.

What worries me most is my own experience of pride always coming before a fall. Maybe against my better judgment but I have fallen for someone and I'm scared that they will get hurt.
          "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

But that's the important bit - that you reached a balanced view.

As for falling for someone- that's lovely. These things happen when they happen. She knows what's going on so trust her to look after her own well-being. You don't have to do it all!
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

In which COUNTY is the trial? Just wondering whether any members could attend to support.

Comment

The trial will be in Merseyside
                "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

Too far for me - hopefully somebody will be able to attend. A friendly face can make all the difference

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                    But that's the important bit - that you reached a balanced view.

As for falling for someone- that's lovely. These things happen when they happen. She knows what's going on so trust her to look after her own well-being. You don't have to do it all!
                    True enough but I will still feel much worse in prison than if I hadn't started a relationship. That guilt will eat me up. And this new relationship is not with a lady. Not that it matters one way or the other, though that is another worry when it comes to the trial.

Comment

Good luck, unfortunately i'm the other end of the country but will be thinking of you :-)

Comment

Originally posted by terrifieddad View Post
                        And this new relationship is not with a lady. Not that it matters one way or the other, though that is another worry when it comes to the trial.
                        I was surprised to note that you've been a member for nearly a year so this new relationship won't be a motive for your wife's accusation against you.

However, putting myself in amongst the jury, if I became aware of this new relationship I would wonder if your wife previously had suspicions and the accusation was an act of revenge against perceived infidelity?
                        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Indeed my infidelity is (I believe) a major part of her reasoning. However it is something freely admitted by both parties, though not, I might add, admitted by the prosecution as motive. That act of infidelity took place 11 months before the last alleged rape.

Comment

The prosecution are not likely to highlight any reason for the accusation to be false! However it would be worth discussing with your barrister as to the wisdom of divulging this motive during his cross-examination of her....it really depends on the composition of the jury.
                            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

That information is all in her ABE interview which will be her evidence in chief under special measures. The judge would probably overrule such cross-examination. She is not on trial. I believe my barrister will confine his cross-examination of her to the specific counts themselves. My sexuality will be revealed no matter what though. A homophobic jury will not be sympathetic to me

Comment

Thinking of you today, hon.

Hold on in there

Comment

Working...
                                X