No announcement yet.

Trial starts a week on Monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the avoidance of doubt, my trial starts next Monday. But I do appreciate the sentiment. It is looking like a strong possibility that my mum won't be able to make it to the trial due to her health. Does anyone know how much a lack of support for the defendant can influence the jury?
    "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

TerrifiedDad, I've been following your posts for a few weeks now in the lead up to your trial and I must say I'm impressed by your positive outlook and attitude towards it. I think in the weeks preceding my trial I will be a quivering mess and smoking 60 benson and hedges per day, quite inspirational.

I had earmarked the date 12th December from your earlier posts and hoped to be able to attend a day or so. Mainly to give myself some expirence of what to expect when my time arrives.

Comment

Just to wish you well with your impending trial. It will not be eay but hold your head up high. Remember the FA has not been doubted or questioned yet so the trial as much as it is fearful is your chance to tell the truth. i do believe the truth will out. I think it is importnat to be positive. You will have done everything you can, ne sure your barrister has every detail no matter how minor you may think it is. Even during trial if anything springs to mind whilst you watch case unfold be sure to mention it to solicitor/barrister as OH barrister said 'the devil is in The detail'. Wishing you well stay strong

Comment

Hello

Just popped on to say good luck. Trial here is looming large in new year so I understand your fears. Trying to second guess the jury and analyse the Barristers previous success or failure will drive you mad these next few days. I'm sure your Solicitor has chosen this Barrister for a very good reason. I'd try to rest as much as you can these next few days so you're ready for Monday.

Best of luck x

Comment

How's it going TD? Hope you are ok
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thanks RF. I'm OK, apart from the nerves of course. I have pretty much done all I can now; nasty bag packed, friends' contact details collated, etc. All that's left to do is go through all the evidence again to see if there is anything I have missed and then wait. Not long to go now. This time next week it could all be over and done with.
              "You are not obliged to say anything but it WILL harm your defence if you DO mention something that might help you in court. Anything you say will be put to the complainant so they can change their story."

Comment

My son only had his girlfriend in court with him until near the end of the trial as me and his dad might be called as witnesses. He got his unanimous not guilty verdict in less than an hour. I don't think there were many people in court apart from a press reporter and the legal teams.

Hope all goes well for you. Son certainly found the first day difficult but once the defence barrister began poking holes in the prosecution it became easier.

Hope you manage to sleep and eat well in the coming days and that the truth is exposed.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your support. Mr B has kindly agreed to keep the forum updated if I am unable to do so for whatever reason. I expect those updates to begin on day 2 of the trial (Tuesday). The trial is expected to last 3-4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by terrifieddad View Post
                    Thanks everyone for your support. Mr B has kindly agreed to keep the forum updated if I am unable to do so for whatever reason. I expect those updates to begin on day 2 of the trial (Tuesday). The trial is expected to last 3-4 days.
                    on day one of your trial, ask you barrister to sumbit ' no case to answer', if there is no evidence present against you insteaad just words.

if the judge still want the trail to run then once prosecution rest their case, ask your barrister to submit another addmission that there is no case to answer.., if again there isnt any hard evidence against you.

read your defence statement over and over again. if your police statement, read them and whatever you told police, prosecution might try to use it against you so ask your barrister that whatever you told police in the interview, please submist as addmission. By doin this, prosecution will not rely on that evidence and wouldn't use it against you because you already told police in the interviews.

in trial, please stick with your police statements, dont completely change anything because prosecution love it when in cross examination, defendant say something different then their police interview. you need to come up a honest person.

Comment

Thanks RP. The only evidence against me is her ABE interview, a witness (someone she told about the alleged rapes immediately before reporting to the police, medical evidence that proves nothing and the examination took place around 24 hours after the initial complaint was made, and mobile phone evidence that is hardly evidence at all as it isn't what the police led the cps to believe it was. It does however demonstrate that rape roleplay was a part of our sex life - something admitted by both sides.

Comment

Thanks RP. The only evidence against me is her ABE interview, a witness (someone she told about the alleged rapes immediately before reporting to the police, medical evidence that proves nothing and the examination took place around 24 hours after the initial complaint was made, and mobile phone evidence that is hardly evidence at all as it isn't what the police led the cps to believe it was. It does however demonstrate that rape roleplay was a part of our sex life - something admitted by both sides.
                        Gather evidence (messages etc) of roleplay. questions will be asked how often you used to it and when did it start etc. Be prepared for lengthy questions from prosecution. Like i said in my above post, try to put all the evidence in admission so prosection won't use and reply on that evidence.

Where there is no evidence which can proof she is lieing, makes it little different because you can't challenge the evidence. these mostly happen in sex cases. try to think, why would she lie and make all that up.

tell your barrister to ask any kind of questions including her previous sex life etc. dont leave any stone unturned. sometime, complainant who is lieing collapsed and make mistakes.

if you know any things which can help you, share with your barrister.

Comment

I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is likely that during breaks in proceedings I would be held in the holding cells.

Comment

I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is likely that during breaks in proceedings I would be held in the holding cells.
                            you have got a bail at the moment so more likely, judge will continue this during your trail proceedings.

Comment

Thanks it's just that I get paid on Monday and in order to get hold of it I will need to make a phone call during office hours

Comment

Good luck in your trial next week!
                                Try and look at the trial as a means to an end!
                                Hopefully you will get the correct decision, and you can try and move on with your life!
                                Keep us posted x

Comment

Working...
                                X