I am confused.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am confused.

Hello everybody,I came accross this beautiful site today and I hope I will get an answer to my issues.
    I came into the country with a spouse visa,but my husband was constantly beating me and always threatening to curtail my visa if I speak out. He will beat me in the house and even outside in our family friends house. Our family friend was scared because I said I will call the police,she started pleading that I should not,as she will be in trouble because it happened in her house,so I let go. One day,he hit me so bad in the night and I almost lost my vision,I had to run to the police station (and the hospital where my swollen face was treated )because he had seized my phone when I said I will call the police,he was given a restraining order and all his friends and family started pleading,after a while I decided to write to withdraw the case,when he came home,it became worse.
    On another occasion when he started hitting me,I said I was leaving the house,that I will call a refuge and also inform the police,he quickly ran out and called the police that I took his phone,the police got me arrested but gave me a refused charge I told them all that happened ,they arrested him and gave him another restriction order. The police lodged me in a hotel for days before a refuge came to pick me up. The refuge put me through on ddv concession,which was granted and legal aid for set dv ilr application. I sent in my application but the home office sent a mail that my PNC record says IMPENDING PROSECUTION,so they cannot make a decision. I went to the nearest police station where I was told my husband logged another complaint of criminal damage hence the impending prosecution I got. I am confused ,as the police did not contact me about this neither was I informed of anything after they gave me the refused charge notice. My heart is shattered right now as I don't know what to do. Please help me!

Welcome
    This is not something I am familiar with so cannot give any specific advice.
    However you should have a solicitor who is dealing with your DV ilr application?
    A solicitor can advise you.
    They will be able to find out which police area is dealing with the criminal damage allegation.
    Get in touch with your solicitor.

This forum is for Rape and False allegations of rape.
    DV is not really our specialty!!

Take care
    YoH

Comment

Thank you.

I understand,thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X