Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A worrying phone call...update on my so called liberation Scotland

Hi folks,

Just had the dreaded phonecall from the Police after being Liberated in March for 'insufficiency of evidence'.

It appears they have done further research and decided to go ahead and charge me.
    I am to hand myself into the Police station for the inevitable.

To say I am scared is an understatement, I have seen and heard of so many people being falsely accused and convicted with very little evidence let alone like myself where there is DNA evidence.

My solicitor has advised me and with the normal procedures in place I shall be in a cell overnight and at court in afternoon of next day to hear the charges and be bailed.

It has been the longest 8 months of my life, now I almost know where I stand and I will fight this with every penny and breath I have!

I just hope that the law see justice is served correctly and that an innocent man doesn't go down for something he categorically didnt do!

Wish me luck. 🙁

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Best of luck in court - we're rooting for you.

Comment

Stay strong and wishing you the best of luck .

Comment

Originally posted by Madison512 View Post
        Stay strong and wishing you the best of luck .
        Thank you very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Ploppy View Post
          I'm really sorry to hear this.

Best of luck in court - we're rooting for you.
          Thank you so much, I appreciate it

Comment

Bailed

An update now that I am a 'free' man once again.

So I handed myself in, to spend another night in the cells, attend court the very next day at 5pm!!!!!!!!!

Now I am on bail pending further investigations, with numerous conditions, all of which I have no intention of ever doing. Ie contact the FA/commit a crime.

It has been an anxious few days and I am now consulting a doctor as I have not been able to eat or sleep.

Questions I have:
            1) has anyone had to do an identity parade?
            2) what if the girl cannot identify me?
            3) would that go in her favour or mine?
            4)when DNA is involved, what further investigations can take place?
            5) Why is this happening to me?

I'm sure there will be more as time goes on, I will have to watch what I say on here from now on, but will still be upfront and give an honest account.

Again I am thankful to all of you who take the time to reply and support me in any small way.

Thank you.

Comment

Glad to hear that you're a free man again.

I can't help with most of your questions, I'm afraid, except the last one -

Because it can, basically. You can probably guess or work out why this particular person has accused you in particular, and that will probably help with your mental health if not your defence, but why is the accusation getting such serious consideration and going so far in your case?

Because, I believe, that we as a society, are terrified of not being seen to be tough on 'abuse' and as a result the authorities are demonising anything that, in a normal world would be seen as the usual rough and tumble of life. People may disagree, and please don't misunderstand, I'm against abusive behaviour as much as anyone, but when someone can walk into a police station, safe in the knowledge that a pack of lies will be believed as a matter of policy, and those lies can be used to ruin someone, alienate children, get 'better' treatment in terms of assets in the Family Court, there is something badly wrong with the system.

When women can accuse men of sexual assault and have them sent to prison on the basis of what is effectively the man not being psychic and him misreading her signals, there is something badly wrong with the system.

If women and girls can regret consensual sexual contact and turn on their consensual partner after the fact in order to explain away their own behaviour to parents or boyfriends, there is something badly wrong with the system.

There are many other scenarios, and when the police have effectively given up on investigating both sides of the accusation, there is something badly wrong with the system.

I read recently that 'statement only evidence' is accepted in historical cases now because otherwise there could be no prosecutions. The drive for prosecutions rather than providing a statute of limitations on historical accusations says to me that there is something wrong with the system.

The authorities are trying to police the last half century based on the changed sexual mores of today and that us one screwed up, mucked up way of going about things. In my view.

That's a very long winded way of saying try not to take it personally. This isn't happening to you because of anything you did. It's happening because the world has gone mad.
              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                Glad to hear that you're a free man again.

I can't help with most of your questions, I'm afraid, except the last one -

Because it can, basically. You can probably guess or work out why this particular person has accused you in particular, and that will probably help with your mental health if not your defence, but why is the accusation getting such serious consideration and going so far in your case?

Because, I believe, that we as a society, are terrified of not being seen to be tough on 'abuse' and as a result the authorities are demonising anything that, in a normal world would be seen as the usual rough and tumble of life. People may disagree, and please don't misunderstand, I'm against abusive behaviour as much as anyone, but when someone can walk into a police station, safe in the knowledge that a pack of lies will be believed as a matter of policy, and those lies can be used to ruin someone, alienate children, get 'better' treatment in terms of assets in the Family Court, there is something badly wrong with the system.

When women can accuse men of sexual assault and have them sent to prison on the basis of what is effectively the man not being psychic and him misreading her signals, there is something badly wrong with the system.

If women and girls can regret consensual sexual contact and turn on their consensual partner after the fact in order to explain away their own behaviour to parents or boyfriends, there is something badly wrong with the system.

There are many other scenarios, and when the police have effectively given up on investigating both sides of the accusation, there is something badly wrong with the system.

I read recently that 'statement only evidence' is accepted in historical cases now because otherwise there could be no prosecutions. The drive for prosecutions rather than providing a statute of limitations on historical accusations says to me that there is something wrong with the system.

The authorities are trying to police the last half century based on the changed sexual mores of today and that us one screwed up, mucked up way of going about things. In my view.

That's a very long winded way of saying try not to take it personally. This isn't happening to you because of anything you did. It's happening because the world has gone mad.
                Thank you.

I could not agree with you more. My solicitor has practicallt said the same thing.

It gives no hope to an innocent man.

There should be concrete rules as to what the accusation is.
                The one thing that absolutely baffled me and I just cannot believe it is true....an FA can CHANGE their statement at ANY time???!!! How can that be right?

Unfortunately for men, we live in an awful time at this moment.

Surely all these cases are stopping the REAL sexual offences from either surfacing or going through court!

Comment

I'm sure they are and you can read of cases that seem to be a foregone conclusion of guilt - the accused admits the offence - that still get dropped.

I used to worry for my daughters, but I'm now far more worried for my sons. It's terrible when women are genuinely abused but there's no recourse against lies coupled with no need for evidence. Men and boys are then the victims but no-one in authority seems to care.

Even the defence lawyers, when they know that an accusation is bunkum, fall back on the 'well, we can't prove it' foot and the false accuser walks off to accuse another day. 'Believe the accuser' should be 'take the accusation seriously and investigate both versions of events thoroughly'.
                  'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                    I'm sure they are and you can read of cases that seem to be a foregone conclusion of guilt - the accused admits the offence - that still get dropped.

I used to worry for my daughters, but I'm now far more worried for my sons. It's terrible when women are genuinely abused but there's no recourse against lies coupled with no need for evidence. Men and boys are then the victims but no-one in authority seems to care.

Even the defence lawyers, when they know that an accusation is bunkum, fall back on the 'well, we can't prove it' foot and the false accuser walks off to accuse another day. 'Believe the accuser' should be 'take the accusation seriously and investigate both versions of events thoroughly'.
                    "Take the accusation seriously" is how I though the law worked up till now, it just seems that in these types of cases common sense is forgotten and figures/statistics seem more important than actually getting an actual rapist off the streets or releasing an innocent man.

I understand that there is a need to protect the FA but at what cost?

If you lie in court it is Perjury nonetheless and so it should be for ANY crime.

I had no idea that those who admit guilt still get off....that is absurd!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X