Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie to forum... Neverending wait for bail date!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi rights fighter

We have spoken to a couple (thanks to this forum) and gone with Katrina Byrne of Nunn Rickard - the trial is likely to be in Hertfordshire but she has said this isn't a problem, she has recommended Clare Dowse barrister (London).

All through Legal Aid :-)

Comment

I've never seen Claire Dowse's work but I understand she is brilliant so a great choice!!
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

SS update

Hi guys

just a quick update to wish everyone a happy (as possible) Christmas and to say I will be thinking of you all and taking part in the Christmas Prayer.

Spoke to SS this week, although we will have to sign a new agreement re supervised contact with our Son hubby will not have to move out, first piece of 'good' news since this started!

There are already discrepancies within the charges sheet, that's before we receive the file so fingers crossed.

On a side note I thought I read a post about someone being sentenced to 11 years and being put 350 miles away from their home - I cannot find this thread now and was wondering how the family were doing.

xx

Comment

Thank you for the update and I'm so glad to hear your great news! I hope you have as wonderful a Christmas as is possible.

I'm not familiar with the person you are talking about I'm afraid. Not everyone updates here, but someone else may have spotted something and have news that I don't. Please feel free to pop back often.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi. I'm glad you have had some good news. They are the nuggets we have to hold onto.

I hope your husband is as ok as he can be. The shock of the charge takes a while to get over doesn't it.

Like you - we've noticed discrepancies between the charge sheet and (20 minute )! interview with husband. I'm sure there will be plenty more in the coming weeks and months.

It's frustrating waiting to see what she has actually said, but our mantra for now is to deal with what is in front of us. For now that is to spend time with our loved ones and have a special Christmas. Take care.

Comment

Hi - sorry to hear of the news that your husband has been charged. It is a shock when this is the decision. Prior to my partner being charged, it was at the back of my mind the case would be NFA'd.

However, as you will have already noticed on here....... many have been charged based upon one persons word against another.

SS seem to vary throughout the country in how they deal with cases and what degree of intervention they take. Luckily my partner was never forced to leave but was not allowed unsupervised contact with any children. This was heart breaking for us and although we constantly stuck to the agreement, it resulted in added pressure to an already difficult period. Our right to family life had been removed and we never got the impression that they really thought our children were at risk from harm. They were merely ticking their bureaucratic boxes.

You may now have to attend meetings with SS where other bodies/organisations will provide reports on your child's wellbeing. I'm sure you are well aware of this but SS will need to be sure that you are a protector for your child.

You will get through this traumatic period. Try to focus on good things in life, even though you may feel at times that it is all bad.

You seem to have chosen a good defence team. As you start to receive the 'evidence' from CPS (CPS drip feed it and try to avoid submitting the stuff that will assist the defence), you can start to build the case. It could reveal many flaws. Liars can very often trip themselves up.

This is your time to fight back and win.

Sending you strength to fight for the truth.

Comment

Magistrates

Thanks for the support guys :-)

Magistrates yesterday - what a complete waste of time that was - 400+ mile round trip, 8 hours in a car for 5 minutes!! Why they can't be done via video from police stations I do not know!!

One good thing was that Hubby's Barrister attended as she is local to there and the solicitor isn't (although they know each other well and work together often) and she said she has had a few cases against the prosecution representation and 'knows how they work'!

First Crown Court date is 17th January - Barrister thinks this is too soon as we have received the bare minimum from CPS so far and won't get anything until January now.

Anyway.... After work tonight I will enjoy a large glass and try to relax for 2 weeks before the real work begins. Hubby bearing up ok, keeps scribbling in his note pad.

Here's to a shed load of NG's in 2017 xxxx bug hugs all xx

Comment

Well done to you and your husband for getting through yesterday. It's ridiculous that there is a five minute hearing for it to be bounced up to the crown court.

I hope you enjoy your couple of glasses. I'm sorry I don't have much advice to offer - we're at pretty much the same stage as you. From what other people have said, this stage is where the fight back begins.

Take care, you're never far from our thoughts.

Comment

Thinking of you justanotherday and family.
                    Another seemingly ridiculous historic allegation. We are determined to celebrate Christmas as a family,my hubby is now rebailed till March.Welcome to PM me I know sometimes we are just lost for words to explain our situation,but its just reassuring to know people in similar boat xx.

Comment

First Crown Court date in 2 weeks

Hi Silver, thanks for your messge, apologies for the late reply - I haven't been on here over christmas. Hope you and yours, and you Jan11, had a good break.

Our first Crown date is just over 2 weeks away - anyone have any words of wisdom or experiences to share??

'Happy new year' to all - for some (including us) the hardest year so far! xxx

Comment

Originally posted by justanotherday View Post
                        Hi Silver, thanks for your messge, apologies for the late reply - I haven't been on here over christmas. Hope you and yours, and you Jan11, had a good break.

Our first Crown date is just over 2 weeks away - anyone have any words of wisdom or experiences to share??

'Happy new year' to all - for some (including us) the hardest year so far! xxx
                        No words of wistom but of support. Thoughts are with you both. Which CC is it? I wonder if anyone could pop along to support if local.

Comment

Thanks Squonk, its Cambridge CC. Our solicitor thinks the trial will be end of the summer so what happens at this hearing?

We will have a meeting with our solicitor next week as we have only just received the file, so im sure she will go throught what happens but its the fear of the unknown! xx

Comment

Sadly not my part of the country otherwise I wold have tried to visit. I don't know what happens at the hearing - Rights Fighter might be able to tell you? What an awful situation - I can only imagine (at this point anyway) how that must feel. Did they send the file of evidence to you or your solicitor out of interest?

Comment

Justanotherday,
                              So sorry your hubby has been referred to cc (had not read all posts)

It just seems so bizarre, how can they persecute from when he was five years old?
                              I think your barrister is right in perhaps delaying the hearing until there is more info from the cps,would be interesting to see what "evidence" if any???
                              We were informed that the FA's medical&school reports were going to be examined,over the years claimed in alleagation,some 30years ago.

The words of wisdom I have for you are based on my own interpretation of coping when tragedy strikes,

Basically I have learnt in life is that" nothing happens for a reason".
                              Its how you deal with what life throw's at you is the most important thing, and do not philosophize why me/us???because that will only cause resentment and you will never move on....

If the worse should happen(for me it would be like a bereavement should my husband be thrown into jail) prepare your own personal plan, how you will cope with childcare?? /financially.??With knowing how you might cope ,will help you to remain strong for your children.

Any way we were determined to enjoy Christmas and new year(it was freezing and raining here yesterday same today), had few drinks yesterday and watched some great tv entertainment thought Alan Carr's spectacular hilarious, then Robbie Williams new year eve from Westminster fantastic...just enjoying the good times, should anything happen.

Thinking of you all xx

Comment

Hello Justanotherday ,

Sorry to read your story but you seem to be in good hands with your legal team.

Your first Crown court date will be for a Plea and trial preparation hearing (PTPH) and for the defendant it is as much a formality as the mode of trial hearing at the magistrates.

Based on my own experiences;

You will stand in the dock, confirm your name and plead not guilty to each of the charges. You then sit down and the barristers and judge will timetable the trial which involves discussing evidence, number of witnesses and when each side will have their case ready for trial. The judge will decide on how long the trial should be depending on how complicated it is, set a date for the trial and also dates for disclosure of evidence. You can ask the dock officer for a hearing loop if you find it difficult to listen to what the lawyers are saying.

I was rebailed on the same conditions of my original police bail and then I was free to go. It didn't take too long at all. This was the first time I got to talk to my barrister so my advice is to go armed with questions and any evidence, timelines you may have collected or things you have thought of.

It's also a good opportunity to scout out the court building and find out if there is a canteen etc or if nipping off for lunch is feasible during the trial itself. (Lunch is generally an hour but may be longer if the judge wants to fit in a quick plea before resuming) ... If there are only vending machines you will want to take change and also change for the car park.

I hope this puts your mind at rest and allows you to focus on your defence.

Peter (NOT GUILTY!)
                                For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
                                https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Working...
                                X