Need advice on a past rape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on a past rape

Hi all I'm mini moo and I was raped just over 5 years ago and I informed the police and went as far as CPS,the cps told the officer to tell me that they dropped it as lack of evidence and he said she said. My question is could I walk into police station and reopen it? I have been up and down since then I shoved it to the back of my mind but memories (had a child a few years after) now keep coming back :/ I don't know what to do apart from ring cps having no luck with them ringing back if anyone can help or give me a shove in the right direction I would be Greatful x

there is nothing stopping you from going back to the police to inform them if there is anything new that has come to light.

It is likely they will still refer to the old file and decisions, but if you feel the need to resurrect the case, then you can do so.

good luck, hope you get the result you need.
    Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
    Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      there is nothing stopping you from going back to the police to inform them if there is anything new that has come to light.

It is likely they will still refer to the old file and decisions, but if you feel the need to resurrect the case, then you can do so.

good luck, hope you get the result you need.
      Hi I've rung the police and sadly got no where apart from fresh new evidence which wil be hard to come by and now waiting for the polices counsellor to get back to me I've tried that on 2 0ther occasions and that didn't work. I just feel like giving up,feel like police believe him more than me :/

Comment

It's definitely not that they believe him more than you.
        The system is very complex and they can't just believe either party at this stage.
        If the police are unwilling to help you by reopening the case then for now that's a dead end.
        Things may change in the future, for example if he gets on the police radar again for a similar crime.
        But that may never happen so in the meantime you need help.
        You can try this:
        http://rapecrisis.org.uk/centres.php

Or visit your GP and get referred to someone you can talk it through with.
        You must talk about it with a professional, then you might just be able to put it behind you.

Wishing you the best of luck.
        YoH

Comment

Working...
        X