Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxford abduction "did not take place"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-37948543

Obviously we don't know all the details yet.

As soon as this was reported I would have bet my life it was a FA. This is not a surprise.

Let's hope the momentum of the MPS report and this in the same week will kick start some real change.

The language the police and press use still irks me and it's something that is addressed in the MPS report. This girl has committed a serious criminal offence and let's hope she is dealt with proportionately.

Still includes the "V" word despite the abduction not taking place. Strange that they are wasting police time "investigating" the alleged rape though.....

If the abduction isn't true then why believe the rape is?
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

And yet some people insist that children do not lie at all and that women and girls do not lie about sexual matters.

That's nonsensical, but I would like to ask anyone who believes that - when does the lying gene switch on? Because there are plenty of us with experience of children who lie, and we all know that adults lie about all sorts of things.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        Still includes the "V" word despite the abduction not taking place. Strange that they are wasting police time "investigating" the alleged rape though.....

If the abduction isn't true then why believe the rape is?
        I'm assuming that it's because the complainant was only 14.
        If sexual contact was made with her she wasn't old enough to give legal consent.
        In that case its statutory rape.
        YoH

Comment

There was a report on the TV last night and the reporter didn't use the 'v' word once. He referred to the girl as a child and when he quoted the police he still referred to her as a child.

I was impressed but I can't remember which channel it was.
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by YearsOfHell View Post
            If sexual contact was made with her she wasn't old enough to give legal consent.
            YoH
            I'm wondering if she skipped school to be with a boyfriend and has concocted this story to explain away their behaviour, not realising that if he's of similar age to her, prosecution is unlikely - or she's dealing with angry parents.

Who knows? I probably shouldn't speculate.

Comment

Originally posted by YearsOfHell View Post
              YoH
              My point is this, the police know the abduction did not take place, therefore this must have been a lie as opposed to a "mistake".

If that was a lie then anything else she claims to have occurred in that particular incident should be taken with a large ton of salt..... unless she had sex with a boyfriend and was scared she would become pregnant. Still lie telling though......

All this is speculation at the moment......
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Agreed. Let's hope it is being.

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  My point is this, the police know the abduction did not take place, therefore this must have been a lie as opposed to a "mistake".

If that was a lie then anything else she claims to have occurred in that particular incident should be taken with a large ton of salt..... unless she had sex with a boyfriend and was scared she would become pregnant. Still lie telling though......

All this is speculation at the moment......
                  Yes it's just speculation.
                  I suppose we hope that the police are going to investigate properly and sometimes they do.
                  But you're absolutely right, once a lie has been proven then it should put doubt on everything else the complainant claims to have happened.
                  YoH

Comment

Working...
                  X