my story help pleasse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Witness comes forward after case ends?

Today received a telephone call from a neighbour with some information that could have helped my case so please advise me if anything .

The prosecution witness under oath said that we did not give her a lift in our car to the church that morning. She said she walked with her 5 children in the pouring rain. Meaning we were not nice people?
    Our neighbour who lives opposite our road knocked on my door this morning to say she remembered the next door neighbour knocking our door at 8:45am and asking for a lift in our car. We obliged and she saw here and her children get into our car. This now prooves that we did give her a lift in our car because it was raining. She lied... alll of it

Like i said this woman next door is a nightmare from hell how the jury came up beliveing her i dont know .........so ok we found proof of one instant that this woman did lie can i do anything please help.

Ron
    Last edited by ronuk99; 6 May 2017, 09:10 PM. Reason: mistakes to change

Comment

Tell your solicitor about this and ask for their advice on appealing the conviction.

This is not going to help at the moment, if at all I'm afraid.I wouldn't want to give you false hope. Evidence that was available at trial is generally not accepted by court of appeal and this could have been available. However, as she was allowed to change her story in the witness box, if she just made this up on the spot it could be a valid reason for it not being used at trial.

RF is the expert on appeals and may be able to shed more light on this for you.

I would concentrate on getting some character references for sentencing for now.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
        Tell your solicitor about this and ask for their advice on appealing the conviction.

This is not going to help at the moment, if at all I'm afraid.I wouldn't want to give you false hope. Evidence that was available at trial is generally not accepted by court of appeal and this could have been available. However, as she was allowed to change her story in the witness box, if she just made this up on the spot it could be a valid reason for it not being used at trial.

RF is the expert on appeals and may be able to shed more light on this for you.

I would concentrate on getting some character references for sentencing for now.
        yES i am going to appeal . I am also refusing to sign any sex offenders register as im innocent of this. Im not going to sign anything to state that im accepting this Guilty verdict. i will never ever give up . They cannot send me to prison as they know im due operation in July and have many health problems thats why my wife is my carer and im sure prison would not be a good idea . thanks for any advice or help here.

Comment

One would hope that as the offenses are at the lower end of the scale you will not get a custodial sentence but you must take a bag of belongings with you just in case.

This thread gives an idea of what to put in it:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ing-for-prison

You must stay strong and there is nothing wrong with protesting your innocence but you cannot refuse to sign the register and at the time you are required to do so, not signing it is a serious offense in itself.

I wish you luck.
          For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
          https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

The prosecution witness under oath said that we did not give her a lift in our car to the church that morning. She said she walked with her 5 children in the pouring rain. Meaning we were not nice people?

Our neighbour who lives opposite our road knocked on my door this morning to say she remembered the next door neighbour knocking our door at 8:45am and asking for a lift in our car. We obliged and she saw here and her children get into our car. This now prooves that we did give her a lift in our car because it was raining. She lied... alll of it

How does this disprove the allegations?
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Peter1975 View Post
              One would hope that as the offenses are at the lower end of the scale you will not get a custodial sentence but you must take a bag of belongings with you just in case.

This thread gives an idea of what to put in it:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...ing-for-prison

You must stay strong and there is nothing wrong with protesting your innocence but you cannot refuse to sign the register and at the time you are required to do so, not signing it is a serious offense in itself.

I wish you luck.

what i said about giving her a lift prooves under oath in the 1st instance that she is lying. The rest we are still working on.
              I know this sounds stupid of me but when i was 1st arrest and placed in a cell overnight. my PTSD really kicked in terribly. By morning i had torn all my cloths off and was naked. If they do jail me down in the crown court i will do exactly the same through my anger . if it means leaving naked then i will do that .

No i wont sign the register as im admitting that im guilty. Im also a christian and admitting guilt would only make me a liar

Comment

If the "fresh evidence" does not relate to the allegations themselves then the CA will not accept it. Inconsistent evidence that was put at trial and disregarded by the jury is also not admissible. Please don't waste your time going through a list of discrepancies the jury heard. It would be awful for you to work hard on a list of inconsistencies that the jury heard only for it to be rejected later.

Fresh evidence has to be evidence that goes to the heart of the allegations that was no available before the trial.

With regards to the SOR: it's not an admission of guilt to sign it. It's something you have to do. If you don't you could get yourself into a lot of bother and end up back in court.
                Last edited by Rights Fighter; 7 May 2017, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Pain:it never ends

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                  If the "fresh evidence" does not relate to the allegations themselves then the CA will not accept it. Inconsistent evidence that was put at trial and disregarded by the jury is also not admissible. Please don't waste your time going through a list of discrepancies the jury heard. It would be awful for you to work hard on a list of inconsistencies that the jury heard only for it to be rejected later.

Fresh evidence has to be evidence that goes to the heart of the allegations that was no available before the trial.

With regards to the SOR: it's not an admission of guilt to sign it. It's something you have to do. If you don't you could get yourself into a lot of bother and end up back in court.

Today i went down to police station and signed the SOR . The man dealing with it talked to me so bad ....made me feel as if im **** in is eyes. i was upset and told him so.

Sadly i suffer terrible PTSD that i suufered terrible child abuse by my father. at 16 befriended by someone i thought i could trust was a pedo. he abused me too but eventually CID caught up with him . Joined the army to get away from the abuse but got worse . was unable to shower with other soldiers even use the toilet. Sadly I had no friends and so i suffered and suffered all my life to end up like this ....accused of something i never did......im a christian so how do i forgive this person for putting me through this.

Today Combat Stress called me they help veterans like me....especially after serving 6 tours northern Ireland .... still gives me nightmares. I feel my life as been stolen from me and yesterday i really wanted to die but i have a wife now and 2 beautiful children . Im 67 and have a boy aged 5 and 10..........wow u say. Anyway Combat stress want to admit me for therapy on June 10th for 3 weeks in LONDON. Im due operation on my heart in june 29th and other medical problems.

I thought my tears would have stopped by now but every day i cry for the lifetime of abuse ............i am sad and today i still ask 'daddy why did u hurt me so much'

I know if i go to prison i will go to peices like i did when i was arrested . i sat there in my cell Naked and very cold . I had ripped off alll my good cloths and i know because of my feelings i will do the same again. Even now im punishing myself thinking hard shall i end my life and seems every day it gets nearer and more painful for me to bear.....and yet i ask God to forgive me for somthing i never did and it never ends

Comment

You've a wife and 2 beautiful children. You deserve them. Please hang on to that thought and accept all the help you are offered.

You deserve every bit of it.

'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

update 16th may

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                      We don't actually know exactly why the jury came to their verdicts. We can only guess.

What does trial counsel say about the prospects of appealing the convictions?

Yes im deeply in shock with this verdict. This woman lied under oath . Even my barrister was shocked that every word she spoke was different to what she stated on her statement. To confuse things prosecution stated the lady failed to remember because of mental reasons.

Now im two weeks aways from possible sentence of 6 months upto 1 year for something i never did. I feel this woman has ruined my life . Ok today had to see my doctor because i suffer PTSD from serving 21 years in the Armed Forces. I also was sadly sexually abused as a child and in my adult hood .Due to this i do find it difficult to shower with other men. Swimming and even going into the gents toilets if another man is present. This as effected me all my life and every day. Today we spoke about this and seriously i really dont think i would cope with this in a prison. Oh my GOD this would be living it all again . There is no way i could possibly handle this . Suicide would be my only option .... So now i have shared part of my life with you. Something so horrific to me and now i dont know anymore.

Next i really dont know what my solictor is doing but the doctor as still not received any letter from my solictor so that a medical report can be put together for my probation report in 7 days. yet i already requested my solictor to send the letter 2 months ago and reminded him constantly and still no letter to my doctor.

Time is really running out and im praying .......................................

Comment

As I mentioned in my post #2 in this thread, if you only touched her breast over her clothing, even if she later withdrew consent, it is not inevitable that the judge will impose a custodial sentence but if the worst happens just hope that prison life will turn out to be similar to your previous army life except that you probably won't get shot at! (I've not experienced either so can't really say)

What you can do about the solicitor's dilatoriness I've no idea except to keep nagging him.
                        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

If you're not getting any response from your solicitor, call the firm and ask to speak to a managing partner. Hopefully, someone more senior will get some action for you.

It's like any other firm and customer service issue - if at first you don't succeed, go higher.
                          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I was just about to say that FWW, when I got the emailed notification!

Something you can do is to ask friends / supporters who have known you a long time, and who are aware of the PTSD emanating from your time in the forces, to write letters pleading for leniency.

They should NOT protest your innocence as that would disrespect the verdict of the jury. They can however, say something along the lines of “I was shocked when I heard that Mr X had been found guilty, given what I know about the case, but I do respect the verdict of the jury”.

The letters should not be overly long or complaining /whinging. They should be written properly, not on a scrap of paper and should have the writers’ names and addresses on (they won’t be contacted but it shows that care was taken over the writing of the pleas for leniency)

Do NOT go into details about any child abuse suffered. Probation would have a field day with that as they rely on that as a reason why the alleged sexual / indecent assault was committed. They tend to believe that around 40% (or thereabouts) of sex offenders were sexually abused as children, completely forgetting that that means 60% were not.....

Do not mention “he was great around my daughter / wife / sister /aunty with no complaints” etc etc. because the judge will not take that into consideration. He can’t.

A template for friends to follow could be, for instance:

Dear Judge X or Dear Your Honour

I am writing this letter in support of Mr X and to ask Your Honour to consider a non-custodial term.

I have known Mr X for Y number of years. He is a good man and has worked hard all his life (if applicable). I have always found him to be respectful (if true) around my family members / friends (whichever) and have never seen him behave in such a manner as to cause me concern. He is a helpful person who will go out of his way to help somebody who is in need (if true). Then outline one or two outstanding instances that stick out in your memory (not a long list).

I was shocked when I heard that Mr X had been found guilty, given what I know about Mr X as a person, and the case, but I do respect the verdict of the jury

I am aware that he suffers from PTSD due to his time in the forces while serving his country. I am also aware of the fact that he had a traumatic childhood and because of that he finds it difficult to sleep with / undress in front of other people. To go to prison, I believe, would cause serious mental / emotional harm to him.

I therefore plead with Your Honour to be lenient in sentencing Mr X.

Yours faithfully

[NAME].

Make sure that the wording in each letter is different otherwise it will look as though you are telling them what to say.

The above template is only a general guide and should not be used if any part of it is untrue, in this case.
                            Last edited by Rights Fighter; 17 May 2017, 10:48 AM.

Comment

sentencing today

Thankyou for everyones support its now June 2nd 2017 and today i will be sentenced. Probation have already stated that a custodial would have a terrible effect on me due to sexual abuse as a child and suffering PTSD . There is lots of proof on this from my doctor and Combat Stress. It as been a terribe time and i remain inocent 100% . For me i am suffering everyday and thinking if the judge decides to send me to prison then i have to make a choice. A choice that i dont want to make but also find jail would have the most terribe effect on me .

If this is the decision of the judge then i am prepared for suicide by cianide pill that i will take quickly . ok it will be painful but over in 30 seconds . I pray that God will forgive me and that you will understand why . This is the only way for me as much as its painful to think about i dont see any other way . Thank you to everyone here for your support .

Comment

Whilst I can really understand how you feel I also think that you now are only thinking of yourself. You say how things that have happened to you in your life have affected you to this very day. For heavens sake do you not think that your own children won't be traumatised over the possible death of their father? The stigma of him not loving them enough to be there for him for as long as possible but not only being found guilty of a crime but also killing himself!
                                As a parent we are supposed to be there for our children. We should put ourselves second in certain circumstances. Why blight their lives by actions such as this? Show them that even in adversity you can stand strong and face whatever comes. At the end of the day your crime is nothing compared to the crime some here are facing, so therefore the sentence will be less.
                                I feel sorry for the position that you have found yourself in, but at this moment I feel more sorry for your wife and children. How hurtful for them these comments of yours must be. Prove to them all that you love them more than you love yourself! Live for them no matter what the decision is today!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X