Rebailed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ireallydidntdoit View Post
    Thanks for the reply finally got my rebail date for another 10 weeks that's a year at that point on bail and 5th rebail.....
    Re bail is always better than charge.
    They are probably busy with real cases with actual evidence and your file will be shelved for a bit longer.
    Keep your head above water in the meantime.
    Try and do things you enjoy.
    Try something new.
    Attempt to put it out of your mind for at least part of each and every day.
    You can do this!
    Don't beat yourself for the days that you can't do it, just take each day as a new chance.
    If you need help, there's no shame in getting some.
    Just do what's right for you! Number one priority!!!
    Stay positive
    YoH

Comment

Thanks YOH your replies have been appreciated

One question I wanted to ask I have my reasons can I be rebailed whilst the false accuser gets arrested and her phone seized? Or would I be released fully before they focus on her. Something wierd happened and I can only think she got arrested at the same time I'm on bail but I can't be sure so wanted to ask if it's at all possible this could happen?

Thanks for everything guys really appreciate it.

Comment

The real answer to this I think is "I don't know"
        But, as any investigation into the FA (even if it's in regards to your matter) would be considered legally to be a different case.
        Therefore they could arrest them at any point in order to interview them.
        YoH

Comment

Bail and conditions removed

So guys 15 months on I've just had an email from the OIC that bail and all conditions have been removed. I am no longer obligated to go to the station.

They have been waiting on the family court paper work which has taken a while and has statements of our injunctions against each other and said this is all that needs reviewing in the meantime the cps person has been tied up elsewhere but the OIC asked his supervisor and they removed bail and all conditions is this positive or could I still be charged???

I have a family issue (child contact)upcoming and they seem to be working to that date next week and have said we are aware of this and have decided to remove all bail conditions and you are no longer obligated to answer at the police station whilst this review is taken.

Any help or advise would be more than appreciated and views welcome please tell me this is a positive sign? Wouldn't they after 15 months say here's another bail date whilst they conduct this review or are they being of the mindset he's free we just need the rubber stamp???

Comment

With regard to now not having to answer bail, my usual semi-facetious response is that it would be now possible to emigrate to a country with which the UK doesn't have an extradition treaty without this course of action creating an offence in its own right!

The police are obviously well aware of this (i.e. I was threatened with having to remain in police custody unless I surrendered my passport) so I guess they are assuming your case is not likely to get to trial.

....on the other hand they may take the view that your family commitments will keep you close at hand....
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Don't even think about taking CH's joke even half seriously. I was recently approached by a guy who did a runner abroad many years ago, before his retrial. He is being extradited. No way am I going to help anybody who runs off. I would be astonished if any decent support groups would entertain such a person.
              People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                Don't even think about taking CH's joke even half seriously. I was recently approached by a guy who did a runner abroad many years ago, before his retrial. He is being extradited. No way am I going to help anybody who runs off. I would be astonished if any decent support groups would entertain such a person.
                I understand that lol but does me situation sound good positive or bad when bail and conditions are removed whilst awaiting final review

Comment

I understand that lol but does me situation sound good positive or bad when bail and conditions are removed whilst awaiting final review
                  My son is currently in the same position as you. It's now over 2 years since arrest, and after several re-bails, bail was withdrawn last month. The wording in the letter from his solicitor states; ....you have now been released under investigation under the new bail act rules..... It also states....the police could charge you by way of you receiving a postal charge; they could invite you to attend the police station to be charged; or they could re-arrest you at any time. They could take no further action against you or consider an alternative out of court disposal such as a caution.....

So sadly it means still sitting in limbo not knowing which way it might go.....you just don't have any bail conditions or a date to return. It's an absolute injustice. Obviously like you, we'd like to think it's a positive sign. But best not get your hopes too high. Sorry to disappoint, but with best intentions I just wanted to empathise. We are with you in this torment....

Comment

The new bail law was supposed to make things better but it seems to be making things very much worse. :-(
                    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Update

Hi guys

Thanks so much for helping me with this when many of you are in the same boat I really appreciate it and wish us all the best outcomes.

I just had an email back because I was supposed to get a decision today and was informed the following:

The detective inspector has reviewed it and it has been passed to another cps lawyer for a second review due to the seriousness and consequences of such allegations due to evidence supplied by all parties and they also want to make sure it is fairly reviewed with the right outcome.

This is following on from me being released from bail (after 15 months on it I'm now just under investigation) a couple days ago with no condtions after a year and half....

I don't know what to read into it any advice?

Only thing I ever read is if it was going to be thrown out it gets a second review to make sure it's the right decision but I only just keep trying to stay optimistic.

Again any thoughts or knowledge like always will be very appreciated

Thank you guys for everything

Comment

There seems to be a lot of us whose bail has been removed and are now just waiting to see what happens to them

I have seen two years like this from at least two posters , which when I think TWO YEARS I totally freak out, as I am hardly managing to hold it together and its 'only' been 9 months for me, not sure how I will handle another year or more of this nightmare.

Does anyone know if they have heard of a longer than two years case ,before a decision?

I'm like the poster hear , when I first got taken off of bail I felt it was a really positive move for me, but then I found out that its happening in every case to get around the new laws .

It's the not being able to DO anything , that makes it worse

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks so much for helping me with this when many of you are in the same boat I really appreciate it and wish us all the best outcomes.

I just had an email back because I was supposed to get a decision today and was informed the following:

The detective inspector has reviewed it and it has been passed to another cps lawyer for a second review due to the seriousness and consequences of such allegations due to evidence supplied by all parties and they also want to make sure it is fairly reviewed with the right outcome.

This is following on from me being released from bail (after 15 months on it I'm now just under investigation) a couple days ago with no condtions after a year and half....

I don't know what to read into it any advice?

Only thing I ever read is if it was going to be thrown out it gets a second review to make sure it's the right decision but I only just keep trying to stay optimistic.

Thank you guys for everything
                          I hear quite often that changes happen within days with these cases. Being rebailed doesn't mean that a decision can't come about within a sort time and well before the rebail date for instance.

As for 'a second decision to get it right' I think there's some sugar coating going on. All sexual crime cases are decided by the CPS, not the police, though the OIC can voice an opinion. The good thing is that it shouldn't be too long before you get a decision now.

Your solicitor may well have an idea how long the CPS take to reach a decision in your area.
                          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I was told some years ago that one CPS lawyer can approve a case for prosecution but it needs two to agree to discontinue one.
                            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
                              I was told some years ago that one CPS lawyer can approve a case for prosecution but it needs two to agree to discontinue one.
                              That's what I heard so my legs fingers toes arms tie shoe laces everything is crossed I can't believe what we go through because of spite and lies.

I want justice after this. My children suffered, my family too....

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X