Falsely Accused and Arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falsely Accused and Arrested

About three weeks ago I was phoned by the police and asked to attend a local station. I was out and about so arrived there within 15 minutes. At that point I was taken into an interview room and arrested on the charge of 1x"rape" and 4x"sexual" assault. They asked for my phone which I handed over with the passcode.

They finger printed me and took a DNA sample. I have never been in trouble with the police so I didn't have a solicitor on tap. The police called the duty solicitor but there was no reply. There however was a criminal solicitor just finishing with another client so the police asked him to advice me. Anyway I told him the facts of the case and then we went into the interview. I have watched many criminal documentaries and drama shows and I know the smart thing to do is to say nothing. So instead of the interview taking the 60 mins they stated it would take it only took 15, as every one of my answers was the same "no comment". One of the police officers said to me "this is your chance to get your side across" and I was so tempted to say "do I look stupid to you" but I didn't want to piss him off. After a short while in the cells I was bailed to attend my local station twice a week and to return again in November. My bail conditions include the stipulation that I stay away from the accuser and at least 0.5 miles from her home address. Standard conditions I suspect.

I am not guilty of any crime, I have never forced, bribed, threatened anyone to do anything in my life let alone have sex. I have never even had a sober or drunken one night stand. I know there will be no witnesses or dna evidence as there has been no crime. It will simply be my word against hers if it gets to court.

I understand why the law is designed the way it is. I am happy that it helps true victims of rape to come forward however I am not happy that I have to wait so long to see what happens.

This site has been very useful as I know from it that it can take some time for investigations and CPS decisions to be made. I am therefore not on tender hooks everyday. I rang the solicitor for the first time today to see if there is any update but no word back.

I am "precautionary suspended" from work on full pay while the case is ongoing. I keep myself active by going to the gym everyday, this is for a number of reason
    1) The natural endorphins cause by exercise which also improve mental health.
    2) It gets me up and out of the house.
    3) I am very obese and want to loose weight so I look better in a suit if I go to court.

I wish I could just speak to my accuser and ask her why she is doing this to me but I know I can't. She has mental health issues and a history of dishonesty but I still feel sorry for her that she feels she needs to make these accusations. However do not worry, if I end up in court I ill do what needs to be done to protect my future.

bob
Working...
X