lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost

Don’t know how I feel about a call today feel let down by the solicitor. I gave the solicitor proof that the accuser had been lying in both her statements, now I have been told today the police have been back and questioned her about this evidence and she has suddenly remembered and done a statement to say she couldn’t remember previously surely that has made it worse for me.

Keep strong

Hello,
    So sorry to read of the way you are feeling after the phone call but you must keep strong and keep going. My OH is going through this and he knows the way your head is, I only know the way I am feeling and I can not even imagin the anguish and terror you are feeling, please keep yourself strong you will get through this.

Grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I can not change
    The courage to change the things I can
    And the wisdom to know the difference .

Comment

Hi Farmer,

16 months ago (before I became embroiled in this "world") this would have shocked me and I would have assumed that an accuser changing their story would result in the Police questioning his/her reliability. Now though, I realise that the opposite is true - the Police/CPS seem to encourage an accuser to "amend" their story to fit any new evidence presented that casts doubt over their original statement.

This is precisely the reason that anything that anything that might cast doubt on the accuser's account should be held back for trial (tempting as it is though, to use it to try to avoid it going that far).

Why on earth did your solicitor present the evidence you mention to the authorities?

Best Wishes,

TBG1

Comment

Originally posted by farmer42 View Post
        Don’t know how I feel about a call today feel let down by the solicitor. I gave the solicitor proof that the accuser had been lying in both her statements, now I have been told today the police have been back and questioned her about this evidence and she has suddenly remembered and done a statement to say she couldn’t remember previously surely that has made it worse for me.
        This is the same position as I find myself in .. I have discovered lots of inconsistencies in my FA statement and there are really 2 choices .. tell the police now and they will go and change her story but the original statement will remain on record and your solicitor/counsel will merely say to the FA in court that she only changed it after YOU told her .. that gives you extra credibility

OR .. you say nothing and it goes to trial and then you produce it, she claims at trial it was the stress and ordeal of the event that confused her ... and you in the same position

The fact is they allow her to change statement/dates/facts ... this surely shouldnt be allowed

Did your solicitor advise you to tell the police about the statement inconsistencies or did they advise to stay quiet ?

Comment

A good solicitor will be able to question this at trial.
          The FA will have to have a pretty good reason for changing the story.
          Suddenly forgetting after remembering so well should be brought to the attention of a jury.
          Try not to panic.
          Don't give them any more evidence whatever you do!
          YoH

Comment

Counsel should grill her about the change in her evidence. I do wish solicitors wouldn't do this as the police will always go back to the (false) accuser so she can change her account. She should have been ambushed with it at trial.
            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Thank you all for the replies just getting closer to the trial feel it’s me fighting alone. My solicitor said they aren’t allowed to ambush so have to produce everything when in fact they have pretty much just given her all we have. It is now the 3rd statement she has done all so different and yet I still bet the prosecution will word it all well enough to convince the jury it is normal. Just want my life back

Comment

Thank you all for the replies just getting closer to the trial feel it’s me fighting alone. My solicitor said they aren’t allowed to ambush so have to produce everything when in fact they have pretty much just given her all we have. It is now the 3rd statement she has done all so different and yet I still bet the prosecution will word it all well enough to convince the jury it is normal. Just want my life back
                One of the worst things for me has been learning that the police have little interest in the truth. It's shocking, I still find it hard to accept. Wishing you all the best ..

Comment

Hi Farmer 42
                  Sorry you are feeling let down, perfectly normal to feel this way. It Is such a stressful time. Defence can and did hold back our defence evidence/disclosure until trial which is when it can be disclosed and Counsel for defence and CPS agree What Is allowed into,court. An experienced Barrister can then question FA and expose her lies. However keep positive as your barrister will still be able to question FA in detail as to why she changed her story, it will be crucial at trial. Have you got further evidence having gone through cps disclosure from your solicitor to disprove the FA as it will help you at trial. We were constantly going through the CPS disclosure right up until trial and high lighted and obtained evidence to disprove the FA on numerous occasions. We had additional disclosure from cps the week before trial and actually day one of trial which greatly helped his defence so keep positive that you can get through thisx

Comment

Words fail me. However the situation you face has been encountered by many here. May I wish you & yours all the best & whilst I cannot directly help (no experience), you have my support.

Mr B

Comment

I've seen this happen though. When Crown complains the jury has already heard it...... they cannot unhear it.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                        I've seen this happen though. When Crown complains the jury has already heard it...... they cannot unhear it.....
                        Lol, the solicitor has to play by the rules, as one-sided as they are; however there is nothing to stop the defendant briefing his barrister during the hearing with something that he *has only just remembered* (presumably due to something the FA mentioned in their testimony!)
                        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

My thoughts exactly young man........

Comment

Thank you again so much for the replies it helps so much knowing you are all here. It is my beautiful sons first Christmas this year so I want to try and enjoy it for his sake just in case it is my last with him.
                            So much going through my head feel like I need to plan everything from my hair to my shoes just in case the jury don’t like the look of me, not really a public speaker so do I practice talking what will happen? My accuser has done all this before in a previous trial when she accused her husband only 2 years ago (he was acquitted) so she knows what to do and expect plus she then gets more support. Thanks again guys

Comment

There are some hints on how to conduct oneself at trial in the useful information section of the forum i.e.:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial
                              'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Working...
                              X