Need help, CRB Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, CRB Check

So 3 years ago at University I was accused of raping a girl I was having reguler sex with after I slept with her friend, the police took my phone and PC and also arrested me and took dna and went through questioning, I was later bailed
    and aloud to go home, after around 5 horrible months I was told that it was not going any further....... all that for a phone call to say you are free to go made me so angry, basically ruined my life, my confidence and credibility.

Anyway 3 years later I need to get a CBR will this show on records as this never went to court, there was never evidence it was just my word against hers. thanks all

Originally posted by RATCASTHD View Post
    So 3 years ago at University I was accused of raping a girl I was having reguler sex with after I slept with her friend, the police took my phone and PC and also arrested me and took dna and went through questioning, I was later bailed
    and aloud to go home, after around 5 horrible months I was told that it was not going any further....... all that for a phone call to say you are free to go made me so angry, basically ruined my life, my confidence and credibility.

Anyway 3 years later I need to get a CBR will this show on records as this never went to court, there was never evidence it was just my word against hers. thanks all
    Hi

This shouldn't show - there is a part on an Enhanced CRB for any comments to be made by the chief constable (or words to that effect) - I have seen hundreds of CRB forms and never seen this completed in matters that have not been convicted - I recall once seeing when a person had been charged and it in progress as the position was in the NHS and the police have a responsibility to inform them anyway if you are a current employee

Sorry to have gone on .. the long and short is .. I think you will be OK

Comment

Originally posted by falseaccused9390 View Post
      Hi

This shouldn't show - there is a part on an Enhanced CRB for any comments to be made by the chief constable (or words to that effect) - I have seen hundreds of CRB forms and never seen this completed in matters that have not been convicted - I recall once seeing when a person had been charged and it in progress as the position was in the NHS and the police have a responsibility to inform them anyway if you are a current employee

Thanks thats is grate, hoping then that nothing was commented as I never even went to court or anything, thanks for help

Comment

Originally posted by RATCASTHD;66216

[I
        [/I]Sorry to be off topic here. And not wanting to put a damper on it. But my partner's case and many others went to trial based only on the complainants word...no other evidence. In fact there was evidence to suggest it did not happen but CPS disregarded that. Total waste of tax payers money. Huge debt for us. Huge trauma for us. No inference intended but just needed to say it.

Best Wishes. I hope you regain your confidence and can recover from your experience.

Comment

Hi

Your advice is actually incorrect. Its irrelevant whether it was a conviction or not. An allegation can still be included under the additional information section and this is for any type of DBS - basic or enhanced. The chief police officer makes the decision and they usually look at whether it's relative to the type of work but it can be disclosed anyway. For jobs which entail contact with vulnerable adults or children, it's more than likely to be included and it would be down to the employers discretion whether to take you on.

I've spoken to quite a few people who've had their careers ruined by a false allegation being mentioned on their DBS and the Police seem able to do this even when the evidence is very limited. It's very unfair. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. However, if they do disclose it on your DBS you are entitled to challenge the decision through an appeals process and there is a home office website which gives more information about the process.
          Last edited by slowdown73; 23 September 2016, 11:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by slowdown73 View Post
            Your advice is actually incorrect. Its irrelevant whether it was a conviction or not. An allegation can still be included under the additional information section and this is for any type of DBS - basic or enhanced. The chief police officer makes the decision and they usually look at whether it's relative to the type of work but it can be disclosed anyway. For jobs which entail contact with vulnerable adults or children, it's more than likely to be included and it would be down to the employers discretion whether to take you on.

I've spoken to quite a few people who've had their careers ruined by a false allegation being mentioned on their DBS and the Police seem able to do this even when the evidence is very limited. It's very unfair. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. However, if they do disclose it on your DBS you are entitled to challenge the decision through an appeals process and there is a home office website which gives more information about the process.
            Well with respect we will agree to disagree.

I stated there is a section and this is at the discretion of a chief officer but I have never seen it completed in the event of a false allegation that has been formally NFA'd

The long and short is the OP will not know if anything is on there until they receive it

Comment

Well with respect we will agree to disagree.

I stated there is a section and this is at the discretion of a chief officer but I have never seen it completed in the event of a false allegation that has been formally NFA'd

The long and short is the OP will not know if anything is on there until they receive it
              It's true the Police do not disclose in the event of a false allegation but most unfounded allegations are unfortunately not recorded as false or malicious by the Police even when the evidence is very scant. In this type of situation, it is down to the discretion of the Chief Police Officer and they can and very often will disclose it particularly when its in respect of a job that involves contact with vulnerable people.

For the allegation to be classed as malicious by the Police, you have to be able to provide evidence that it was malicious or false - insufficient evidence on its own means there will still be a record of it sadly.

Comment

I'm now approaching this subject for myself.

My FA is being investigated for wasting police time due to additional evidence that the original complain was false. She is sticking to her original lie. Apparently on my enhanced DBS check the NFA will appear. I don't work with vulnerable people or children but what if I decide to work for a charity in the future? I'll be put off for fear of this NFA appearing on my record. Additionally if high level vetting is required for a job, an individual would have to provide an explanation for the NFA. If the FA was based on a lie post-consensual activity then this would require someone to have to explain details of their private sexual life. This is horrific. An invasion of privacy and a way in which the FAs can continue to torment the victims of FA for years after the event.

I'm hoping my case ends with the FA being prosecuted for wasting police time and the NFA is removed from any record. If she isn't and it doesn't then what are my options? I saw above somebody mentioned there is a home office page with information on this. Could someone direct me to what I should be looking for?

Comment

Working...
                X