Overwhelmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
    I could be wrong, but it seems that the CPS have deliberately waited until your lad is 18 in order to push the case through the adult court.

What does the solicitor say about this?
    I could be wrong as well but don't they still have to sentence somebody as if they were the age when the offence was allegedy committed?

Comment

Yes but CPS waiting until he is of age is a tactic to ensure it gets to trial, is my point. What does your solicitor say about it?
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
        I could be wrong, but it seems that the CPS have deliberately waited until your lad is 18 in order to push the case through the adult court.

What does the solicitor say about this?
        Now that is a thought RF. What a dirty little bunch of characters the CPS are if they have done that....

Surely there must be some redress due to this tactic being used (if it has been)...

Good spot. I applaud the heads up...
        Mr B

Comment

It is not at all unusual for the police and/or CPS to play dirty tricks. In this case, it looks as though they had waited for the boy to become of age so he can be tried in the Crown court. Easier to convict there.

Throughout my 16 years of working in this field I have seen police hide / withhold evidence and then put it into the unused bundle AFTER the trial. They speak to potential witnesses and lie about what was found on computers - which is usually nothing.

One guy who was a scout master, and had hundreds of photos of boys on his computer - from scouting events and camps - all 101% decent. The police held meetings at local scout troops with parents and told them they had found "hundreds of photos of boys" on his computer and left them to speculate.

In another case, the def was accused of downloading illegal images. He was already in prison. They found the images in January 2005 his stepson admitted to downloading them. In the May the police went to visit the guy in prison in order to interview them about the images when they already knew very well who was responsible.

Because they could not pin it onto him (dates on the images did not support their case) they withheld that evidence until after the trial. When he rang me from prison I told him that I had found this evidence and that it was the stepson who had downloaded it, and he promptly burst into tears. He knew he had not done that, but was terrified it would be pinned onto him. When I told him that the police already knew who had done it, five months before interviewing him on the same subject he virtually collapsed on the phone. There was silence while I waited for him to be picked up by a fellow inmate.....
          Last edited by Rights Fighter; 4 October 2016, 01:02 PM.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I just do not know what to say RF. There appears to be a lack of due process & a perception that anyone can be fitted up given half a chance.

Apologies for the thread hijack, but do we ever see this behaviour called into question & officers challenged?

It is a vicious irony that once a person are falsely accused, you have to behave like a saint whilst the agencies attempt to denigrate & prosecute that person maliciously. A perversity of "herd management".

There must be some oversight...surely...

Mr B

Comment

RF I hadn't even thought of this I just presumed this is how long these things take. I will put it to the solicitor and see what he says. He has said the whole case has been handled badly. Thank you for bringing this to my attention with my head in a complete mess it didn't even cross my mind.

Comment

Working...
              X