Anonymity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anonymity

I hope this is the right place to post this, I am a journalist working on a story about anonymity for the accused in sexual assault cases. I'm interested to speak to anyone who has been falsely accused and feels that had they been anonymous it may have made the process slightly easier on them and their family. If this is something you would be able to talk about please do email me, my address is maddii.lown@sky.uk

Would be great to have just an off the record chat to begin with.

Thanks,
    Maddii

Hi and thanks for your interest in the subject; any positive media attention would be good.

To encourage members to contact you it would probably help if you specified if you needed their actual details, i.e. would they be anonymous in your article?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
      Hi and thanks for your interest in the subject; any positive media attention would be good.

To encourage members to contact you it would probably help if you specified if you needed their actual details, i.e. would they be anonymous in your article?
      Very early on in the process at the moment so I am just wanting to chat to people about their experiences. The end result would be a piece for Sky News on the topic - so eventually I'd like to do a TV interview. Can discuss all the detail offline if anyone is happy to speak with me.

Comment

I would be very happy to share my views. But would not be willing for TV interview. Once you are able to PM, perhaps you would like to contact me?

Comment

All: I have made contact with Maddii.

Good conversation. Sensible questions. Briefly explained context around:
          [1] NPD + BPD > High Conflict Divorce > PA > PAS
          [2] Economic Motivator for Partners to execute FA & [a] Wrongful conviction > Divorce Court Conduct > 100% of assets petition [b] Compensation for non family members
          [3] Police - Limited evidence (medical & ABE) for CCSA & only verbal for HCSA. General Police "just doing the job" approach to their work & do only enough to refer to CPS. No diligent investigation for evidence proving innocence. Extensive use of Bail for over a year. HCSA being put back hence delay due to current CSA taking precedence.
          [4] Suggested investigation of false DV claims when Legal Aid eliminated - Guardian in 2012 article published on the same issue.
          [5] Privacy - exposure to Police SS, LA, School & Medical profession. Reality being privacy is eroded from the second the accusation made.
          [6] Consider ways to prevent FA. I would appreciate that. Suggested Criminalisation / Fine as no due diligent investigation even using the basics of common sense.
          [7] Legal Aid elimination causing spike of FA DV & CSA/HCSA

Willing to progress to TV if required & common sense grounds agreed. Call lasted for around an hour.
          Would appreciate a critique of the above & constructive criticism

HTH
          Mr B

Comment

Originally posted by can it get worse View Post
            I would be very happy to share my views. But would not be willing for TV interview. Once you are able to PM, perhaps you would like to contact me?
            Thank you very much - yes definitely, or you can email me, maddii.lown@sky.uk and I'll get straight back to you?

Comment

Well done Mr B and thank you for being brave enough to make contact.

As the spouse if someone falsely accused I can't help with this unless Maddii wants to talk to family members, but it seems you have covered everything that applies to you and accusations borne out of divorce very comprehensively. There are so many different types of FA. The only thing I would ask therefore, is if Maddii expressed an interest in talking to anyone who has been falsely accused outside of a marital relationship. A teenaged boy accused by his teenaged girlfriend? A one night stand? An historical accusation from an adult child complaining of an 'event' from decades ago? Siblings accusing one another? Accusations by the mentally ill?

They all bring their own and different issues, and it would be good I think, if Maddii explores as much as she can.

Thank you though for your input. Too often these things go nowhere because no-one is willing to take part.
              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thank you FWW. Maddii has offered to engage & we will see where this goes.

I would add that someone has to be the "poster "person"" for this issue to crest into the public domain. We are now seeing the Archers with PAS & a Robbie Coltraine (sp?) drama on the subject.

We all know that you can turn the box off. When this happens to you or your loved ones, there is no such option. I am sure there is a mass of individuals who have been FA'd & would offer multiple viewpoints. I cannot profess to offer anything but my experience. However there are multiple "causes" that generate the FA. It does not come out of no-where.

Step Dads accused by step-children - historically, suggest a psychopathology being triggered. With mental health being a media issue I see a resonance that could move to make a FA being as unacceptable now as drink driving is. Either way, it will not help my alienated daughter who "Does not have a Daddy" (her words). Now that really does smart. In her name ("Carolyn") I will progress this issue.

Take care & kindest regards
                Mr B

Comment

[QUOTE=Mr B;66109] .......... Either way, it will not help my alienated daughter who "Does not have a Daddy" (her words). Now that really does smart. In her name ("Carolyn") I will progress this issue.

Absolutely heart wrenching MrB.

A book has recently been published ....... Wrongful Allegations of Sexual and Child Abuse by Ros Burnett. You may be interested in Anna Raccoon's review of it.

Comment

My heart breaks for you, Mr B. Alienation is a particularly vicious evil. We are affected by it down 2 generations, so I know how much heartache it brings.

Take care. I am inspired by your strength.
                    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I've spoken to Maddii too. Felt very comfortable. Discussed the impact of being a professional person on the receiving end of being falsely accused and impact on my employment, health and the way these types of situations can have a lasting impact on your career in relation to DBS disclosure. Although I was never charged, I spoke about my fears about the situation being publicised and how damaging this would be to your reputation and career even if you were acquitted. I hope my feedback will prove useful.

Comment

Good to see contact has been made. I have a hope that a fair representation of the injustices that are going on daily can be made to the British Public. If this was known, clearly & credibly articulated, then the British Public would not tolerate this. This is "just not cricket".

I would suggest there is mileage in this exposure as the whole area is in public interest & the cost of Legal Aid vs a FA with Police SS & Court time means the wrong decision has been made just in cost terms. Not the first time I am sorry to say.

The above ignore the human (non financial) cost to this...

There is a psychopathology around this that is driving the FA's. That is why it is so hard to accept & rationalise for a "normal" person, yet is water of the ducks back for the FA. Worthy of exploration...

We do lock up arsonists - so how about reputational & family arsonists? Something to consider perhaps.

Kindest
                        Mr B

Comment

Thank you for the book reference CIGW

http://annaraccoon.com/2016/09/09/wrongful-allegations/

75 GBP is steep. Will have a good look & may cough up for it. Perhaps useful for Maddii as it will offer a distilled reference to any package.

For the avoidance of doubt I an not strong. My daughter is!

For over an hour 2 police officers 1 social worker & her Mother pressured her to say a lie to enable a false & malicious charge to be brought under ABE interview / interrogation conditions. She is only 5 years old. She resisted & in fact rather successfully frustrated the officers that even on the transcript you can feel the tension. Viewing the videos tomorrow (if they can be made to work) so I will be absolute tears I am sure.

Well done Carolyn - I am very proud of you. Thinking of you & working my way back to you.

Kindest
                          Mr B

Comment

Well done to your daughter, but don't underestimate yourself. She is in the age group hardest to alienate and she clearly loves you, in spite of the ' no daddy' comment. I hope your journey back to her is shorter than you fear.

Comment

Thank you . I will bear that in mind FWW. TTFN. Off to bed I am literally pooped.

Nite to one & all.
                              Mr B

Comment

Working...
                              X