Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip

Hi everyone

Just wanted to post up this tip to anyone who ever finds themselves being interviewed - as I totally did not realise the manipulative way they work - they ( so called police) will ask you for every date you can give them of family and anyone they talk to you about this is mainly Birthdays , holidays , trips away, celebrations ur births , weddings and anything important to you . They then use this and has happened on every single occasion from the 10 bail dates to the magistrates date to co- include with anything you may have wanted to use to keep your head away from the terrible false allegations that get made.
    Whatever they say or do they are NEVER EVER working to assist you in any shape or form , even if they come across as you best friend - so I maybe wrong in saying this but I would strongly recommend not telling them anything unless it's a definate benefit to your case , as they should do there own homework and I certainly would be saying it nothing to do with you . OH st interview and me at voluntary interview were so naieve hope this helps someone . My Moto is police hate your guts (ours that is ) and it's now firmly installed in my brain .

The police want to know these things, they want to know dates, times, locations, who said what and who did what. This is because this is what will be used in court to decide whether you are guilty or not. The information should not be based on assumptions, it should be relevant and it doesn't matter how insignificant the information is you should give a full account of your side of the story. The format in which the police interview people is they will start by asking questions, and then they will put allegations to you, and then at the end they will ask if there is anything else you would like to say and this is where you state why you think the allegations have been made against you if you have not already been asked why the allegations were made.
    (free) legal assistance | sentencing guidelines

I've been there, so I know what you are going through, keep strong.

Comment

Originally posted by KB19 View Post
      Whatever they say or do they are NEVER EVER working to assist you in any shape or form , even if they come across as you best friend
      I wanted to quote this particular part and respond to it separately. The police will be very bias towards you, no matter how weak their case is, it isn't the complainant taking you to court when it goes to court, it is Regina, aka the Crown, aka the Crown Prosecution Service, which pretty much represents the police, so consider the police to be your worst enemy but try to treat them with respect because if you start acting like a prat this will be used against you in court and if you don't mess the police around this will go in your favour in court so answer all questions, turn up to the interview on the date and time arranged and be prepared to answer some really personal questions about your private life as they will dig into everything.
      (free) legal assistance | sentencing guidelines

I've been there, so I know what you are going through, keep strong.

Comment

The police will always be biased towards the accused as ultimately the first telling of any tale is usually the one that is believed, human nature stacks the odds against you.

Plus a conviction is another notch on there belts, promotion is the main goal, sadly for the falsely accused.

Comment

Thank you both for you input , just to clarify I would not want anyone to be rude to the so called police , and OH has always gone out of his way to be polite to them, from my point of view looking at it as his other half , they certainly did not need to know about anyone not involved in the case but they asked anyway , about people who would never ever be either a witness or part of the case in the family or dates of things like when's the marathon your relative is running ! to me is nothing to do with there investigation.
          in our case every bail date was either a day away it on day of grandchildrens birthday or an occasion we had planned , hence why I am probably a paranoid of there practices , and although being charged now even that it appears to me is normally magistrates 3-4 weeks after being told at bail date but in OH case is 7 weeks from that time which coincides with a big family celebration , I feel the date was for maximum impact as will hit local press no doubt day before our occasion very timely, I expect the Heather Trott ( character from Eastenders not a real name) is loving every minute how I dispise them .

Just out of interest who books the magistrates court date anyone know ?

Comment

Working...
          X