Holidays on bail?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holidays on bail?

Seems a very random thing for me to be posting but partner wanting to go on holiday. There are no bail conditions set and nothing has been mentioned saying he cannot go out of the country etc nor has he been asked if he had any holidays booked. Is it ok to go away as long as you attend bail date? I know people will probably say to check with the police and that was what I suggested but he is worried that if he does that they may then suddenly slap conditions on that aren't currently there meaning then that he cannot go.

Hello
    I went on holiday abroad 4 times while on bail, even went to Dubai they were fine with it just let your solicitor know.

Hope this helps

Comment

Let the police know too so they cannot pretend later that you went "without permission"
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Just seen that I never replied!

Such a daunting thing the thought of approaching them and then them suddenly deciding to put some conditions on. Although not as scary for me as the thought of it being found out about and I've had nightmares about being arrested at the airport and all sorts!

Managed to persuade him to discuss it with his solicitor he used for interview to see what they think and for their guidance as think he's more likely to listen to them than me!

Comment

If you have no bail conditions then theoretically they can't stop you from going out of the country for a holiday but why don't you check with your solicitor first?

Comment

He's spoken with solicitor and been advised that as bail is unconditional that there is no need to discuss with the police.

Comment

Hi,

I was on bail for almost 1 year and in that time I went abroad to Europe (France ). My only condition was to not contact the so called victim. I went abroad without any issues. I didn't tell the police but I did mention it to my solicitor. He said my conditions don't ban any foreign travel so going abroad wouldn't be a problem. I didn't mention it to the police ( prtly on his advice ) as he said the police would be B*****DS and decide to add a new condition to ban foreign travel.. If you have no conditions saying you can't go abroad, I'd go, but I certainly wouldn't inform the police. You have no need

Comment

Hanks for your reply. Yes solicitor has advised that holiday can be booked and that do not have to tell the police. So that is a relief booking for early in the new year and just hoping that there is no bad news before then as want to make it a good one in case the worst does happen

Comment

When I was bailed, the date coincided with a holiday so they changed it so I could go!

Comment

His next bail date is October so will need to be aware for the next date. Partner so worried that they will screw him over in his words so glad we spoke to solicitor

Comment

Working...
                    X