No announcement yet.

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen from Beds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is a very recent & terrifically fragile addition.

I am looking how to add the following to my sig but cannot yet find out how to. "Comedy is tragedy plus time." Acknowledgements to the scriptwriters for Carol Burnett in "Starting from Scratch".

Mr B

Comment

That will be a brilliant signature!! It's very true.

I'm afraid I can't help with technical details but I'm sure that if Casehardened sees this he will pop in and help.

Best wishes and a

You seem to be a very strong person and your support and advice will be invaluable to others if you are willing to stay around on the forum. In return I'm sure you'll find people willing to be part of a survey and/or join in with efforts to bring about change, even if it ends up being a painfully slow process.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr B View Post

I am looking how to add the following to my sig but cannot yet find out how to. "Comedy is tragedy plus time." Acknowledgements to the scriptwriters for Carol Burnett in "Starting from Scratch".

Mr B
        'My Profile' (top right of screen) then 'About Me' tab; however I can't recollect if you have to be a full member before this facility is available?
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

No worries about the sig I can wait. That is not a drama.

May I say that I am not strong. Currently.

I owe my continued existence to the "Magnificent 7" than have been diligently supporting me through this. Agents T &J, T&S, T,L & T. Plus a Vicar!. Many a time I looked over that edge & given the circumstances, 6 seconds of flight time (504 feet) seemed preferable to living like this. However my daughter would wonder why I preferred that option over her. I would too.

May I suggest if anyone needs a lift (no pun) they look on www.arrse.co.uk & search for Stumpy & Auld Sapper. Auld Sapper was an Army chap as part of a dog handling Team in Northern Ireland. He writes with such blessed inherent comedy & tone that it lifted my spirits. Might do the same for others. I have found the Army Rumour service comments around Lord Brammel to be particularly helpful & considered. It gave me hope before I belatedly found this forum. The prevalence of black humour seems to be helpful in fact. I would suggest that is worthy of exploration.

However, a short term dose of theoretical revenge therapy (just to keep you on the planet) does allow that 504 foot moment to pass. However I truly understand people in the that first 4 months wishing to end it all. I was an emotional basket case. You just have to grab them & hang on. That is all I can suggest. Hoping the moment will pass (it does by the way). Little consolation when you are in it though.

Therapy being hit or miss - it in theory gives you a new set of "spectacles" to see the same image differently. In my case appeared ineffective & when asked what I should do in a situation I got "I do not know". For 50 GBP an hour make up something for heavens sake. However I persevered (in vain). A distinct lack of imagination.

The law loves to prey off such situations. Police are sharks for the innocent but falsely accused. They will circle you....Come on Flipper - where the Dickens & Jones are you? A personal idiolect that my daughter will pick up on in time.

What a cost - just for a house I would of given the STBX for the asking. Why? I have my answer. No new information yet challenges the functioning of the behavioural model. I would welcome it when I see it. I would hate to be proved right...

TTFN
          Mr B

Comment

Without wishing to contradict you, we are all stronger than we think. :-) I'm glad you've found ways to cope - and this forum.

I'm sorry though that you found counselling less than helpful. Good quality counsellors seem to be harder and harder to find, or maybe they are like Social Workers - good ones are like gold dust. 'I don't know' was not an appropriate answer to your question.

Whatever got you through the last few months, I'm glad it did and I look forward to seeing you more here.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Phew that took a lot of catching up but very good reading nevertheless.

Your membership is most welcome and I am sorry you and your child have been thrown in to this sorry situation.

My partner was FA'd and he received a NG. I struggle to come to terms with it's impact and the way that allegations are 'believed' with no evidence required.

I would be willing to assist you. I am very angered by the whole situation but feel powerless to fight against the 'hierarchy'.

I will continue to follow your thread. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
              X