Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS...

Originally posted by Jan11 View Post
    Sorry for the sad post in advance. After a few awful hurdles cleared successfully (crown court and getting the statements through ) we slowly but surely got our fight back. Happy with our legal team, we've made really good progress.

But now we're dealing with ss a full 10 months after the allegations were made. Just don't know if there is any fight left in me. Our little family is our everything and it feels like theFA is slowly picking it apart. This is torture.

There's great advice on here about dealing with SS and I've taken that on board but just at this moment don't know how we are going to make it to trial.
    I feel like the SS want to wear me down, the first few months with them it seemed to be constant meetings of one form and another - how I'm supposed to hold down a full time job, I don't know! It has eased a bit now with core groups being extended to every 6 weeks and the statutory home visits every 4 weeks. Its a constant 'play by their rules', I learnt that early on.

With probably another 6 months till trial I feel drained and ready to give up

Keep strong though

SL

Comment

Hi Jan11

so sorry to here you are struggling.

SS are a completely different organisation to anything else I've ever dealt with! Nod and agree and if there is something you disagree with (apart from their whole approach and their lack of innocent until guilty attitude) make sure you have evidence to back it up.

Hold on in there - you will all get through this as a family

We have been quite lucky and had a lovely lady who wasn't too much trouble and would come round after working hours etc. hubby is not allowed unsupervised access and we have 4 weekly meet ups but they aren't prying too much.

We had a battle where FA wanted to change trial date due to a booked holiday!! Judge refused luckily and even after their appeal and another hearing to firm a date judge stuck to original date so they have to cancel their holiday - shame, would love a holiday!

We received all statements last week and had good meeting with solicitor this week so all moving on - just got to put the hard work in to prove the opposite of everything she said.

big :hugs: xxx

Comment

Working...
      X