Having an anxious day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad news

Husband was charged this morning. We're shocked as is our solicitor. The OIC was almost apologetic about it but that doesn't help.

I just can't believe it.

Comment

In which area will the trial be held? You will need a good solicitor and barrister.

If in the South East go for legal aid sols at Freemans

http://www.freemanssolicitors.net/si...ile/harvey_fox

Or

http://www.freemanssolicitors.net/si...file/paul_legg

They have their own in-house barrister Michael Field who is brilliant.
      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I'm sure is the same shock as the initial allegation repeated, no matter how you tried to prepare for it.

In the spirit of looking for silver linings of storm clouds - some have said, and I tend to agree, that this is the option that will give you and your husband a proper end to the matter. When found 'not guilty', (and think positive; you are going to fight this and he will be), the matter will be closed and can never be raised again. You will have picked holes in the lies and the jury will have found the accused more believable that the accuser. Don't get lost in the 'no smoke without fire' nonsense - as someone said to Cliff Richard 'They have smoke machines now.'

This is the chance for your husband's name to be cleared as much as is possible in this ridiculous system that has evolved. NFA, which has its own side of wonderful does have the drawback that the matter can be ressurected in the future.

This way, that cannot happen.

I wish you strength. And on a lighter note, it's a new opportunity for an Oscar-winning performance! You will get through it, as so many have done before, and we are here as you make that journey.

for you and yours.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

On the plus side you now get to see the full disclosure. Including evidence the Police refuse to use.

I saw all the disclosures after an NFA due to a Trial of the Facts. Sorry you have to deal with this. Sending alot of

Write everything down., Use wisdom of crowds to rework it. You will come up with the angle as to why..

Come back here often.

Kindest regards
          Mr B

Comment

Oh Jan11, I'm sorry to hear this. Like you said to me with so many false accusation stories making the media we hope the tide is turning. Our dooms day is next week.

Thinking of you and your family today and as already said - you pick those lies apart and clear your family's name. I'm preparing myself for the fight!

xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Jan11 View Post
              Husband was charged this morning. We're shocked as is our solicitor. The OIC was almost apologetic about it but that doesn't help.

I just can't believe it.
              So sorry to hear this - can I offer my sympathies. I don't know if this is relevant but I've read that the charging practices in different CPS areas are variable. It could just be the CPS trying it on to see whether they can get a conviction - maybe someone with more experience could shed more light on that? I am sure they would say though, that nothing is a foregone conclusion. Now your OH has a chance to heard by a jury of his peers - the police or CPS don't decide whether he is guilty; they do.

Comment

RF we are in North Yorkshire.

We know exactly why she has done this, in fact the police had a file on her from about 18 months ago. This is her revenge. Which is why we are so shocked at the charges.

At this moment in time I cannot even see how we are going to get through this to the trial. We are just a normal family who have tried to always do the right thing. Husband has been back to the docs this morning, but I am so worried about him.

Comment

So so sorry to hear this :'(
                  Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

I am so sorry!
                    The system is completely bonkers!
                    You must feel like you've been kicked in the stomach by a horse.
                    As you remember, the initial shock does pass so remember this and you'll get through the next few days.
                    Unfortunately it will be the worst rollercoaster ride you have ever had from now on.
                    Take each blow as it comes and make the good days big.
                    Once the shock subsides you will be able to take control again.
                    Then, as you get bits of paperwork through you can pick it all apart.
                    The email the FA sent could be useful?
                    No one should really be shouting about the matter before the case is heard!
                    That may be used in evidence.
                    I have a similar issue myself in court soon so I'll be able to advise better at the end of the month.
                    Keep posting.
                    We're with you both all the way
                    Big hugs!!
                    YoH

Comment

I'm sorry, not being much use on this forum recently. Has anyone used mark newby?

I promise to come back and try to help when I'm feeling a bit stronger.

Comment

Hi - sorry to hear this news. But like others have already said - this is now your chance to commence the fight and you can be ready to receive the 'evidence'. CPS tend to try to avoid providing it and slow time things. But with the right defence team you will squeeze it out of them - to your advantage. The stuff they try to withhold tends to be useful to you.

Mark Newby has a very good reputation. I spoke to him when I was seeking help for my partner. He came across as being very calm, knowledgeable and experienced in these types of allegations.

Sending you

Comment

Originally posted by Jan11 View Post
                          I'm sorry, not being much use on this forum recently. Has anyone used mark newby?

I promise to come back and try to help when I'm feeling a bit stronger.
                          So sorry to hear this & all you're going through.

Not on here much at moment. Supporting someone going to trial shortly and can't cope with forums right now. Huge battle to get through every day.

Replying as using Mark Newby. Contact has been minimal I believe that is normal at this stage. Only really picks up once disclosures appear. I personally spoke to Mark about a year ago and found him hugely reassuring.

Good luck x

Comment

If it's legally aided Mark Newby - if the trial is in that area.

If private client then use Chris Saltrese - details in my tagline.
                            People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Hi there

Sorry to hear of your horrific time. But try and remain calm you can get through this. Now the fight begins. OH was charged and had trial. Unanimous NG, you haven't been heard yet. Dont forget FA will be cross examined and you must try and prepare the best defence possible so the barrister can expose the lies. Staystrong x

Comment

Update feeling low

Sorry for the sad post in advance. After a few awful hurdles cleared successfully (crown court and getting the statements through ) we slowly but surely got our fight back. Happy with our legal team, we've made really good progress.

But now we're dealing with ss a full 10 months after the allegations were made. Just don't know if there is any fight left in me. Our little family is our everything and it feels like theFA is slowly picking it apart. This is torture.

There's great advice on here about dealing with SS and I've taken that on board but just at this moment don't know how we are going to make it to trial.

Comment

Working...
                                X