My experience with the police was positive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with the police was positive

I feel it necessary to provided a fair and balanced view on the police and how they deal with the issues of false accusations. Most posters here have had very negative experiences with the police once they have been falsely accused and I'd like to share my story. Everything is anecdotal and in no way do I mean to detract or question the experiences of other people.

I wasn't arrested or charged. I was asked to attend a voluntary interview. My phone or laptop wasn't seized and I was treated with respect. The OIC didn't treat me like a criminal and asked me fair questions. They weren't trying to 'catch me out' as I was paranoid they might be. The complaint was made one week, I was asked to come in a week after (where I presume they did some investigation work) and a week later I was phoned to say that there would be NFA. On the phonecall the OIC was reasoned, fair and offered advice. They appeared to have conducted a full, fair and swift investigation and haven't been swayed by quotas, sensationalism or the FA.

I don't know if this is a sign that things may be changing or I was just lucky to encounter an intelligent, mature reasoned and sensible police officer. Either way, I am very grateful and extremely surprised that my case was dealt with in this way and I pray it is a sign of things to come for the rest of you.

If anyone wants to get in touch about anything, please don't hesitate to do so.

You have no idea how pleased I am to see this! I have seen so many dirty dealings with the police and some prosecutors, so it makes a pleasant change to read of your positive experience.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
      You have no idea how pleased I am to see this! I have seen so many dirty dealings with the police and some prosecutors, so it makes a pleasant change to read of your positive experience.
      Yes, it is good to read of this positive experience. Having followed the stories of many on here it seems this is all too often atypical. I too had a positive experience; my FA was charged last week and the police have been nothing other than supportive. But I feel very disturbed and angry that FAs seem to, more often than not, succeed in manipulating the criminal justice system and putting innocent people and families through some extreme form of hell. Knowing this was happening to others exacerbated the anxiety I felt personally too, to add to my indignation at what has been allowed to happen generally.

So, yes, some investigations do seek the truth. But, for many families, the inconsistency of approach creates an intolerable burden that should not be allowed to continue.

Comment

I too am very glad to hear of positive experiences. It's fair to say that the OIC in our case has been very respectful - even supportive and kind - but this is not the norm it seems. That said, we have been left with no updates or information at all except a rebail date by email the day before each time.

Some are left more in limbo than others and it would be good if there was country wide good manners and consistency in procedures.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

To be honest same in our case the OIC is nice enough his superior is absolutely lovely both recommended NFA. He seemed happy at the latest statement clearing my OH and has promised he'll do all he can to remove from CRB check. If the CPS drop it.

The other police force involved and the CPS however utter heartless beggars. If our local police were the only force involved the last ten months would have been vastly differently.
          Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Working...
          X