How to prevent false rape allegations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to prevent false rape allegations

Hello, I have been a member here previously (twice, actually) but can never remember my username or password (understandably not in my usual frame of mine when signing up) and the forgotten password doesn't work (despite me not having any kind of spam filter)

Anyway, I'm here for a better reason this time.

the previous two times, I have been accused of rape, luckily the 1st was voluntary interview, as no official statement was given by the 'victim' but the 2nd went through the usual process (arrest, processing, interrogation, bail, rebail, rebail again and then NFA'd)

I hope understandably being falsely accused of rape once really made me cautious when it came to sexual partner(s) and a 2nd time has made it so that any time anything even close to a sexual relationship comes into mind, so does the risk of a false allegation.

I got NFA'd in January of this year, and I don't want it to affect my life (in terms of relationships) but I can't help but think that now with 2 previous allegations against me things would be a lot harder mentally, and legally if there was a 3rd.

Other than the standard being careful who you sleep with etc what other steps can be taken to avoid being falsely accused (or rather, it going any further)

I'm not a naturally trusting person, and even less so now that I have been through it twice, and seen two people get away with making such false allegations simply because it's a case where it's very unusual where you can prove without a doubt that it is a lie.

Now, I know this is illegal, but I was thinking a background recording app (audio only) started a good amount of time before, and until after a possible sexual encounter would maybe suffice.

I know some people would think it's stupid, as it's illegal in itself, but surely the possible charges from such a method would be far less than the possible charges from a rape allegation, and could potentially lead to someone who would do such a thing actually facing the consequences for once.

my concerns come from the fact that I am only 20 years old, and have 2 false rape allegations under my belt, and with those numbers in mind I have either been extremely unlucky, or I'm almost gauranteed to face it again at some point in my life and I don't want to go through the rest of my life having to think about it.

What do you guys think? could such a recording even be taken into consideration?

I don't know about the legality, but it is surely very sensible. How else is it possible to obtain a non-subjective record of an encounter that is otherwise subject to hazy recollections and possible mistepresentations?

And what are potential penalites if this is, indeed, an offence against those for rape and sexual assault?

Comment

That is exactly my reasoning, except there is no doubt that it IS illegal, but it's the only sure fire way of proving your innocents without a doubt (assuming that it can be used as evidence) and surely the legal repercussions of such a thing is much less than that of a rape charge, whether convicted or not its almost impossible to get this stuff removed without proving without a doubt that you was innocent - and this is the only way.

If it wasn't able to be used in evidence, there is surely a strong argument against this too, as it is the only way to prove your innocents, they can always change their mind after signing a form, or why other means of written consent etc, whereas a recording of the act fixes that issue.

Due to the fact that people can completely fabricate allegations too (where there was no encounter) I won't lie, I have actually considered recording my entire life using a lot usage constant recording which skips silence, no way someone is getting around that.

Comment

[QUOTE=ada;65428, I have actually considered recording my entire life using a lot usage constant recording which skips silence, no way someone is getting around that.[/QUOTE]

I have followed similar lines of reasoning. It seems extreme....that is until one has suffered a false allegation.

On the admissibilty...I am interested to learn too. I would assume it would be, since cctv is. But I would be interested to learn for sure.

Comment

To anyone who's never been falsely accused of a sexual crime this thread will seem laughable. To those of us who have this is a perfectly reasonable and justifiable line of thinking. It just shows the impact false accusations of this nature have on someone's life. IM considering how I'm going to approach this in future. Only ever agree to be alone with a woman (sexually or not) if she agrees for the entire encounter to be videod? If she doesn't agree, she can't come in my house/walk home with me/have sex/examine me as my doctor etc etc.

When this forum exists and thrives and we are having these conversations, something is catastrophically and endemically wrong with how the police/ss/cps/courts deal with these issues. I don't envy them as dealing with accusations both false and true must be very very difficult. Any sexual crime is horrific and deserves serious investigation and punishment if guilty. But when these accusations are so obviously false (as it would appear a majority of those in this forum are demonstrably clearly and obviously false) there needs to be a complete 180 in how the police view this. The defendant is now the victim and the false accuser is now the suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocked777
            To anyone who's never been falsely accused of a sexual crime this thread will seem laughable. To those of us who have this is a perfectly reasonable and justifiable line of thinking. It just shows the impact false accusations of this nature have on someone's life. IM considering how I'm going to approach this in future. Only ever agree to be alone with a woman (sexually or not) if she agrees for the entire encounter to be videod? If she doesn't agree, she can't come in my house/walk home with me/have sex/examine me as my doctor etc etc.

When this forum exists and thrives and we are having these conversations, something is catastrophically and endemically wrong with how the police/ss/cps/courts deal with these issues. I don't envy them as dealing with accusations both false and true must be very very difficult. Any sexual crime is horrific and deserves serious investigation and punishment if guilty. But when these accusations are so obviously false (as it would appear a majority of those in this forum are demonstrably clearly and obviously false) there needs to be a complete 180 in how the police view this. The defendant is now the victim and the false accuser is now the suspect.

The reason it is crossing my mind more now is I have come across a girl I am interested in, if I mention what's happened right off the bat I risk two things.

1) prejudice
            2) increasing the likelihood of a similar thing happening again, it's no denying that people have often fallen victim again because they told someone who decided to take advantage of it, and saw the victim as an easy target (this is what happened to me)

Since the first isn't on my record (the police have absolutely no record of it ever happening) and the 2nd being NFA'd, I don't feel that I have any reason to 'let people know' as I'm not on the SOR, and even the 'victims' family was on my side.

I am still seriously contemplating recording my entire life, it would be easy to use a background hidden recorder app which skips silence and compresses, if not it wouldn't be too difficult to have a friend write one, with cloud storage integration being so easy and cheap these days compression wouldn't even be a problem, could start it and forget about it.

Comment

I really would like someone with who is more clued up with the law to shed some light on this, as if it is usable as evidence I would do it and it would put my mind at ease and let me forget about it, after all - I have nothing to hide, if the police want to listen to every second of my life they can.

Comment

at my house I have an ((external) CCTV system. The police have visited on more than one occasion to collect CCTV footage to aid burgulary investigations at mine and neighbours' properties.One of the cameras covers the driveway and a side passage. The microphone associated is mounted in the roofspace close to the eaves. I've noticed that this picks up sounds from the bedroom; it would certainly pick up screams or raised voices.

I can't believe that is illegal (though feel free to tell me otherwise....) and I would like to believe that a court wouldn't withhold evidence that could prevent an innocent person being jailed (naive, I know...).

Maybe this is a measure potential victims of FAs (everyone) can take.

Of course, no use for totally fabricated sexual encounters...
                Last edited by stalked; 8 August 2016, 01:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

That falls under an entirely different category stalked. But the knowing recording (even just audio) of a sexual encounter falls under the same laws that make it illegal to tape someone without their knowledge/consent during a sexual encounter

Comment

I wonder what would happen though if a man told a woman, right at the outset of their relationship 'I have been falsely accused of a sexual offence in the past so I reserve the right to record our interactions of any kind at any time,' and then recorded random events.

It isn't without permission then, and frankly, as a woman, if a man told me that, I wouldn't blame him for his caution one little bit. It's a legal minefield, I agree, but one that malicious women and a broken legal system have brought on themselves. I used to wonder what would happen if women went on strike, sexually, given that they get so much flak for unexpected pregnancies and there is such a sexual double standard regarding sexual behaviour, but I now also wonder what would happen if men were the ones refusing sex.

It's a weird world we live in.
                    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Working...
                    X