Credibility and the CPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FalselyAccusedScared,

I know what you are going through. You are not alone, try not to worry too much about the situation.

Worrying won't cause the CPS to work faster.

In the mean time, try and get on with life and try not to think too much about the worst case scenario.

People make false allegations for all sort of reasons.

Don't feel guilty for something you didn't do.

Please try and monitor your stress levels.

During my ordeal, my stress and anxiety levels weren't good.

I had to call the ambulance twice, my blood pressure wasn't good and I had terrible heart palpitations.

All these symptoms continued after receiving NFA from the police. The pins and needles was the worst symptom!

I was a walking time bomb and a heart attack waiting to happen because all I was doing was just sitting down day in and day out thinking about going prison.
    Don't let that happen to you.

Join a gym or something....

Take it easy now..... Your life is precious and special.... I'm praying for your NFA

Don't give up!

Comment

[last three posts added to your original thread to give continuity......it gives a better understanding of your situation for newer members]
      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Another day of feeling the same, feeling like my whole life is over.

I have got through so much in my life, losing so many people I have loved and miss so dearly.
        I've come through some horrid things and done it alone many times.

Ive fighted depression for over 10 years, but I feel the end of the road is here for me.

I only ever wanted a normal life, someone who loved me and I loved, a family of my own and a place to call home.
        I have that now, a little one on the way.
        But I know only too well, social services will take our child away if I'm charged.

I know I haven't done anything, but no matter how loud I shout, how much I protest my innocence no one is listening to me.

I feel trapped, in a box, with no way out.
        Being in a cell for over 24 hours without knowing what, why, why has someone made this up about me, ruined me. It was soul destroying.
        It broke me knowing, this is how my life could end over a women I just no longer had feelings for, seeking revenge against me.

She's accused me, and a close family member of mine and I've noticed that my family members health rapidly get worse since, someone who's never even stepped into a Police station before in their life.

I can't cope knowing I could get locked up for years on years for something I HAVENT done and NEVER would.

I was sexually abused as a child, no one did anything when I reported it no one was interested yet someone I've known for years has made this awful story up about me and no matter how hard I try proving my innocence I'm met with a wall, another cross roads.

I've spoken to a GP, I'm back there next week again now for a urgent appointment.

I'm having loads of other health effects now too, due to the stress load.

I wish someone could help me, and someone could show everyone I haven't done anything wrong.

Honestly, I've never ever felt so close to suicide or so serious about it before.
        I've researched online how too, I've even written a letter :-(
        I'm not strong enough, why me, why can't I just have my happy ending for once.

I finally sorted my future and after so long, its being taken from me.

I'd rather be dead, than charged with something I've not done than be locked up knowing I am innocent.

To everyone here, I hope one day the law is changed and I hope no more innocent peoples lives are ruined, its ruined mine and so many others too.

I can't turn off, knowing every day is one closer to possibly being charged with something I haven't done.

The thought of social services taking our child away too, I can't, I can't do it :-(

Comment

Your life is not over, you have come across a huge hurdle. You have the love and support of a loving partner, focus in her, join strength and you will be stronger. If you read other threads every one feels as you do now to start, it does get easier to cope with. You have a baby on the way, some thing else to focus on. Going to the doctor is a good step for you.

Save your energy, for when you need it, you will have a lot of support on here, every body is so understanding and also know the nightmare you are living through.

Look at your partner I'm sure you will agree, she is probably more worried about your health at the moment.

Big hugs x

Comment

Please understand that this will not always be the way life is going to be. Although it feels now as if you are going through the most hellish experience YOU CAN GET THROUGH this! I appreciate you must feel that everything is totally wretched but you have to start to get angry and fight this!! Find the 'warrior,' in you - to get through depression for 10 years takes guts and incredible strength - you are far stronger that you currently realise. As all the other lovely people on here are saying you are in shock and of course that then triggers all the anxious feelings you are having. My son was falsely accused a few months ago and looking back I can see there were very distinct phases he seemed to go through whilst remaining in limbo waiting for some sort of decision. He did get some very good medical support in order to help with the anxiety - he went on some pretty strong sleeping tablets for a while too as of course if you are not getting good sleep then that can make things appear to be far worse! Please try very hard just to get through a day at a time - keeping up some sort of routine is good - maybe try and go for a walk or go and have a coffee with your partner - as much as life will seem totally surreal - keeping grounded with every day stuff is better than being cooped up and fretting. Talking is also good - we chose to tell family and a few very close friends - their support was invaluable - if you are having suicidal thoughts then share this with people. Trust me though those thoughts will gradually subside and as you come out of the shock you will start to become angry and that will give you the energy to carry on the good fight. You can't let this woman win - you have a family and a loving partner whose lives would never be the same if you allow the vindictive behaviour of your ex to destroy you!! Take care and be strong.
            Mattiex

Comment

I can't add much to what everyone else has said, except this -

Do not give in the worst case scenarios, especially when it comes to your child. Nothing has been decided yet and nothing is a forgone conclusion. We were amazed at what was decided when Social Services were involved and though it took time, it was all good. The accusation against you doesn't have anything to do with a child, so again, please don't go making assumptions.

As has been said, your life is not over and you have a partner who loves you and a child, who will love you, on the way. Focus on them.

You can get through this. We are all here getting through it in different ways and we will support you every step of the way.

You and your partner can and must support each other in the 'real' world and we are here in the virtual one. You have lots of support and you CAN get through it.
              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Thank you for all your kind words of support, it means a lot

Today I've spent trying to regain some stability and had to call the doctors out of hours again, I'm having some serious health issues due to all the stress I suppose.

One question I would like to ask, would it be wise to commence divorce proceedings now?
                Or wait until after this matter is finalized?

The OIC did ask me if there were divorce proceedings already under way, but I was advised to make no comment by my legal team.

Thank you again for all your support so far, honestly, it means so much

Comment

I have a tough decision and calling on you good people.

Today I paid a private solicitor for time, ran through the case with him.

Even he has said she's so vague, she's not credible.
                  He said she has motive to lie, reason for revenge and has had years to disclose this, all of which discredit her.

There's some very "interesting" letters she left prior to leaving, which I thought would be VERY helpful to the CPS to see through her lies, but my legal aid solicitor said they were no help at this stage.

BUT today, the private solicitor I paid advised after looking at them, he would want them sent to Police ASAP and urgently passed to the Crown Prosecution Service; as they show and high light facts that she's lied on.

What do I do? Go against my legal aid solicitor or stick to their advice? May I add, the private solicitor I saw today use to be a crown prosecutor for the CPS!
                  He did add, on reading disclosure and the facts, its obviously she's seeking revenge and has falsified her story.

I need some assistance as my legal aid team seem to be slacking, so much so its worrying me now.

Comment

This really is the impossible decision.
                    There's so many "scenarios" and possibilities that it just boils down to flipping a coin!

The danger is that the police won't include evidence that doesn't support their case and thus the CPS will never see this "evidence". And in the meantime the complainant has this evidence put to them and the opportunity to change their story to fit round it, before the CPS even see the file.

I don't know if you can directly send the paperwork to the CPS??
                    The solicitor should know that.
                    If it goes via the police there's not much chance of it being passed on.

The police have also been known to "lose" vital (to the defence) material and even lie about its whereabouts!

On the other hand, a good police officer may well put the case forward with the evidence and conclude that there's no case.

It's really a gamble with your future!!!

Does this private solicitor have experience in false allegations of this kind?

YoH

Comment

Nobody can tell you what to do, as this is ultimately your decision. We could say one way or the other, and it it went wrong, then it would be our fault.

Go with your own judgement.

Just to say though, most NFAs I know of, did not need the services of a private solicitor. It really depends at the end of the day, on your particular case and how you feel.
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Evidence being relooked at by solicitor at my request.
                        Question,

Arrested and held in the cells for 19 hours (YES 19 Hours!!!)
                        Then interviewed after 19 hours, interview wasn't long at all (half hour-ish... Lose track of time)

Put back in cell, PACE clock running out, time extension by a superintendent granted a further 6 hours, again all this 6 hours was just leaving me in a cell.

One minute before PACE clock expired - CPS said not happy to charge, bail him.

Therefore no PACE clock time left, what does that mean for the investigation?
                        What if they need to ask anything else? I've been told by my legal team I was held unnecessarily and they've lodged a formal complaint.

Been told if they want a voluntary interview my legal team will tell them to run and jump as they had 30 hours and wasted it.

Thoughts? Good or bad PACE clock expired completely

Comment

So its been a week since I was last on here and things are no better

I'm not coping, not with things complete vile lie hanging over my head and the pressure has started to really affect me.

I'm unable to think straight or sleep properly, eating has now almost come to a stop and I'm feeling dizzy often.

I have gone to the lengh of even planning my own suicide.... I've written some letters and now have the drugs to do it.
                          I've always believed I was strong but not now, my whole life seems over now.

I'll never ever cope inside, specially for something I've not done and never would

The Police and CPS even disclosed to my solicitor last week they consider me "dangerous".

I'm scared soon, very soon I'm going to take the tablets and end my life.
                          I'd rather that then be dragged through a trial for something I've not done but that will also emotionally destroy me

Im sorry its come to this but I'm more sorry that someone so evil and vile can lie like this and ruin not just one persons life but multiple lives.
                          The last week or so I've seen the real evil in this world and I can't deal with it no more.

I'm innocent yet, its quite possible I'll be charged with something I've never done and would never ever do in my eodlest dreams.
                          I'm living a nightmare day in, day out.

How can she do this and carry on her life and be so happy, doing this.

Just a rape charge against me will ruin my whole life, I can't do it and I wish I could find the strength but when you are scared, alone, and don't know what to do, there's only one way out.

I have an amazing, beautiful partner with a baby on the way, we have a nice place and we had our whole lives ahead of us but now it's all being ruined by this complaintants lies and poison.

I wish someone would see the bigger picture and that she's lying but I guess its the liars who always gain and I have no fight left

Comment

Hi, you are understandably still in utter shock and of course imagining worst case scenario!
                            These feeling WILL pass - it is just your present state of mind - please believe that by even considering taking your own life you are allowing this creature to win! Deep breathing exercises may be a plan for the dizzyness and anxiety - maybe start jogging or something - plug in headphones and run off the anxiety and start to make a plan!! Just see this as a blip - tomorrow is another day!
                            Mattiex

Comment

Please please please talk to someone! I know suicide may seem like a way out but I promise that it won't be for the people you leave behind, your partner, child, family and friends. I haven't read back through all your posts but wanted to message saying please get some help.

Have you tried Samaritans or is there a crisis team where you live that you could call for help, a close friend or your partner?

Comment

I've not told my doctor about how I feel, in fear they will judge me too like the Police and CPS already have.
                                And that I know they'll only try stopping me.

I've just spent the last 20 minutes breaking my heart sat in the car, I just can't see any light at the end of this.
                                My life is over, that's all I see.

I just want to say, whatever happens to me I am innocent and I haven't done this and I promise I really haven't done ajuthing to anyone.
                                I haven't done this and she's lying, about it all.
                                Its her who has had multiple affairs and is lying, to cover up it all and how evil she is.

All I ever wanted was a quite, happy life but I guess that's not allowed.

I have tried helplines, they don't offer any real relief from this nightmare.

All I see is being locked up for the next 15 years for something I never did while she walks around getting sympathy for something that never ever happened.

I genuinely am close to ending it all, the emotions are getting too much.
                                I see no future. I even started putting affairs into order last week, in all the time I've had depression I've never ever come this close or been so close.

Whatever happens, I just hope this stays here.... I am innocent and I promise you as god as my witness I have not done anything to anyone.

I just know I won't be able to manage being charged with this and all the emotions that will follow while she gets all the protection, sympathy for something that never happened

I genuinely wish I was dead

Thank you to all of you who have commented but I guess this is something no one can help me sort, not even can I

I am innocent

Why she choose to do the to me after knowing the life I had as a child and early adult hood I'll never know but I've seen the evil side of this world now and I just don't like it

Comment

Working...
                                X