Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credibility and the CPS

Hi again

The last week has been a rollercoaster of emotions and at times I've resulted to tears.

I have a question and wondering if anyone can assist me in answering it or thoughts on it.

One of the alleged "rapes" is alleged between start of XXXX year to the end of the same year.
    Here's the twist, I wasn't even at the address or at home and I canaccount for where I was and have material evidence backing that up.

If I put this to my solicitor, which I already have but I now have it in hard evidence form (documents), can they contact the CPS and advise them of this? Providing evidence proving that she's lying.
    Would they be willing to listen to my solicitor?
    Any thoughts would be welcomed.

I can honestly say ive been through some hard times in my life but this, I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.
    I've not been sleeping or eating properly and I'm finding it mentally draining.

I hold my head high knowing I'm innocent.

Thank you to all for all the advice so far, I just wish this wasn't happening :-(

A tricky question and I will answer it with another.

If your solicitor passes this information on to the CPS they will refer it back to the OIC investigating the matter.

This is fresh evidence so naturally the complainant will need to be re-interviewed regarding this.

You obviously will know her better than any of us; is she likely to then admit that she has made a false accusation against you or is she likely to continue to uphold the accusation (possibly saying that she made a mistake with the day/year)

Many members will recommend not sharing any defence information with the police for this reason but there is no malice in their actions: in all fairness fresh evidence for either side in an investigation must be put to the complainant/defendant to give them the opportunity of responding.

Did your solicitor have an opinion about this or did they prefer you to make the decision?
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi there,

Im no expert but i understand the feeling of desperation and really wanting to present your evidence this didnt happen, trying to make the situation not outcome in charge/trial.

Your evidence is dates and all the false accuser will do is change her dates if this is presented to her from the police.

But on the other hand if she was in court saying it happened in x year and you can catergorically prove it didnt! My immediate thought was not guilty when i thought of that evidence being presented in court.

But i appreciate at the moment u will do anything to stop the charge but i would give it very careful consideration. If she changes her date's after being presented your proof by police you are back to square one. At the moment you have some concrete defence.

Good luck

Comment

I would personally like my solicitor to speak with the OIC and/or the cps.

I think I've come across some very damning evidence against her, which may assist the cps see she's actively lied.

Can I request my solicitor contacts the OIC and/or CPS?

Thanks for all your help, I'm very grateful. I'm refraining from posting many details for obvious reasons

Comment

Originally posted by FalselyaccusedScared View Post
          I would personally like my solicitor to speak with the OIC and/or the cps.

I think I've come across some very damning evidence against her, which may assist the cps see she's actively lied.

Can I request my solicitor contacts the OIC and/or CPS?
          I can understand you not wanting matters to go to charge/trial.

Please don't mention what the evidence is but of course you will know if she would be able to easily change her statement to counter it (it seems a little unfair that the complainant is able to do this but of course they can just cite the trauma of the alleged incident to explain their memory lapse)

If you are on legal aid any work that your solicitor does pre-charge comes out of his own pocket (or charged to another client!) so he may not be too keen on getting involved at this stage but, as I mentioned above, if fresh evidence comes to light the OIC should investigate it so, if you contacted him/her yourself, will probably then re-interview you (and then the complainant!) If this happens, you will be probably be asked why this fresh evidence wasn't mentioned at your first interview so be prepared with the answer....
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Fair to stay my whole life feels like it's over and honestly, all the things thrown at me in life I've carried on and seen some light at the end but this, I'm drained, empty and I feel like all I wanna do is die.

She's happy and she's having a good bit of enjoyment over ruining our lives yet, we have had our lives, what we had of one, smashed to pieces while she's protected by a legal system unfit for purpose.

I honestly have had massive suicidal thoughts and I just feel like why am I going through this, why is she allowed to do this and get away with it.

I'm scared, that time in custody awaiting interview broke me, that image will haunt me forever.

I haven't done anything wrong but from what I've seen, read and heard online along with how we have already been treated I feel the Police just don't care, far as they are concerned she's "traumatized" yet is happy to do all what she is doing and is "really happy" her own words.

How is this fair, how can this be allowed.

I'm not strong enough :-( I wish I was dead.
            A grown man, and I'm resulted to tears daily and my whole life seems to be stopped in a frozen time zone.

I'm scared :-(
            Last edited by FalselyaccusedScared; 24 July 2016, 03:36 PM.

Comment

You are still in shock. It's hard to overestimate the trauma that these accusations cause, but please stop for a minute.

I know it seems overwhelming at the moment, but honestly, if you can just hang in there, those feelings will subside. They are a natural and normal response to the trauma you are suffering and none of it is fair or right, but things will feel better in time, honestly they will. It's impossible to say when, as everyone is different, but this forum exists because many have been though what you're going through and are coming out the other side. We're all at different points on the spectrum.

None of it is fair, I agree, but it is what it is. Tears are nothing to be ashamed of. I hope you have someone to confide in besides this forum, but if not, or if you need to talk to someone when no-one else is available, please consider calling the Samaritans. They are available day and night when you need someone to talk to.

And we are here to 'talk' to as well, with encouragement and virtual hugs.

It will stop feeling so overwhelming. Honestly it will, especially if you try to do some of the things you normally do for pleasure, and distract yourself as much as you can. It's hard work to begin with, but it gets easier, it really does.

Ps you may not believe that you are strong enough, but you are, I'm sure. Finding and using a forum like this is a sign of strength.
              Last edited by Franticwithworry; 24 July 2016, 04:02 PM.
              'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hard as it is I really think you need to bide your time regarding your evidence.

How do you know she's "really happy"? Has someone told you this? Have you read it on social media? Have you taken a screenshot if so.

It's incredibly frustrating, few months away from trial here and nothing seems to be happening. Simply got to keep hanging in there x

Comment

Thing that I'm most shocked on, this complainant can't state a day or date only a 2/3 month period.

How will the CPS view this?
                  I'm going to the GP in the week, I am being supported by my partner who was even told by police to leave me... Make that of what you will

Comment

Originally posted by FalselyaccusedScared View Post
                    Thing that I'm most shocked on, this complainant can't state a day or date only a 2/3 month period.

How will the CPS view this?
                    I'm going to the GP in the week, I am being supported by my partner who was even told by police to leave me... Make that of what you will
                    There is nothing unusual in either of those two points sadly.

CPS don't particularly care, there interest is in whether they can get conviction, not whether you actually did it or not.

I've been here almost a year so rather jaded. Sorry if this is negative.

Quietly build your defence in the background and present at court when your FA will have nowhere to hide and the Jury can see her lies on the day.

Comment

Sorry to post again but all this is getting to me, massively.

I've spent the last few hours breaking my heart to my partner, who is being so supportive and trying to hold it together but even she's broken over this.

I wish there were something I could do right now, I've spoken to a defence barrister tonight too, so destressed and in pieces I poured my heart out, even he has said the allegations are completely unbelievable and if he was the cps wouldn't authorise a charge.

Still, that doesn't help the way I feel, how scared I am and that I already suffer with bi polar disorder and have done for years.
                      I feel suicidal and like my life is over, please God the cps see through this because I'm not sure I can emotionally stand a charge against me of such a false, evil nasty allegation that I've not done.

I'm off to the doctors this week, but what can anyone do for me now? I'm innocent but hey, that's not important in the eyes of the law.

Whatever happens, I'm innocent :'-( I just hope one day someone realises that.

My life stopped the day I was arrested for such a nasty false allegation.

Comment

One question that I'd like advice, why was my laptop and mobile phone seized?
                        What do they expect to find?

Comment

I'm sorry you're feeling so desperate.

Seeing the GP is your priority, are you currently taking medication for your Bi Polar? Were you taking medication when you were interviewed, did you have access to that medication when you were questioned?

I'm not sure how long ago it was when you were questioned but I'm assuming you're on bail. It is incredibly frustrating but there really is very little you or any Solicitor can do
                          to speed up the process. There are people on here who've waited over 2 years and are still waiting for CPS decisions. Unless you are charged there is little a Solicitor can do apart from hand hold, be very careful that you don't get suckered into paying money to a Solicitor who promises he can make all this go away.

Both you and your partner will have days when you feel the world is going to end, it would be sensible if she spoke to her GP too.
                          Right now you are in shock, it will get better honestly. Your first step is to get the professional help.
                          The Samaritans are always available if you need someone to speak to.

Comment

Feeling life is over....

Well....
                            I've done all I can gathering evidence the past few weeks to be told today, by my solicitor that none of it "assists" or helps at this stage and won't help the CPS.

My life is good as over, let's face it.
                            I am innocent, but how many people have been wrongly convicted of this horrible crime.

My ex is clearly doing this to get back at me as she knows I'm happy with my partner and guess what, we have a child on the way too.
                            A time we should be happy buying things for our child, has been smashed to pieces but this women who wants to get revenge on me.

I didn't do anything wrong, I haven't done anything.
                            I'd happily take a lie detector test, yet, in this country that won't amount to anything.

I've been in tears, mass feelings of suicide, my partner is worried sick.
                            Social services will get involved, they'll stick the knife in too.

My whole life seems over.
                            I'm scared, feel alone, my partner who is completely supportive and helping me I feel I've dragged into this.

I can't sleep, the stress is taking its toll on me, I'm forgetting the day of the week, simple things, I was up two days solid the other day unable to sleep.
                            When I do, I have nightmares.

I see no light at the end.
                            Id rather be dead than have a rape charge on me for something I've not done, it'll ruin my life.
                            It has ruined it.

I've thought out how to end it all, and I've even disclosed this to my partner because honestly, I'm broken.

I can't understand how people can make up such a awful lie without evidence and smash someone's whole life to pieces and be happy themselves after doing it.

Sorry, I'm not strong enough sorry I don't have the fight in me.
                            I've fainted a few times recently with all this, its all getting to me.

I'm told now its a waiting game, down to the CPS.

Everything I've tried to gather as evidence is shot down by the solicitor saying shell change her story.
                            She can't even give a month or date to the Police!

I'm innocent but hey, thanks for ruining my life.
                            I'm in tears now so I'm off, but honestly I see the end of my life coming nearer.

Comment

Hi there,

Sorry you feel so bad. You sound so deafeated.

Your sol said ur evidence cant assist at this time. But that evidence will assist u if it goes to court.

The police only try gather enough evidence to prosecute they dont investigate as you and i might imagine.

If it goes to charge then you and sol can build a solid defense. At this stage ur sol wont spend time on ur case if u are legal aid as he wont get paid a penny until u are charged which is fair enough.

Dont let this defeat you.

Comment

Working...
                              X