Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My husband has been falsely accused of sexual offences.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My husband has been falsely accused of sexual offences.

Hello, I am hoping not to be confusing, or waffle on too much....

in the early hours of the 22nd of May, my husband was found by the police passed out in a woman's garden. He had been to see her neighbour, who I shall refer to as "A" to buy some weed, he was horribly drunk. "A" is not there, husband leaves, becomes disorientated, ends up passed out in the neighbours back garden, I shall refer to this woman as "B". "A" then rings "B", "B" rings the police.

When the police arrive, "B" tells them that my husband has been stalking her for months, and taking photos of her, also, that he was masturbating in her garden. She has a record of almost constant accusations of this sort. "A" then tells the police that he is constantly going to her house and exposing himself, and that he had gone into her room and tried to kiss her (she is in her 70s).

I am up all night frantic, my husband rarely drinks, and had been at a birthday party for his boss.

The first thing I hear about this is when two police arrive at about 10.30am. I honestly thought they had come to tell me my husband was dead. No, they have come to search the house for cameras, mobile phones and recording equipment. They leave with two old mobile phones, both broken.

The police interview my husband, he goes no comment as advised by his brief. I should point out that he asked the police when arrested to contact me. When they searched the house they told me he had refused his call, and did not want to speak to me (all lies).

On Monday, he is charged with Trespass with intent to commit a sexual offence, and sexual assault of a female (which I take to be going into As house and attempting to kiss her). he is then remanded into custody and put on a sex offenders wing. He is refused bail at this point.

On the 24th of June, he has a plea hearing, he pleads not guilty, gets bail, but is bailed to his parents, 270 miles away. His court date is not until November.

During this time, I have been the victim of an almost constant campaign of what can only be described as "stalking" by the woman that has accused him. The week after his arrest, she turned up at my work with two people (she had also rung them on the night of my husbands arrest), they said they were "There to talk to me", but surely prosecution witnesses should not be trying to contact defence witnesses?

One of these "friends" stopped me in the street last week, and when I refused to speak to her, shouted "We are sorry for everything" at me. I have told the police about the stalking, they refuse to take any action beyond going to talk to her and tell her to stop.

I am really at my wits end. Does anyone have any advice?
    Last edited by Casehardened; 15 July 2016, 03:58 PM. Reason: To split text into paragraphs for easier reading

I'm so sorry you're in this situation.
    It is a nightmare.
    I don't have any similarities with your case and ours but I do have first hand experience of the "stalking" that you are experiencing.

It's quite scary.
    Although our cases differ, our "stalker" has made our lives a misery.

In an ideal world, reporting it to the police should be the course of action, however in the real world it doesn't help at all.
    We were advised to "keep a record" of any incidents, we now have 53.
    Every time, we dutifully get a police reference number but so it goes on.
    What the police need is evidence.

If you can get something to record with, a camera, a spy pen, a mobile phone.
    Anything that records the harassment.
    Once the police have 3 incidents together (say within a few days) then they'll act.
    But all they do is issue a "harassment warning notice" which only lasts 6 months.
    Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done.
    I can't offer any more help other than to hang in there.
    It's a bumpy ride!

Be strong!
    YoH

Comment

Thank you YoH. this has been such an odd time for me. I have seen how absolutely evil people can be, but this has been far outweighed by the support I have had from my family, friends and the community. Someone knocked on my door today, I thought it was the police, but someone had just left me a box of chocolates on the step. it just makes me so angry that the police know that the two women involved in this are lying....in fact, the one person that my husbands accuser said would back her up said "No, that woman is a dangerous liar. I stopped going to her house seven years ago because I heard what she was saying about other people, and was worried she would say it about me". What's the betting the prosecution never mention that statement? I am so glad to have found this forum. I wish I had found it months ago, when this all started.

Comment

get a voice recorder dictaphone... batteries last for ages, when going through it i kept it on in my pocket turned on everytime i was out where they might be trouble!

here's the one i got:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...er/2791362.htm

with your work place, surely there where other witnesses/cctv that showed her there??

You can tell the police and it may not seem like there doing anything but they might note it down to go against them (might)or they may 'tell her off' but they wont let you know they have because they don't want it to look like they're doing anything to help you.

keep strongxx
        "Only True Love Can Survive This"

-Hubby was accused - arrested in June 2015 - re-bailed December 2015 - NFA'd March 31st 2016 - SS allowed him back home to our family April 2016-

Comment

Thank you guys....she did tell my boss "It will all blow over" when asked to leave, and my boss is willing to appear as a witness. Also, someone that she said would back her up about my husband exposing himself to her said "She is a liar. She is always saying things like this. I stopped having anything to do with her because I was worried she would say it about me. I knew that she would get someone into trouble. She is dangerous"...this was a statement given to the police.

Comment

Working...
          X