Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would love advice

Hi
    I'm new, and not sure if I'm using the site correctly?
    My son was falsely accused of rape a year ago! He wasn't charged, just sent home to wait
    The case was sent to the CPS and we haven't heard anything more, my son has had his ups and downs but I am proud that he is coping ok, most of the time !
    The solicitor has contacted the CPS a couple of times but to no avail, seems that other more important cases come in, they seem to be extremely overworked and under resourced.

People are always taking about human rights, I wonder what about my sons human rights?
    Are there any time limits to this hell we live in

Hope you can help

Welcome to the forum

I guess this is not the answer you want but one of our members was a similar situation (i.e. interviewed but not charged or bailed) and was kept in limbo for about two years before being advised that no further action would be taken.

Bail is a real hassle so it's good that your son doesn't have to jump through this hoop but it does keep the clock ticking with an incentive to close the case out.
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Originally posted by supportiveparents View Post
      Hi
      I'm new, and not sure if I'm using the site correctly?
      My son was falsely accused of rape a year ago! He wasn't charged, just sent home to wait
      The case was sent to the CPS and we haven't heard anything more, my son has had his ups and downs but I am proud that he is coping ok, most of the time !
      The solicitor has contacted the CPS a couple of times but to no avail, seems that other more important cases come in, they seem to be extremely overworked and under resourced.

People are always taking about human rights, I wonder what about my sons human rights?
      Are there any time limits to this hell we live in

Hope you can help
      Hi and welcome to the site.

My son was also arrested last year and bailed. Like you we have heard nothing (apart from the date of his next bail). We are just waiting for the cps to make a decision, unfortunately I don't think there are any time limits. We have good and bad days and I am amazed at how well my son is coping with this nightmare.

This site is great and very supportive and you will find loads of helpful information. Hoping you get some positive news soon.

Comment

Big Thank you

Thank you both for responding

My son was arrested but no bail and not charged, I'm confused by this ! The sergeant at the desk said"ah, that probably means it will be dropped" not that I read too much into that
        One year on, nothing, it just seems so cruel !!
        My son is doing well, although also good and bad days..the bad days is the only time he opens up
        He mostly carries it himself

Comment

Hi

My son was arrested October last year,bailed 3times but didn't have to attend any of these bail dates. His case was dropped exactly a year ago by cps.The wait was agonising and draining. Every day I prayed for news,then kept thinking no news is good news.when the phone call came we didn't know wether to laugh or cry, we were elated. Keep up your support for your son through the good days and bad. I hope you get some positive news soon, then you can all move on and live your lives in peace and worry free. Don't give in.

Comment

Working...
          X