How to get back to square one after NFA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get back to square one after NFA

I would like to start by saying a huge thank you to everyone who helped me through my false allegation. As many of you will have seen from my post I was only bailed for the months (how you lot on trial and tastes of bail cope I'll never know), but in that time I lost my job and when got a new job took two weeks off due to depression and the fact I took an overdose.

When I spoke to the OIC he told me how he knew it was dodgy from day one but wouldn't be going for prosecution against false accuser. I know many are in this position but what can we do now. I know its a minefield but thought a thread like this would allow us all to find ways to reset, get "justice" and try return to step one.

So my first thing is how do we 1) check enhanced DBS if don't have any money left and 2) if NFA is present get it removed so don't have to explain at every interview that needs one. Also I'd anyone knows how to remove DNA etc as couldn't get head around previous post.

Next thing is between losing my job, days on sick, moving house to be closer to a support network I've lost about £2000. I've looked into deformation case (reported to work before police so get around anonymity of police statement), but it will cost me too much. Is there any way I can recoupe my loses as lack of money is really getting me down as was saving for a few things and has knocked me back alot.

The final thing is possibly the main thing though, how do I move on? If I was to get together with someone now I'd be too scared they'd make an allegation. I'd be too scared to do anything and that if told them kinda ruins the atmosphere or would worry after they know an easy way to screw me up.

Hi, how long has it been since you got your NFA? It will get better. Some counselling could help but ultimately I think you have to look at the positives, although you've been through hell, you've experienced something which helps you to appreciate life and your freedom. Just as someone who experiences depression or a brush with illness such as cancer you've been through something that was a threat to your life as you knew it...but you've come out the other side. Time to enjoy and appreciate life

Comment

Well I'm happy to hear it's been dropped but I'm sure that doesn't take away the anger, trauma and everything else you've been through since being falsely accused. With regards to your DBS, you could ask the Police what will be included on your DBS record. As they have told you it was dodgy, you could argue with them that it shouldn't be included. There is a DBS government policy which states if there are any concerns about an allegation being false then it shouldn't be included on your DBS.
      What kind of work do you do? Some jobs won't require an enhanced DBS and others won't require a DBS at all. Remember you don't have a criminal conviction so no need to declare it on a job application.

It's going to be hard to recoup your financial losses. A defamation case will cost a lot of money and can be hard to prove but I'm sure I've read you cant bring a defamation claim for false allegations but I'm not 100% sure. Best thing would be to tell the Police you want to make a formal complaint against your accuser and if they refuse to investigate it, file a complaint against the Police through professional standards. If your accuser is prosecuted you might then be able to recoup some of your costs and a contribution for distress and damage to your reputation and loss of earnings.

As for moving on, it will take time and good support from your friends. Counselling might help but you need to look after yourself and take it easy for awhile.

Comment

Working...
      X