Partner arrested for historic sexual abuse claims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partner arrested for historic sexual abuse claims

Today at work I received what was probably one of the most shocking phones of my life. At around 10:30 I was informed that my partner had been arrested, for at that point an unstated crime.

Around an hour later I had another call from the police asking if everything was OK in our relationship and was he good to me. Informing them that all was OK at home, I was told to be ready for a call from my SO within an hour.

It seems he has been accused for sexual assault of an ex dating to the late 1990s. It seems his ex has denied any existence of their relationship, and of his bisexuality. The lack of consent in their relationship is pretty clear to me as they were together until the mid 2000s and remained friends until the end of the decade when the ex was sentenced to prison (not for the first time either - my partner has never been in trouble though).

The interview lasted about half an hour, and he has been bailed for the next 3 months.

Right now I just feel sick that anyone could do this to someone and how the police could even take it seriously. I just hope this will be over soon, although this site makes me realise it could last months.

Anyway, having looked at many of the threads on here people are of great support. I hope I can grow to be part of that.

Welcome, though I'm sorry that you've had to find you're way here. Unfortunately it is likely to be a long road but you will find lots of supportive company along the way here if you want it.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Cheers mate. It all just feels so surreal. There is no way my partner could have forced anything on this guy - I mean he has a track record of violent crimes and sexual assaults now. And this all bloody started because my partner tried to help him out when he was in trouble, homeless and suicidal.

Now twenty years down the line he claims it was all against his will. Why would you continue to live with someone who sexually assaulted you? Why would you remain friends with them throughout the next ten years! I can only believe these claims must be helping him somehow in a current legal dispute he is inevitable involved in. Or that its helping him get realised from his last conviction in a sexually case.

**** we just need this to go away. It's destroying my partner already.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        Unfortunately there's no way to speed things up so you must both prepare for the long haul.
        If you're lucky it will be NFA quickly but please prepare yourselves for the worst just in case.
        The police are busy and you're unlikely to be a priority.
        I promise you, the initial shock, despair and fear does get better, eventually.
        Hang in there and go with the new feelings.
        Your feelings are perfectly normal for such an abnormal situation.
        This link helped me:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now

And of course talking on here with others is a huge help!!
        Be strong!
        You can get through it.

YoH

Comment

good luck, and welcome to the forum.

we may not do much here, but we defo do support !!!!
          Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
          Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

Working...
          X