Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 hours in police custody tonight on c4 is a rape case

Still on at the moment, interesting.

Good shout, should be interesting to watch!

Comment

Anyone else feel angry with the end of that especially? Described the NFA decision to "victim" as an almost "sorry we can't prove the rape which were sure happened actually did". There was no mention of timescale the accused was stuck in limbo, no mention of how he felt, despite a victim reaction montage so we all know that accused means guilty. Oh and the 9/10 rapes unreported and only 6% conviction rate.

Fed up with the media and police trying to make out we're all guilty but just managed to get away with it. I had the OIC tell me off record he knew it was a lie but they couldn't go after the ***** for perverting the course. I've now reported her for phoning me on a private number several times a night but they won't log it as not a police matter. Bet if I rang her I'd be back in for harassment if not intimidation with case being reopened.

Sorry off on a rant then, but what's everyone think of channel 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Scaredlad View Post
        Anyone else feel angry with the end of that especially? Described the NFA decision to "victim" as an almost "sorry we can't prove the rape which were sure happened actually did". There was no mention of timescale the accused was stuck in limbo, no mention of how he felt, despite a victim reaction montage so we all know that accused means guilty. Oh and the 9/10 rapes unreported and only 6% conviction rate.

Fed up with the media and police trying to make out we're all guilty but just managed to get away with it. I had the OIC tell me off record he knew it was a lie but they couldn't go after the ***** for perverting the course. I've now reported her for phoning me on a private number several times a night but they won't log it as not a police matter. Bet if I rang her I'd be back in for harassment if not intimidation with case being reopened.

Sorry off on a rant then, but what's everyone think of channel 4?
        I think a quote from the detective sgt sums it up quite well. "How can you be sure that she was raped?". The progran really does highlight how hard the polices job is.

But and it's a big but,you are right in regards to small anount of reference to the accuseds situation. But could you really explain how someone feels in thag situation with only an hours program?

These programs never really help because how can anyone really deliver the impact of a rape/rape accusation has on people with only an hour worth of film.

Thanks

Comment

I watched the programme last night, and here is my take..

First of all, she said she was taken out of the club under force!
          This didn't tie up with the cctv at all!
          I would admit the cctv after the event, where she is going out outside...and then the apparant stand offish actions paint a slightly different picture??

However, it was not conclusive in my opinion one bit!

The part that angered me, was how the police were pushinh for a charge, and just looked completely dejected at what the cps was telling them!!
          One would almost suggest they are chasing targets?

Something else that struck me last night was this..
          It would appear in the more standard rape cases, the cps are quite keen on looking at how concrete the evidence is etc
          I would suggest in Historical Abuse situations, they don't have the training or confidence to nfa these types of cases!!

Comment

Interesting program, I think it did a good job of showing people out there that it is not simply black and white and we cannot go assuming that the accused are guilty (even though most people and the police do)

I was surprised with how keen the police to charge, they even appealed to CPS at this point saying 'how is this doing a service to the victim'. Well, between the police and cps they should be trying to establish the facts not carrying out 'a service' for a complainant. Funny how at this stage the accused has no-one to argue his case to the cps, and the police are allowed to exert pressure

There was also a mention during the program of how they will look for evidence to support the victim. As many people have experienced they will not look for evidence in support of the accused, who lets not forget may actually be the genuine victim if they are being falsely accused

As for the case itself shown, who knows what really happened. The evidence was quite strong to show that there was no force in getting her to the hotel, but she was clearly in distress when leaving. Perhaps she was a genuine victim, but amplified other parts of the story?, who knows.

Comment

My opinion on 24 hours in police custody,
              From the cctv of her heading to the hotel I have no doubt in my mind she went voluntarily to the hotel when there intercourse began and took place and then he either accidentally or intentionally anally penetrated her I can imagine not many women would like this and she has left as it was clear when she left she was distressed to a degree but again its only my opinion.

What really got to me is despite them saying they were you could clearly see they were not keeping an open mind they wanted it to be a rape conviction end of. As one officer said years ago we did not take things seriously as we should have so we deal with them in a different light now, in other words trying to boost there conviction rate to make up for failing really victims years ago.

The thing that really got to me was they said we have to determine who is more credible as a witness I have well over 30 proven lies in one of the statement from my accuser how is that credible the evidence in my case any many others is so so much weaker than what we saw last night. Proving if its an historic allegation you are ****ed.

I guess we never ever will understand the justice system, lets just hope some future juries watched and realise with a situation like this how can you ever be 100% sure to ruin someone’s life on another persons word.

Comment

Well done you brave people i know i could never watch id have a breakdown x
                Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Me to Lilyput , it just makes you feel so angry we have absolutely no faith in our justice system just waiting for our world to come crashing down even more if that were possible as they gave almost cut us off from any reality ( stopped family members talking to us so they can use them ! But over my dead body will I allow that once we know what we're dealing with (9 months and waiting) and actually think from what we know they don't want to be There witness over a photo that is nothing more than your normal average family snap ) All I see / imagine is the smirk on OIC face as they then give you 'I am your best friend look '

God help the whole country if they go the , 'this is a indecent photo way ' they would have to lock most of us up , gawd forbid I have a photo many many years old of 3 year old sat in a potty ! yikes really have to throw it away along with the black and white photo of me with no nappy on on a blanket thats getting on 60 years lol . REALLY what country is this ! So that was taken by grandparents , deceased umm that would not stop them
                  I am sure .

As for emoticons these are apparently also deemed inappropriate ! My god tis a weird world .

I deem everything they police rubbish do as ' inappropriate ' as if they did there job properly why would they put 3 children ( aged 15,13 and 11) in a cell in the 70's as they had a call from the psychotic step father who had a abused them for many years -telling them he did not want them in the house and the police insisting yes you have to go back there and actually taken back there in a police car to endure some more ! yep that was a small part of growing up in ' in our system' and then to have OH put through this **** when he's the one that helped me . Sort yet another angry rant day -did not mean to hijack original poster thread .

Comment

Forced myself to watch the programme as I knew I would find it distressing. Agree with previous post why is the accuser always referred to as the victim? (I'm not saying they shouldn't be believed) just shouldn't be referred to as the victim, in many cases the accused is the actual victim of a false allegation.

Comment

It was interesting that they re-interviewed the complainant over the next door guest's statement that he heard a woman's voice saying "I will it", "I will it", in a 'normalish' voice. (I had a perhaps unworthy suspicion of what she "willed"...)

She stuttered a bit trying to explain this away and my guess is that this is why the case went no further.

It's puts a different spin on our usual mantra about not giving the police exonerating evidence if the complainant is robustly challenged about this.

Thanks to Soulbug for the heads-up on the programme, I somehow managed to miss it, though I've watched most of the others, but have just watched it on iPlayer.

The only person to come out of the whole sorry situation with any credit was the duty solicitor!
                      'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

They show in the Tv program the "good job to get justice" they do.For the people to see we live in a nice world. Nothing at all with my storie...

Comment

Working...
                        X