"Request of summons" after attending last rebail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Request of summons" after attending last rebail

Attended the last rebail and now my sons on request of summons. Obviously still not been charged. Has anybody got any thoughts on this ? Case supposed to be with cps now. However accuser has been contacting my son via social media which we have reported.

Do you mean your son has received a summons? I was a bit confused by your post. If that's the case, then I'm sorry to tell you that it sounds like he's been charged. The CPS do issue postal summons for some people now rather than the Police telling them at their next bail date if a decision is reached sooner.

Comment

No, at the last bail the cops cancelled his bail and put him on "request of summons" which means they'll send a letter if they need to !

Comment

Hey Shawshank,

Firstly, sorry that you find yourself in this situation.

Hopefully what I've got to say won't be quite so frightening....I was interviewed and my LR "attached a solicitor" to my case who then wrote to me to simply confirm their appointment and to summrise the contents of my interview as they understood it to be.

The final paragraph of their letter said "....you have been reported for summons....". I about fell to the floor at that point! However I emailed the solicitor to find out what the heck that means!....Here's their reply:

We can confirm that the wording is correct, to expand, it means that the police will submit the file for a decision to be made by the CPS. if the CPS decide that there is enough evidence to support a prosecution, you will receive a summons through the post (which will confirm information of when you must attend a court hearing). If you receive a summons, you must let us know.

So basically at this point all it means is that once their investigation is complete, they will submit the file to the CPS for a charging decision.

This was 12 months ago in my case.

Best Wishes

TBG1

Comment

I'm not surprised you about fell to the floor!! I do wish that the people who draft these 'form' letters would think about how they appear to those who read them. They really need to make sure that the meaning is clear and that they don't leave people panicking about what is going to happen. It only makes more work in the long run when they get more letters or emails or phone calls asking for clarification.

It's such unnecessary additional anguish.

PS - I'm sorry it's taking them so long to decide what to do, too. 12 months is a ridiculous amount of time for them to need to make a decision.
          Last edited by Franticwithworry; 3 June 2016, 08:47 AM. Reason: To add PS
          'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Well not been on for a bit. Been charged now and awaiting going to magistrates later this month. Facing four charges in total. More waiting game to do before we get to see what lies have been told.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
              Well not been on for a bit. Been charged now and awaiting going to magistrates later this month. Facing four charges in total. More waiting game to do before we get to see what lies have been told.
              So sorry to hear this.
              Hang in there.
              But now this is your chance to fight back.
              Once you know exactly what's being alleged you can pick it to bits.
              Make sure you have the best representation you can find.
              You only get one shot at clearing your name.
              Keep us posted, we're with you all the way!
              Big hugs
              YoH

Comment

Working...
              X