historical rape, please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• historical rape, please help

a month ago my step sister falsely accused me of rape, this apparently happened 7-8 years ago and she would have been around the age of 5 and i was 14. I remember how it all came about, my step brother and i were cleaning her room. while we were doing this he asked her if she wanted to 'touch him' etc. I immediately felt uncomfortable and decided to leave the room.
    I tried telling my step mum at the time about this incident but nobody believed me. A couple of nights passed and i was staying at a friends house and my step dad came to the house and immediately brought me home... I was confused and a lil scared if im honest because i hadn't ever seen him that angry. when i got back i found my room trashed and he started to hit me and scream at me! apparently i made her touch me!
    Social services were called the next day and i tried explaining what had happened but my step mum refused to beieve my step brother would do that.
    I was told the police wouldnt be involved and nothing would be taken further.

Last month i got a knock on my door saying that a was arrested for rape... not just touching but penetration! wtf!
    I was so shocked and didnt know what to do. I'm really scared, although i know i didnt do it i suffer from severe anxiety and depression.
    my step mum and the accuser failed to mention social services were involved at the time during their statement.
    Will this work in my favor?

Please help i just needed somewhere to put my mind to rest or at least get some helpful advice

Hello and welcome to the forum,

You may have something in your comment regarding social services involvement at the time. If the allegation was of rape I can't believe they would not have notified the police, therefore the allegation was sufficiently minor that they thought this unnecessary even if they believed the allegation to be true.

The question therefore arises as to why your stepsister told one story then and another one now, at five a child should be capable of a fair description of events.

There is some general advice in this link which you may find useful:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you!, does this mean that it is likely to be NFA?
      im just wrecking my brains and still trying to get my head around it all... I never thought this would happen to me and didnt realise how much it actually happened to people until now and tbh I'm scared and dont know how to deal with the situation at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Dekay View Post
        Thank you!, does this mean that it is likely to be NFA?
        Impossible to make any predictions I'm afraid, but most members experience is that in historical cases where there is no actual physical evidence is that the investigation is fairly long drawn out with several rebails, so be prepared for this......

Comment

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
          Impossible to make any predictions I'm afraid, but most members experience is that in historical cases where there is no actual physical evidence is that the investigation is fairly long drawn out with several rebails, so be prepared for this......
          I actually feel like my life is over before its even begun, I'm feeling so low in myself atm and dont know if i can cope for as long as some people do. My dream career has been sabotaged by this. I'm sorry if this isnt the place to post this kind of stuff but my thoughts of suicide are so strong lately and i dont like talking to people face to face... I panic and i was disowned by family 6 years ago :/

Comment

Your feelings and emotions are not unusual at this stage; I won't say that it's going to get better any time soon, it's something that will affect you possibly for years but you do get used to it in the way you can adapt to a constant nagging pain (note my signature!)

The angry (at your accuser) stage comes next and you can channel this anger into building a potential defence should this prove necessary.

Comment

Hi am so sorry to read your story! You will get through this although everything seems hopeless now. May be worth visiting your GP and seeing if they can give you some support - it may mean some short term medication, to enable you to cope better. I would also suggest talking to a few trusted friends if you don't have the support of your family. You need to be able to express how you are feeling to people - this forum is also an amazing source of support and information. Keep posting and remember that you are much stronger than you think that you are currently!
              Mattiex

Comment

Originally posted by Mattie52 View Post
                Hi am so sorry to read your story! You will get through this although everything seems hopeless now. May be worth visiting your GP and seeing if they can give you some support - it may mean some short term medication, to enable you to cope better. I would also suggest talking to a few trusted friends if you don't have the support of your family. You need to be able to express how you are feeling to people - this forum is also an amazing source of support and information. Keep posting and remember that you are much stronger than you think that you are currently!
                Mattiex
                Thank you, its nice to hear that from someboday. I just cant get my head around it... she has told two seperate stories but they may take years to investigate... non of what she says adds up and i hope they see that :/ i just want my life back on track

Comment

Sorry you find yourself here, it is hell living with question marks over everything you do isn't it? Must be even worse when its your own family.

I would defiantly talk to friends though and tell them how you're really feeling. Its hard to bring up the conversation at times especially how low its made you but that's very important.

It gets easier after a while, still scary but easier. Don't get me wrong I'm up at 04:30 still as not sleeping but I can now sit in a car with my best friend (female) that I spent 2 months only meeting in public places with CCTV. It does get easier but you need friends and GP is a good idea too.

I've recently been signed off work for 2 weeks as was struggling to sleep and had anxiety daily as worked by where FA said it happened. Its helped reset abit, but without my friends I'd not be here now so if nothing else talk to someone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dekay View Post
                    a month ago my step sister falsely accused me of rape, this apparently happened 7-8 years ago and she would have been around the age of 5 and i was 14. I remember how it all came about, my step brother and i were cleaning her room. while we were doing this he asked her if she wanted to 'touch him' etc. I immediately felt uncomfortable and decided to leave the room.
                    I tried telling my step mum at the time about this incident but nobody believed me. A couple of nights passed and i was staying at a friends house and my step dad came to the house and immediately brought me home... I was confused and a lil scared if im honest because i hadn't ever seen him that angry. when i got back i found my room trashed and he started to hit me and scream at me! apparently i made her touch me!
                    Social services were called the next day and i tried explaining what had happened but my step mum refused to beieve my step brother would do that.
                    I was told the police wouldnt be involved and nothing would be taken further.

Last month i got a knock on my door saying that a was arrested for rape... not just touching but penetration! wtf!
                    I was so shocked and didnt know what to do. I'm really scared, although i know i didnt do it i suffer from severe anxiety and depression.
                    my step mum and the accuser failed to mention social services were involved at the time during their statement.
                    Will this work in my favor?

Please help i just needed somewhere to put my mind to rest or at least get some helpful advice
                    Hello.
                    My advice is to try to remember all in details and wait for the best but be ready for bad news to!

Rape is a difficult cases for police and CPS and it depends how they feel about your case and evidence.

Now, patience is all so i just wish you all the best!

Comment

Working...
                    X