Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My accuser has finally been arrested

Hi

Some of you may remember my previous posts. I was falsely accused two years ago of attempted rape and various other sexual acts. My father was also accused. Prior to my accuser making the allegations to the Police, he sent letters to my parents purporting to be from a solicitor stating they were taking legal action against my parents and had reported various allegations of abuse to the Police and wanted compensation. However, at that point he had never reported the allegations to the Police (which were all false anyway) and the letters came from a solicitor who didn't exist. In addition, him and his partner have done various other malicious acts to my parents such as making a false report to the Police that my father had a gun in their home and was going to kill my mother, even though he hadn't spoken to my parents for 18 months at the time.

I told the Police about the bogus letters and various other malicious acts when I was interviewed under caution. At first, they did nothing to investigate my claims until I eventually produced copies of the letters which led to me and my father receiving an NFA. I subsequently made a formal complaint against my accuser for perverting the course of justice but nothing was done on the case for six months due to an internal dispute between police forces over who would investigate.

I found out yesterday that my accuser and his partner were both arrested. My accuser has admitted sending the letters but still maintains all the original allegations are true and he sent the letters to cause distress to my parents, remind them of the alleged abuse they have caused and because he duly believes he should be entitled to compensation. His partner denied all involvement. Both have been released on bail.

I'm very happy he has been arrested but disappointed he has still not been honest about the allegations being false. I hope the Police find enough evidence to prosecute them for fraud, extortion and perverting the course of justice. I hope my thread brings some kind of hope to others who have been wrongly accused that people who make false allegations don't always get away with their crimes.

Hi Slowdown

Just wanted to thank you for sharing this it certainly does give a little hope that all the FA's should fit up and listen that they are such destroyers of lives and I hope that your ones end up locked up for a very long time ( sorry I have no forgiveness in me ) even that's too good for them .

So pleased that it another chapter you can hopefully file away soon .

Comment

Further Update

I been informed that the Police have charged my accuser with Fraud and Extortion. However, they were unable to charge him with perverting the course of justice over the false allegations due to insufficient evidence. He has been issued with a Caution.

I'm bitterly disappointed and a caution hardly seems justice considering I experienced 16 months of hell waiting for an NFA and still dealing with the aftermath of the situation. However, the Police have acknowledged they thought there was more to the situation but without a confession from him or other evidence they couldn't prove anything. The whole thing still leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth but at least I don't have to attend court and it's finally over now but hasn't sunk in properly.

Comment

I suppose the only good thing is that the accuser is now in the system and if they ever try this again then there is a record of them for the future.

Try and look at the positives. A police caution still is on their record. And it may deter them from doing it again, knowing that they won't be elegiable for a caution again. It will be criminal prosecution next time.

I really hope you can put a line under things now.
        Bitter and twisted though this leaves us all, we have to get over it for our own sanity!!

I know how you feel, we are in a similar position. What we've been through doesn't even compare to what the accusers and their families seem to get away with!

British Justice??? My Backside!!!

Keep smiling!

YoH

Comment

You should tell the police it is up to a jury to prove anything and that you have evidence which can be put in front of a jury, it is not the job of the police to prove anything, if you get no look take the case to a private court.
          (free) legal assistance | sentencing guidelines

I've been there, so I know what you are going through, keep strong.

Comment

Working...
          X