Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should be changed in the system and how should we go about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Itsnotallbad View Post
    Experience of both sides,how ever horrific,leads to sound judgement and therefor better advice. If we didn't have that diversity then this forum would become a very one sided and pointless place.
    I couldn't agree more and given that people genuinely affected by abuse of all kinds are generally quite private about it, it's absolutely wrong to assume that someone falsely accused has no experience of anything else. There are multiple sides to this coin.

On the subject of Freedom of Information Requests, all the information regarding asking is on the gov.uk website and it's really straightforward.

All that's needed, I think, is to decide exactly what information to ask for and how to word the request.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by stalked View Post
      Well... I met my MP this morning (Conservative, rural). I had 15 minutes with him and used a case reported earlier this week in a local paper to demonstrate the experience of an innocent man, falsely accused and found not guilty. I then went through my suggested improvements. He received my comments encouragingly with lots of nods of agreement and supporting responses. It was clear that I was speaking with someone who had already recognised the problem and he mentioned a few cases if his own. I didn't go to the meeting expecting any tangible action. This was just to expose the hidden burden of suffering by innocent families.
      And a related development, this lunchtime, I got a call from the OIC investigating my stalker and FA. He confirmed that the CPS has finally decided to go to charge 9 months after her initial arrest. So all in all a good day.

Stalked
      Great news, Stalked, but in relation to your MP, they are past masters at making the right noises and forgetting you as soon as you walk out of the door. It's interesting that he didn't even offer to do anything. Have you though of asking him to write to the Minister of Justice, outlining the issues, to expose things even more? I've found you have to spoon-feed MP's a lot, decide what needs to be done and stand over them, metaphorically speaking, to make sure you do what is asked of them, but it's the only way to get results. I've every intention of talking to my MP when this is over for us, but I know from experience that I will have to hold hands and lead the way if I want anything done.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Itsnotallbad View Post
        Great points Stalked, any suggestions on how to get more members to contact their MP?
        Most MP's have surgeries, (I was amazed to discover that some do not), but all can be reached by letter and they have a statutory obligation to respond, I believe. That said, they don't always answer questions or say anything useful, so a 'conversation' might need to ensue while they are pinned down for information/an answer/an otherwise proper response.

Perhaps, when we get a Freedom of Information Request together we could also draft a letter that could be PM'd to members who are NFA'd with are request that they send it to their MP and another, slightly different one for people who are acquitted. They could be sent by email and if someone was willing to co-ordinate that, and receive a copy of each letter we could begin to collect our own statistics. People newly acquitted and NFA'd are probably highly motivated. All, of course with the permission and approval of the site moderators.

I wondered, as well, about contacting someone high profile like Paul Gambaccini, to see if he would like to put his name behind a push to change things. He was very vocal when charges against him were dropped but has gone very quiet now.

Comment

Great idea

Originally posted by wakingnightmare View Post
          Lie detectors for all parties involved in these accusations.

Knew I'd think of something else
          I think this suggestion is spot on. My sister and brother in law have been falsely accused by her sons ex, just disgusting and unvelievable for everyone who knows them. Supposedly their own granddaughter who is 5 now, but it was supposed to have happened when she was 3?? We cannot believe it is now in the hands of cps, they have had no support, only interviewed by police under caution, social services have not done their job professionally. All authority have been all for the lying accuser. Our whole family have been badly affected, we are very close, have grandchildren ourselves and cry for them not knowing if they are going to be charged as its been going on since September intially. If lie detectors were used, they would know immediately the ex is lying through her back teeth, and my sister wouldnt be going through this heartache and totally devastating time. My sister and her husband have had no support from the authorities throughout. Why oh why do the social services involve police without first getting the accuseds version of events. The system is so very wrong. Can anyone tell me how long the cps normally take to decide if charges will be brought or not and how will they be told, a letter? A phone call? House call. Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by Shaz27 View Post
            I think this suggestion is spot on. My sister and brother in law have been falsely accused by her sons ex, just disgusting and unvelievable for everyone who knows them. Supposedly their own granddaughter who is 5 now, but it was supposed to have happened when she was 3?? We cannot believe it is now in the hands of cps, they have had no support, only interviewed by police under caution, social services have not done their job professionally. All authority have been all for the lying accuser. Our whole family have been badly affected, we are very close, have grandchildren ourselves and cry for them not knowing if they are going to be charged as its been going on since September intially. If lie detectors were used, they would know immediately the ex is lying through her back teeth, and my sister wouldnt be going through this heartache and totally devastating time. My sister and her husband have had no support from the authorities throughout. Why oh why do the social services involve police without first getting the accuseds version of events. The system is so very wrong. Can anyone tell me how long the cps normally take to decide if charges will be brought or not and how will they be told, a letter? A phone call? House call. Any advice will be greatly appreciated
            Hi and welcome to the forum,

As you would like advice on their situation I've copied your post to the 'Falsely Accused of Rape' section of the forum; in that way any responses won't get lost in this thread.

If any members can offer advice could you add them to that post
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Thank you very much. As im new here i was really unclear where I could ask for some reassurance. I think thats the right word im looking for. Im so glad i found your site. We have all been going through hell for months, not as much devastation as my poor sister and her lovely husband, but we're a very close family and these lies have totally floored us. I cry everyday worrying about them, so god only knows what they are going through. Their hearts have been broken and even if this doesnt go to court, their world has been ripped apart by the 'ex' not allowing them to see their granddaughter. Honestly everyone who knows them know they adore her and would never in a million years harm her. They have hearts of gold and would do anything to help anyone, they just dont deserve this. But they have been accused of the worst crime ever and as her sister i am so very very worried for them

Comment

Working...
              X