How many?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many?

I've been trying to find out 2 simple numbers.
    1. The number of rape allegations made in this country from the very first stage in any given year
    2.The number that actually end in prosecution

These are very hard to find out - so if anyone has them I'd like to see the cold juxtaposition of those 2 figures.

In all the sites I've visited, there is a very unscientific "why are so few rape allegations ending in prosecution?" in a sort of 'police aren't trying hard enough' sort of way. I would like to see the converse analysis; assuming our judicial process is basically sound (we're prepared to accept that in most other areas of crime), why are so many women making unfounded allegations?
    If anyone has any genuine links or information I'd be interested. As a mother, I am now astounded at how loose the interpretation of the word 'rape' has become - "Looking back, I don't think I really wanted to do it," would now seem to fall under the category of 'rape'.
    2 months in, I am in a state of total anger at my son's FA - cases like this have to stop.

I'd also like to know how many trials end in not guilty verdicts. Is there any way of knowing that?

That would be a measurement of the number if cases being brought with no/not enough evidence, wouldn't it? It seems to me that 'they' only collate figures that show information that they want, not information as it should.
    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Hi - well you'd think it would be straightforward. I've tried many times to find these blank statistics, just to put it in perspective for my son. My guess is that there would be over a 100:1 ratio of initial accusations to actual goings to trial; then - who knows after that. All this distress thrives on obfuscation, political correctness and and people arsing around with statistics for their own purposes. let's try and find them out!!

Comment

I wonder if a Freedom of Information request is appropriate. I'll try to find out how to do that.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Maybe - I don't know how you go about that. There must be statistics. I am on it (gives me a purpose after yesterday's xxxx bail extension).

Comment

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...land-and-wales

Trying to pick the bones out of this.

Comment

Working...
            X