Nfa!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nfa!

Hi All - well after six weeks of hell today my son received a letter stating that there would be NFA as well as a sort of apology! I can't begin to tell you how relieved we are but seriously guys wouldn't have been able to stay as strong had it not been for your kind words and support. I became an avid reader and wept at the injustice and suffering described. I always knew he was innocent of any charge as he is such a gently chap but it has sorely tested my faith in human nature. Feel a bit numb really - should be feeling celebratory but in some ways it still feels surreal! One last thing can anyone advise what we do about the recorded stuff i.e will the fact that he has been arrested for this sort of offence still remain on the police database and if so how does he ensure that it gets removed! Again - thank you and I wish for all of you a similar outcome.
    Mattiex

Congratulations

Comment

Fantastic news!

From what I understand, the arrest may or may not remain on his record. You can request the record yourself to see and if it's there, make a request to the Chief Constable for it to be removed. If the request is denied, you can ask your MP to ask again on your behalf and some MP's are more helpful than others.

I'm really pleased for you that the NFA came so quickly - and an apology is great too, even if it's only a 'sort of' one.

Anyway, that's my understanding regarding the arrest record up to now and I'm sure if I've got it wrong someone will come along with corrections. For the moment anyway, just enjoy the good news and here are some bananas -

Last edited by Franticwithworry; 17 May 2016, 07:03 PM.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Great news.....so happy for you

My understanding is that the record of the arrest will remain on the PNC, however only the police will have access to this.

It's the DBS that future employers may want to look at and you can do something about; however I can't remember how you can get to view this though I'm sure this information was posted on the forum?
        'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Brilliant news, so pleased for you and your son x

Comment

More wonderful news! I'm pleased for you and in particular your son. Hopefully your son can now continue with the plans he had prior to this and start to recover and rebuild.

Best Wishes To You Both,

TBG1

Comment

Hi

What fantastical news, really pleased for you, the end of a living nightmare.

Comment

That's great, many bananas!! your sons case sounds like so many others, and it's not fair. Pleased to hear you got the right result and quite quickly too from sounds of it

Comment

Glad to see news of people beginning to get their lives back, it's encouraging.

Comment

Great news!
                    Take your time with the recovery.
                    You'll feel a whole range of emotions before you feel better.
                    Just don't feel bad about feeling bad!
                    The good days get more frequent!!
                    Take care and all the very best for the future.
                    YoH

Comment

Thank you!

Thank you so much once again for your kind words and advice! I am genuinely very touched and I sincerely wish you all well! Yes it was quite quickly dealt with it appears - so now know why no-one turned up to attend the bail date! I will be popping in to 'visit' the site periodically so that I can reciprocate with bunches of bananas. All good wishes. Mattiex

Comment

Awww just read this so thrilled to hear your good news have some and a truly wonderful future ahead !

Comment

Fabulous Nice to see a quick decision for a change
                          Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

great news for you, take it easy and enjoy life again

Comment

Great news!!

Comment

Working...
                              X