Re: New Member Enquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Member Enquiry

I just joined today. Wish I'd found this sooner. My family has been through three terrible years after my brother was falsely accused of rape. Despite the victim stating on record that it never happened, the prosecutor just keeps moving forward, mostly with delays that are both financially and emotionally destructive. Now the trial is finally happening soon, as the judge put an end to the delays.

Does anyone have resources or advice for getting through the trial? We are all so fed up, angry and disgusted. We don't want to say or do anything that would harm my brother's case, but it will be hard to listen to the character assassination.

Hello and welcome to the forum,

I've moved your initial post to this section of the forum as any support that you might receive will be then viewed by anyone else searching for help (do remember that this is a very public forum so keep details anonymous)

The best description (IMHO) of coping stratagems for trials has been collated in this thread from the 'Useful Information' section of the forum:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Having not yet reached that stage in an investigation.. and I do not wish to.

All I can recommend is keep your heads held high, bounce off each other for support. Communicate with his defence team if you can if something comes up that you may think they have missed or you think could be beneficial to your brothers case.

You must put on a united front and show that your brother is loved, respected and supported throughout this. From what I can gather, juries do notice these things.

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by Casehardened View Post
        Hello and welcome to the forum,

I've moved your initial post to this section of the forum as any support that you might receive will be then viewed by anyone else searching for help (do remember that this is a very public forum so keep details anonymous)

The best description (IMHO) of coping stratagems for trials has been collated in this thread from the 'Useful Information' section of the forum:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...xpect-at-Trial
        I appreciate your support and ideas. Was there something I posted that was too revealing? I'm new to this.

Comment

Originally posted by Zunie View Post
          I appreciate your support and ideas. Was there something I posted that was too revealing? I'm new to this.
          Not at all, I was just worried you might think this is a closed forum as you have registered in order to post but in fact anyone can view without needing to register (and of course this could include your brother's accuser or even the prosecuting barrister!)
          'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hi and sorry to hear of you and your families ordeal. 3 years is an unbeleivable amount of time to be in this position. I hope you have a good defence team in place.

My OH went through a trial,last year and was found unanimously NG. I wont deny it was an ordeal but the actual,court process wasnt as bad as we had feared. After nearly 2 years of waiting much as we dreaded it I was glad to finally be at the end of it all. Defence team supported us throughout and as previous post mentions hold your heads up high he has done nothing wrong. This will be your brothers chance to be heard and the truth be heard. Dont forget FA hasnt been challenged yet. Plus if you have it on record it never happened this will be very useful too. Sending you positivity to get through the trial and he and you can all put this behind you. Just be as prepared as you can and make sure your defence has all facts to help defend himx

Comment

Working...
            X