An idea !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An idea !

Just been reading a thread for the first time started by a guy called Redscouse. I believe from what i have read he was wrongly convicted and is in prison with no family to support him. God knows how he has managed in prison in this situation. I believe Rightsfighter has done a great job supporting him. What im concerned about is how he has bought the essentials TOOTHPASTE, SOAP, TOBACCO, EXTRA FOOD, STAMPS, MONEY TO HAVE A TV, PHONE CARDS ????. These all have to be paid for. As i believe people convicted of sex offences which are Rule 43 prisoners are not allowed to work. So where does it come from ?
    How about starting a fund for these people and support those of us who are wrongly convicted. Im sure people like myself who have used and benefited from this site would be willing to send a £20 postal order once a month to the owners of this site to be forwarded, this goes a long way in prison.

It would need anyone to give contact details who was about to stand trial to the moderators to get them in the system if convicted.

Just an idea but i wouldnt mind doing something like this.

Sex offenders (and alleged sex offenders) do work in prison - not sure where you got that from?

Red works on the hotplate serving meals. He's also a "listener" trained by the Samaritans and was also a mentor, so he's been using his time wisely and constructively, which goes to show the measure of the man. He's not lazy.

I don't know what his "wages" are but one guy who applied for legal aid recently is on less than £2 A DAY!

If they don't work (due to there being no jobs) they get a basic of around £8 a week. If they attend "education" they get a little more than those without work.

I don't know if Red's brother sends him any money in (cheques or postal orders) but he just about gets by. It helps when people writing in to him send him SAEs so he can write back at no extra cost to himself.

Thanks for this post though. It's very thoughtful and much appreciated.
    People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Red is such an inspirational person... I hope it all manages to work out for him in some way and he can build a new life once he is released. Big hugs to him I don't think there's one person here who hasn't been touched by his story or has forgotten him.
      Who you become while you are waiting is as important as what you are waiting for -Nicky Gumble

Comment

Could you please private message me the address to write too him plz.

Comment

Working...
        X