Struggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Struggling

My son was arrested and bailed for 4 months at the end of last year, falsely accused of rape, he has recently been rebailed for a further 4 months as the cps haven't looked at his file yet. As a family we are trying to stay strong and are 100% behind him, but the wait is so hard, it is always there hoovering in your mind and from reading this site I can see that we may have a long road ahead of us. My son still believes that as he is innocent he will get a nfa but being a realist I think he could be charged. Is it normal for a case to be referred to the cps immediately? There is nothing out there for people who have been falsely accused and finding this site has been so helpful.

Hi Soanxious

I agree it was great to find this site to be able to communicate with others and pick up on things we had no clue on before all this started , so big a hi to you I myself am a wife of OH who is currently also on bail since last year in fact now bailed 5 times ( sounds silly but think it's a bit of a tactic of OIC who wanted to know on interview all family dates birthdays etc and can not be coincidental That all bail dates have been on those dates ! Weird but true)

OH now been informed they are awaiting a date to speak to CPS even though file been with them since January.
    am not sure how long the average wait is but looking on here seems to be around 6-18 months and some in cases. Another post I read summed it up you cannot actually do anything but wait and whilst agonising as it is its best to have 'normal ' and as positive days as u can and put it all in the background of your mind . We have not done a timeline yet but seems to be recommended and may help his case if it is not the nfa we hope he gets . He has you as support and sounds like he is very positive do that's a great way for him to be . Take care : hug:

Comment

Thanks for your reply and kind words KB19, it's good to make contact with someone who understands what I am trying to deal with. We wrote a timeline while everything was still fresh in my sons mind, and I have researched local solicitors just in case the worst happens. You just feel so helpless. Can't believe the police are using all your family birthdays for bail dates! Hope things work out well for you.

Comment

Hi,

I waited 16 months for my NFA. My case went to the CPS three times - and on each occasion they requested further actions to be completed. If it goes to the CPS and is referred back to the Police then it usually means there is insufficient evidence at that time to charge but the CPS may want clarification or further information before an outcome can be reached. I was told by the police force investigating me that when a file goes to the CPS it shouldn't take longer than one month with the CPS but on the second occasion it was with CPS for nearly three months. I'm not sure why it took so long! A lot of people seem to be waiting long periods and it's unfair and agonising. My understanding is most cases are usually referred to the CPS for advice and a decision due to the nature and seriousness of the allegation.

With regards to your son, obviously his case could go either way and I wouldn't like to say as I don't know his circumstances but it's best to try and not focus on it too much and stay positive for now. Yes it's bound to be a worry which is always there in the back of your mind but there isn't much you can do at the moment until you get a decision and hopefully that will be a positive one.

Comment

Originally posted by Soanxious View Post
          My son was arrested and bailed for 4 months at the end of last year, falsely accused of rape, he has recently been rebailed for a further 4 months as the cps haven't looked at his file yet. As a family we are trying to stay strong and are 100% behind him, but the wait is so hard, it is always there hoovering in your mind and from reading this site I can see that we may have a long road ahead of us. My son still believes that as he is innocent he will get a nfa but being a realist I think he could be charged. Is it normal for a case to be referred to the cps immediately? There is nothing out there for people who have been falsely accused and finding this site has been so helpful.
          Hi Soanxious - you were so kind to me when I posted a few weeks ago and I wanted to try and reciprocate. I am so totally able to understand what you and your family are enduring - it really is a living hell. My son and I are both now on drugs to stem the overwhelming anxiety - I know they are not for everyone but they have taken the edge of things. I must say too that another forum member suggested keeping an eye on social media - I have done so and perhaps because like you I am realist I have started in that way to prepare for a court case. Am sorry I am not able to offer something more tangible to help you but would just like to say that you are really not alone. Am determined to get my son through this as you will too! Take care and be strong.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattie52 View Post
            Hi Soanxious - you were so kind to me when I posted a few weeks ago and I wanted to try and reciprocate. I am so totally able to understand what you and your family are enduring - it really is a living hell. My son and I are both now on drugs to stem the overwhelming anxiety - I know they are not for everyone but they have taken the edge of things. I must say too that another forum member suggested keeping an eye on social media - I have done so and perhaps because like you I am realist I have started in that way to prepare for a court case. Am sorry I am not able to offer something more tangible to help you but would just like to say that you are really not alone. Am determined to get my son through this as you will too! Take care and be strong.
            Thank you so much for your kind words. I am trying to stay optimistic and there are days when I do actually manage to feel positive for a while. My sons case went straight to the cps (thanks to this site I have found out that this is quite common) and we are hoping they will have managed to look at his case by his next bail date. As you say we are determined to get our sons through this and we will. I am sure others will agree that the waiting is sheer hell but we will get through it.

Comment

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am trying to stay optimistic and there are days when I do actually manage to feel positive for a while. My sons case went straight to the cps (thanks to this site I have found out that this is quite common) and we are hoping they will have managed to look at his case by his next bail date. As you say we are determined to get our sons through this and we will. I am sure others will agree that the waiting is sheer hell but we will get through it.
              My pleasure just wish I could have offered more help. My son has not yet been charged but is due to appear back at the police station next week - I am so hoping that he won't be but am gearing up for worst case scenario!

Comment

Originally posted by Mattie52 View Post
                My pleasure just wish I could have offered more help. My son has not yet been charged but is due to appear back at the police station next week - I am so hoping that he won't be but am gearing up for worst case scenario!
                Hope all goes well next week

Comment

Hope all goes well next week
                  Thank you so much - sending you good vibes!

Comment

Hi Mattie52

I just wanted say that hope it goes ok for your son next week, the waiting is terrible so heart wrenching seeing them go through this and also other family I am sure too. Re the medication very wise to have something there for you both as at least give a bit of a prop for the day too. My OH also has to attend in next few days and as the months have dragged on you get used to the horrible build up and feeling and then the afternath of potential yet another date and what happened on that day chucked in cells etc . Through all this though is always good to try and have a positive everyday if you can . Chin ups one day soon it will all end .

Comment

Originally posted by KB19 View Post
                      Hi Mattie52

I just wanted say that hope it goes ok for your son next week, the waiting is terrible so heart wrenching seeing them go through this and also other family I am sure too. Re the medication very wise to have something there for you both as at least give a bit of a prop for the day too. My OH also has to attend in next few days and as the months have dragged on you get used to the horrible build up and feeling and then the afternath of potential yet another date and what happened on that day chucked in cells etc . Through all this though is always good to try and have a positive everyday if you can . Chin ups one day soon it will all end .
                      Ah thank you so much for your support! Yes, the waiting is hellish - I was saying to a friend today it feels as if we are living in some sort of surreal drama!! My son has not been able to work and is slowly becoming reclusive - he is convinced that his life is at an end!! Am starting to get angry now and need to try to direct that energy somewhere. So yes you are very right it is good to try and be positive but not always easy! I wish you both well and hope that you get the news that you are hoping for - let me know how you get on!

Comment

Working...
                      X