Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bail date today

Hey everyone,

So my bail date is due up today at 2pm. Havent heard from the police or my solicitor. No idea what to expect at this point.

It may just be an oversight on the OIC's part but you must go to the police station & report in....there will probably be an embarrassed pause & a couple of phone calls & you will be given a new date.

(not to answer bail is an offence in itself)
    'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Did you go?
      What happened in the end?
      Hope you're ok.
      YoH

Comment

Charged with attempted rape

I was charged with attempted rape. My hearing is next month. The oic seemed as shocked as I was, he even said the verdict will probably be not guilty.

My friend came with me. The oic sat us down and explained the situation and procedure. He told my friend to keep an eye on me.

It would appear i have a fight on my hands. I rang my solicitor with the news but had to leave a message.

Its going to be a long six months

Comment

It's important to choose the right defence team. If you weren't happy with the duty now is the time to change. I am rather surprised that the police did not notify the solicitor with the intention to charge, as it would have been better had he or she attended.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I'm with ABR solicitors through legal aid. They've been mentioned on here a few times and have positive outcomes. As for the charge im a little perplexed, not entirely sure what i'm charged with.

Comment

I believe they would have read out all the charges to you at the charging desk? You should get them in writing soon. I hope you have a good solicitor and they choose a good barrister

Comment

shocked that the OIC even said he thinks it will be a NG

surely he provided his thoughts to the CPS...
                Recommended Solicitors --- www.arcadianlaw.com
                Proven results for people accused of False Allegations

Comment

....shocked that the OIC even said he thinks it will be a NG
                  Do you mean NFA?

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
                    Do you mean NFA?
                    No thats the weird thing the OIC definately said it would probably be a not guilty verdict when i was charged.

My trial date has been set for 20th of February. My solicitor is waiting for the evidence disclosure, due by the beginning of August.

My solicitor is very confident of a not guilty verdict and we have begun a first draft of my defence statement.

Comment

Hopefully the OIC will be asked about that during cross-examination....

Comment

My solicitor has already made a point of doing so.

Comment

6(ish) weeks to trial

Hi everyone. I hope you all had a good christmas.

My trial is due to take place next month, yet things seem ominously quiet. My solicitor has advised me to keep refreshing my memory by reading through my police statement. It's harder than i thought since everytime I read it I become freaked out. I'm trying to get an appointment with my solicitor so I can go through it with them and get an objective perspective on the matter.

I had my pre-trial hearing in July. The judge seemed almost annoyed with the cps for some reason, I know very little of legal complexities so I can't offer any more information. Initially i was given a trail date of May 2017 but the Judge said, "That's not fair on the defendent" and later complained to listings and i was given a date in February.

I met with my Barrister in November and she seemed very down to earth and confident of a not guilty verdict. My solicitor has been highly confident of a positive outcome since I was charged.

I'm just very unnerved by the apparrent lack of activity at the moment.

Anyway best wishes for the new year

Comment

Hi there. Worrying about what's not happening can give you sleepless nights. I haven't got any experience of the part of the process that you are dealing with at the moment, but we have gone through the Scottish system. I'm not suggesting that you be complacent - contacting your solicitor to ask for an update is a good idea. However there are 2 things I want to suggest:

1) don't torture yourself with going over your statement repeatedly. Giving it a good going over to make sure you haven't forgotten anything s one thing. If anything else comes to mind you can jot it down. Refreshing your memory nearer the date so that you have all the details in your mind for court is something you don't have to do on a daily ir even weekly basis.

2) the Scottish system has a much shorter time between charge and trial. It did for us anyway. We still began to panic because we thought nothing was happening. When it came to it we were amazed and pleased at the amount of work the solicitor had been doing in the background. Looking at the forum, you'll see that lots of people worry about apparent inactivity. There's nothing wrong with contacting your solicitor for reassurance.

Just try not to lose any sleep over it until you can get in touch with him/her. Prolonged holidays as we've just had are fertile grounds for the worry worms to breed!
                            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

I think lack of activity is normal up to this stage.

But assuming your solicitor has now received all the paperwork from CPS, your case should soon quicken pace.

Do you have another meeting planned with your solicitor?

Thinking to back to my partner's trial, we only met the solicitor and barrister once before the trial. However, they certainly knew and fully understood the case and were definitely thoroughly prepared.

Most of their work goes on without you knowing.

Sending you strength on this last stretch. I hope you have managed to collate evidence to counteract the allegations.

Comment

Working...
                              X