Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First message

Hello,
    I'm not really used to using these forums, - I have tried to get help from the NHS psychiatric services, and other private counselling, but since these have failed me, I hope speaking to people via this forum can help.
    I have drink problem, in that most of the time - for months at a time - I drink no alcohol at all, but then I sort of pop, due to a stressful situation, run off find a pub/ pubs / clubs and drink myself into a coma, until either I am picked up by the emergency services and end up in casualty, or get arrested for being drunk and disorderley.
    Most of the time, I am a totally respectable looking mum, who never goes out to pubs, doesn't smoke, has just a few good few friends, but lots of regrest in life. I was raped during a stupid binge in May this year, reported it to the police and they are waiting for forensic evidence to come back - God its been a lon wait.
    A few nights ago, I went out again to the pub because I was in a strange town trying to register for a university course, but I totally panicked, through agraphobia, ran off the pub, got picked up and spent the night in a police cell for being drunk a disorderly - I remember nothing about the event until the morning, so I can only assume I had collapsed.

I then called my husband and begged him to pick me up from the police station which he wouldnt do - he has since regretted it bitterley.
    I went through the day going from pub to pub, getting more drunk and taking valium, and in the end got talking to some guys, who invited me home - they said they could put me up with their family, as I had no where to stay.
    They took me back to a grotty flat and two of them then raped me. I think/hope they were wearing condoms. [B]ecause I was so drugged up [I] fell asleep, then woke up realized what had happened, phone my husband to tell him. One of the guys in the flat suddenly got very angry, said he didnt want me to give the address to my husband, and chucked me and another guy out.

The police arrived - my husband had called them, and were fine at first, saying they would seal of the crime scene and get me tested for forensic evidence. They also had two of the guys who were there when I was raped as witnesses, who obviously denied my story.
    To cut a long story short - I know its already pretty long for which I apologise - a female CID officer then came along to interview me, and was rude and abusive, and basically accused me of wasting police time which she said was a criminal offence.

My husband then picked me up. We are complaining to the IPCC, and when I went to see my GP, and he rang Luton police station to find out why they hadnt done forensic tests, he was told I had signed a statement to say I had consented to sex. I had done no such thing.
    I know that people were sometimes treated badly when they complain about rape to the police, but this is beyond all my wildest expectations of bad treatment - in the early 21st century.

My husband and I are determined to make this CID officer pay somwhow for her lies - she deserves to be sacked - I dont know whether we in all reality have the power to do that, but she deserves nothing less.
    Anyone with any similar stories out there - or anyone know anyone in the whole wide world who may be able to help????
    Thanks, Carole.
Working...
X