Historical Sexual Offences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Sexual Offences

So police turned up to my house, arrested my 60 years old father! He is accused of raping someone 10 years ago! my father is on the bail and when he came back from the police station, he started crying and shaking saying i never harmed anyone in my life! My father is a good good man, in 60 years, he lived his life like an honourable man! and looking at him yasterday broke me into pieces! Feels like our world has ended! doing research on internet, most people are saying that the only evidence they need is a STATEMENT from the accuser!
    Police recorded a video of my dad to show it to the accuser to decide if it's him!

Obviously, that women doing this for money!

Please someone tell me what to do. My father is a innocent man, he doesnt deserve to go in jail.

Hi

This must be a huge shock for you and your dad. I can't offer any advice but just to let you know there will be someone on this forum that can point you in the right direction, you will get a lot of support on here it's a pity that this forum has to exist but it is a life line.

Comment

Your poor Dad! And what a shock for you too! I've never heard of the police videoing someone to show to an accuser before but there are people on here with lots of experience. I'm sure someone will have something to say about that later. Did your Dad have a solicitor with him when he was questioned? Did he have anything to say about that?

It takes a while for a shock like this to settle, so be prepared for you and your Dad to find your emotions all over the place. And come back here often. There are lots of lovely, supportive people here. Hopefully there will be an NFA (no further action) letter in the end, but it can be a long wait I'm afraid.
      'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by lazy lass View Post
        This must be a huge shock for you and your dad. I can't offer any advice but just to let you know there will be someone on this forum that can point you in the right direction, you will get a lot of support on here it's a pity that this forum has to exist but it is a life line.
        Thank you for your quick reply hopefully someone here will have similar experience and can help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
          Your poor Dad! And what a shock for you too! I've never heard of the police videoing someone to show to an accuser before but there are people on here with lots of experience. I'm sure someone will have something to say about that later. Did your Dad have a solicitor with him when he was questioned? Did he have anything to say about that?

It takes a while for a shock like this to settle, so be prepared for you and your Dad to find your emotions all over the place. And come back here often. There are lots of lovely, supportive people here. Hopefully, there will be an NFA (no further action) letter in the end, but it can be a long wait I'm afraid.
          Thank you for your quick reply

My dad told me they videoed him to show it to the accuser, and yes I sent my lawyer as soon as my dad got arrested. My dad doesn't know them at all, never seen them. another reason might be is that the police might have arrested several people and recorded their videos to show it to the accuser. I have a meeting with my lawyer tomorrow, I will keep this forum updated.

Comment

Hello & welcome to the forum,

There is a long way to go between initial interview and jail so don't panic just yet!

Does/did your father know his accuser? If so and there is a possibility that the alleged offence could have occurred then the police are obliged to investigate the complaint and the easiest way to start this investigation is to get the accused's version of events. Hopefully your dad was not too shocked to give a good account of what did or didn't happen.

Have a look at this link which may answer some of your queries:

http://www.daftmoo.org.uk/mooforum/s...at-happens-now
            'What doesn't kill you makes you stronger'

Comment

Hello

Sorry to hear your father is in this situation but he is certainly not alone. Having experienced it myself, it's a very frightening and scary place to be. Unfortunately, your father is only at the start of the process and he could be waiting some time for an outcome. The most important thing is he gets a good solicitor and tries to stay positive although I know this is incredibly hard as the waiting is like torture. It's important he tries to carry on with his life as much as possible and not allow the situation to control his life. Unfortunately, you have very little control over what will happen but hopefully it won't go any further so stay positive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Dilan View Post
                Thank you for your quick reply

My dad told me they videoed him to show it to the accuser, and yes I sent my lawyer as soon as my dad got arrested. My dad doesn't know them at all, never seen them. another reason might be is that the police might have arrested several people and recorded their videos to show it to the accuser. I have a meeting with my lawyer tomorrow, I will keep this forum updated.

The interview is not shown to the complainant. If it is a matter of ID there are other ways of identifying any alleged assailant - possibly a "still" from the interview - although I've never heard of that before. It certainly would not be the reason for videoing it. "Suspects" video'd police interviews are routinely carried out in many police stations now, although not all.

Maybe your dad just assumed it was video'd for the purposes of identification?
                People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I feel for you and your dad I really do. I live with my dad who is also in his 60's and was here when the Police came to tell my dad he had been accussed of a historical sexual assault. I too whitnessed my dad crying his heart out that first night. So sorry to hear you are in this situation.

Comment

Working...
                  X