OIC cancels evdidence meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years this coming March

Well the title says it all. Coming up two years since there was the knock on the door. Nothing heard. Weary is not so keen on calling the OIC for an update because he got short shrift last time (months ago) - a curt response "the CPS are still considering it" - and we feel we might have annoyed the OIC, particularly as Weary has made it clear he doesn't appreciate being investigated a third time for something dismissed twice before.
    Reasons for the delay? Maybe they think that if he was investigated twice before but nothing found, yet the accuser still protests, maybe there is some truth they haven't yet uncovered? (There isn't) And even if they'd uncovered hundreds - or even several - extra cases of historic abuse (untrue of course, as is the original) then we'd surely have heard by now, as they'd have to interrogate him again on these new (made up) cases. Or maybe indeed, as suggested in an earlier post, the file is simply lying under a pile of more urgent and recent cases?
    Last edited by weary; 12 January 2018, 07:17 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Sorry to hear you are still waiting Weary.

It would certainly seem that there is no rush to make a decision, two years is a definite disgrace but sadly not unheard of.

I have known some people to contact the cps themselves for an update.

You could also try getting your solicitor to chase them up or email the OIC.

Who knows why they are dragging their feet, it's possible if the complainant is insistent that they are afraid of telling them no but you can take heart from the fact that nothing has changed regarding whatever weakness or undermining evidence that made them NFA before and that must be giving them food for thought.

Hopefully you will hear some good news soon.

Be good to yourselves and hang in there.
      For reliable legal aided advice in the London or home counties area, contact Harvey Fox of Freemans Solicitors, London. ( Private clients nationwide) :
      https://freemanssolicitors.net/team_members/harvey-fox/

To join secure closed forums for those falsely accused of historical sex offences visit https://pafaaorg.wordpress.com/

For help and advice with appealing convictions visit https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-pacso-forums/

Comment

It is now over two years

The title says it - it is now over 2 years since this (third time) allegation was made. No news.The worst of it is, we sometimes forget ourselves that it is still 'ongoing' as it has been so long. That is good, of course, because it means we are slowly starting to live again. but bad, also, because the call could still (unjustly) come. But surely after two years + they can't be that keen to take this further?

Comment

It's never ending and I am so sorry it's gone on this long for you. I read in another group that some are waiting up to four years. It's getting really stupid now.

Hold on in there. If you are on Facebook you could join one of the groups I run. I also run private forums which are not so much used surprisingly. They are completely anonymous and there is a huge amount of information on there. I'll add you as a contact so I can send you the email address where you can contact me direct.
          People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

I’m sorry its taking so long, weary. Like you, I cling to the hope that the longer it takes the less likely it is to go anywhere. The only evidence they can possible have is the accuser’s statement and that of anyone she has persuaded to lie for her. How long has it been with CPS? Our case hasn't got there yet.
            'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Rights Fighter View Post
              . I also run private forums which are not so much used surprisingly. They are completely anonymous and there is a huge amount of information on there. I'll add you as a contact so I can send you the email address where you can contact me direct.
              Thanks for that!

Comment

Originally posted by Franticwithworry View Post
                How long has it been with CPS? Our case hasn't got there yet.
                I understand it went to the CPS in August 2016. The last we heard was Summer 2017 when they were "still thinking about it"

Comment

It's never ending and I am so sorry it's gone on this long for you. I read in another group that some are waiting up to four years. It's getting really stupid now.

Hold on in there. If you are on Facebook you could join one of the groups I run. I also run private forums which are not so much used surprisingly. They are completely anonymous and there is a huge amount of information on there. I'll add you as a contact so I can send you the email address where you can contact me direct.
                  Rights Fighter, I have just read your reply to Weary and I am horrified to read that some cases last FOUR years before an NFA or charge, I was holding on to the hope that this could be resolved for me within two years , which would mean that I am into my last 6 months of this hell.

In your experience if a case is delayed with the accused not being on bail or anything for two years, is it more likely that the result will be an NFA ? or does it make no difference ? there were many people at the party where the alleged rape took place, surely they can not be expected to remember events clearly from over two years ago. I myself find it hard to remember the full events of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by weary View Post
                    I understand it went to the CPS in August 2016. The last we heard was Summer 2017 when they were "still thinking about it"
                    Blooming heck, weary!!! I’m so sorry to hear that it’s been that long. I do hope you get a decision soon.
                    'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by imsam View Post
                      Rights Fighter, I have just read your reply to Weary and I am horrified to read that some cases last FOUR years before an NFA or charge, I was holding on to the hope that this could be resolved for me within two years , which would mean that I am into my last 6 months of this hell.

In your experience if a case is delayed with the accused not being on bail or anything for two years, is it more likely that the result will be an NFA ? or does it make no difference ? there were many people at the party where the alleged rape took place, surely they can not be expected to remember events clearly from over two years ago. I myself find it hard to remember the full events of the night.

I heard about the four year plus wait from a solicitor or barrister in a group mainly populated by legals. It's not the usual wait but clearly it can and does happen. The wait is about "investigation" and then waiting for the CPS to make a decision. Even then, the complainant has the "right to review" a NFA.

The length of time doesn't really make much difference as to the decision from CPS. I've known people charged after that long and also others NFAd.
                      People Appealing Convictions of Sexual Offences ~http://www.pacso.co.uk

PAFAA details ~ https://pacso.co.uk/pafaa-people-aga...ions-of-abuse/

Comment

Originally posted by weary View Post
                        hmmm that is one hell of a wait. Have you complained yet to the CPS? I would get your solicitor to give them a nudge with a threat of suing them under the Human Rights Act as you have a right to presented to a judge in a timely manner.

I have made a complaint to the PPS here and they have yet to reply, it has been 31 business days since i complained when they are suppose to respond in 20. I understand how angry you are about the delay and how hard it is not to think of things 24/7. I always look on a long delay in a positive way, as if they had an open and shut case they would have charged you already.

Pond31

Comment

I heard about the four year plus wait from a solicitor or barrister in a group mainly populated by legals. It's not the usual wait but clearly it can and does happen. The wait is about "investigation" and then waiting for the CPS to make a decision. Even then, the complainant has the "right to review" a NFA.

The length of time doesn't really make much difference as to the decision from CPS. I've known people charged after that long and also others NFAd.

I appreciate your reply Rights Fighter , this waiting is so hard, but because of my work situation ( the moment I am charged I will have to resign, and I am in a really good and well paid job at the moment) I have not asked my solicitor to hassle them, as I am trying to save as much money as I can to help to see me through when I am out of work and for legal help

Thanks again for your reply , it helps to know that 'someone' cares even when they don't know you . There really are some great people on this site giving up their time to help others.

Sam

Comment

Originally posted by imsam View Post
                            I appreciate your reply Rights Fighter , this waiting is so hard, but because of my work situation ( the moment I am charged I will have to resign, and I am in a really good and well paid job at the moment) I have not asked my solicitor to hassle them, as I am trying to save as much money as I can to help to see me through when I am out of work and for legal help

Thanks again for your reply , it helps to know that 'someone' cares even when they don't know you . There really are some great people on this site giving up their time to help others.

Sam
                            Hi again Sam

I just have to ask WHY!!!!!! do you have to resign? Being charged is not the same as being found guilty. There are too many victims of FA's who loose their jobs on arrest. This should not happen. I don't know what industry you work in but unless you are forced I wouldn't resign. Let them sack you and pay you off first. There so many cases which obviously DON'T pass the evidentiary test and therefore should have been NFA'd but because the CPS don't want to look like the bad guys they charge in these cases instead.

Pond31

Comment

i understand the police force at the moment is stretched due to funding et, however a wait this long is truly tortuous and i feel for you as i have been there - not on this timescale however. please continue to hold onto faith and continue to fight!

Imsam... you don't have to resign if charged. you can fight this if it does go that far just stay positive (easier said than done)!

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Pond31 View Post
                                Hi again Sam

I just have to ask WHY!!!!!! do you have to resign? Being charged is not the same as being found guilty. There are too many victims of FA's who loose their jobs on arrest. This should not happen. I don't know what industry you work in but unless you are forced I wouldn't resign. Let them sack you and pay you off first. There so many cases which obviously DON'T pass the evidentiary test and therefore should have been NFA'd but because the CPS don't want to look like the bad guys they charge in these cases instead.

Pond31

Thanks Pond and Bob123 for you replies. I feel in my case they will expect me to resign as I have a managerial post and the powers that be there would not appreciate the Company name getting into the local papers when I have to attend court for the pre-trial

I just hope and pray the I get an NFA, but if I don't and I do get charged, is there any way I can keep it out of the local papers? at least the where I work bit

Comment

Working...
                                X