Number of dropped Crown Court prosecutions at highest level in five years

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of dropped Crown Court prosecutions at highest level in five years

The following BBC article reports that the Number of dropped Crown Court prosecutions at highest level in five years -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36010691

Most of these cases that were dropped were sex related and specifically rape cases, which needs no evidence to go to trail at the Crown Court.

As I know from my own rape case the CPS Barrister plays a game of call my bluff.

During my trail which lasted over 2 weeks the CPS Barrister kept implying that he had evidence to prove I was guilty of raping my ex-wife in an attempt that I would change my not guilty plea to guilty

But I never changed my plea to guilty and there was no evidence and I was found not guilty on all 5 charges of rape against my ex-wife due to lack of evidence.

What happened to me was played out in all 90+ Crown Courts in England and Wales with around 2000 Current/Past Husband/Partner each year being put through the horror of a trial accused of raping their Wife/Partner with a conviction rate of almost Zero.

Each rape case costs the UK Tax Payer £80K and the only people to benefit were the Police, Barristers and Judges with nothing to show for all the Public money wasted on cases that were always were going to fail with the accused being acquitted.

Unhappy

Unhappy thanks for sharing the BBC news article. It's an eye opener to me.

Sorry to hear about your ideal of going through a trial. I'm happy you were cleared on all counts.

The CPS is not fit for service. They work with the police to secure a conviction it seems.

The CPS must be held accountable for putting people's lives on a hold for months upon months.

They should be looking at the evidence impartially but it seems as if they are on the side of the false accuser/complainant.

The decision to charge lies with two tests:

1. The evidential stage
    2. The public interest stage

It baffles me that so many cases go to crown court on insufficient or no evidence whatsoever. Something is not adding up at all.

Comment

I have recently been to the Police and made a complaint against ex-wife for Perjury.

As I had a broken arm following a sporting accident at the time my ex-wife accused me of raping her.

When at the trial I told the jury that I had a broken arm the police went to my local hospital and did find my medical record to prove what I said was true.

When the CPS barrister told the jury I had a broken arm at the time of the alleged rape the Crown's case collapsed against me and I was found not guilty on all counts of rape.

However, no action was taken at the time against my ex-wife for perjury.

The Police, CPS and Judge simply ignored the fact that my ex-wife lied both in her video statement and while on the witness stand about missing out such a key fact.

The police have told me that my ex-wife would need to make a full confession to be charged with perjury.

Otherwise she will always be believed.

I even went to a nation newspaper with my story, but it was never investigated as the Police have put a news blackout on the case and so it cannot ever be reported.

Unhappy

Comment

I just don't understand it. It seems that your wife has to admit to a crime before she can be prosecuted, even though there is evidence that she is guilty of a crime, but you can be prosecuted for a crime, even though there is evidence of your innocence. It's such an upside down world.
        'Mongolian Warriors had the courage of lions, the patience of hounds, the prudence of cranes, the long-sightedness of ravens, the wildness of wolves, the passion of fightingcocks, the keenness of cats, the fury of wild boars and the cunning of foxes.' BE A MONGOLIAN WARRIOR WHEN DEFENDING YOUR INNOCENCE!

Comment

So frustrating that no action appears to be done against the false accusers.

And disgraceful that so much money is wasted where the truth is obvious but the police and CPS continue with the case. They do not seem to have any regard for the money or innocent individuals. A mess.

Comment

The police have told me that they will hold a serious case review as the crime is still unresolved.

I told the police that my ex-wife was out until after midnight planning how to best divorce me with person or persons unknown (which I could prove) the night before she made her historic rape allegations to the police.

Furthermore, I told the police it was effectively an execution as once she made her rape allegations I was put on police bail under conditions not to return to the family home and not to have any contact with her or the children as if I had died.

Furthermore, the police appointed solicitor threatened to walk out of the 12 hour long police interview unless I stopped answering any more questions concerning my ex-wife rape allegations.

I could not even discuss with my Crown Court Appointed Defence Barrister that my ex-wife made false rape allegations as she told me she did not care about what I had to say as she was only interested in my ex-wife witness statement.

Only at the trial itself 1 year later could I tell the jury the fact I had a broken arm when I was to suppose to have raped my ex-wife and was then found guilty on all 5 counts of rape.

Given the fact that there have hardly even been any husbands in the UK convicted of historic rape of their ex-wife's you would have thought the police would have asked my ex-wife for some evidence to backup her claims, but there was no evidence ever produced at my 2 week trial.

Instead the CPS Barrister just played this bizarre game of call my bluff trying to get me to change my plea to guilty by implying that he had evidence to prove my guilt but there was none.

All very bizarre but true

Unhappy

Comment

My take on the whole situation

This is my take on the UK Governments rape policy for the last 5 years
              When the last coalition government came into power in 2010 they wanted to prove a long held feminist belief that many married women are victims of rape by their own husbands. To prove this fact, the Government, introduced life time maintenance orders giving the women almost everything when they divorced their husbands. Also, married women were told if they could prove that domestic violence occurred during their marriage the maintenance order payments could be even higher against their ex-husbands.
              Anyway, as you might expect many married women seeing they could possibly become very wealthy and never having to work again took up this offer and made domestic abuse including rape allegations against their husbands. In anticipation of this expected surge in domestic abuse and rape allegations the CPS even setup offices in each county in England and Wales to speed up the prosecution of all the ex-husbands being accused of domestic abuse and rape, which totalled some 9000 accused of rape in 2015.
              However, there was a massive flaw in the Governments new rape policy, which was the Jury in the Crown Court would never convict a husband of rape without hard supporting evidence, which in almost all cases was none and the conviction rate of husbands charged with rape has stayed at almost zero for the last 5 years
              To try and influence the Jury’s decision and find the accused guilty of rape. The Police and CPS would often inflate the seriousness and number of rapes committed by the accused. As in a rape case no evidence is required to go to trial at the Court Crown and the Police and CPS are free to make as many allegations as they want.
              I myself was charged on 5 rapes. Even through there was a half-truth in only one count of rape. The other 4 counts of rape were completely false and were not even mentioned by the CPS barrister during the trial. Instead the CPS barrister concentrated his efforts on the charge that was a half-truth. Hoping that if the jury convicted me on one charge of rape then they would also convict me on the remaining counts of rape.
              However, when I gave evidence I told the jury I had a broken arm when the supposed rape occurred, which there was medical evidence to prove. The Crowns case then completely collapsed and I was found not guilty on all 5 counts of rape.
              Just to finish my take of this appalling situation. The Government stopped life-time maintenance orders in February 2015 and all previous orders have to now be renegotiated under the new rules. I believe this change in policy was made to try and stop the huge raise in broken families, which cost the UK Tax Payers £45Billion in 2015.
              Under the new rules divorcing women are now only given clean break orders and can only claim maintenance until the child is 7 years. After which they are expected to start working again. I believe this has stopped many women from making domestic abuse and rape allegations against their husbands as there is simply no financial benefit to be gained.
              My final comment to the feminist who caused this complete mess is that they should resign from the Government. As I believe they will be exposed at some point in the future for their actions, which caused a lot of suffering to many innocent men to prove a theory which is completely false.

Comment

Working...
              X